Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 22 of 22
    Settled up with Delta and took delivery on this beauty today.

This guitar is as new and comes from a collector not a player. No evidence of any use and the finish is in spectacular shape. Plays great, sounds great. Time to woodshed a Jazz tune or two to demonstrate this fine instrument.

Any Requests?

Looking for something easy from this old classic rocker
    ."Chablis Anyone?"-legrand1-rot-jpg"Chablis Anyone?"-legrand3-2-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images "Chablis Anyone?"-legrand3-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Happy NGD!!

User Info Menu

Congratulations RS! She's got a nice Rose tint! Tune suggestion? Old Folks, but of course, since so many of us here are, well, Old!

"You've got to be in the sun to feel the sun. It's that way with music too." - Sidney Bechet

User Info Menu

Wow. Congrats!

User Info Menu

Gorgeous! Congratulations, and play it in good health!
    Best regards, k

User Info Menu

Rhoadsscholar,
    Beautiful guitar and smart purchase ! The Legrand is my favorite Gibson.
    The combination of smaller body size ( same as Citation) and thinner body depth equals great playing comfort and a beautiful focused tone. There is a reason why the best D’Angelico’s /D’Aquisto’s had 3” body depths.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhoadsscholar View Post
    Settled up with Delta and took delivery on this beauty today.

"Chablis Anyone?"-legrand1-rot-jpg"Chablis Anyone?"-legrand3-2-jpg"Chablis Anyone?"-legrand3-jpg

This guitar is as new and comes from a collector not a player. No evidence of any use and the finish is in spectacular shape. Plays great, sounds great. Time to woodshed a Jazz tune or two to demonstrate this fine instrument.

Any Requests?

Looking for something easy from this old classic rocker
    I have a LeGrand which looks quite similar, not sure if it's really a chablis or just very nicely aged blonde. What a beauty - i'm looking forward to hear it!
    I took the liberty to rotate your pics, if you don't like that i'll remove them .....
    My request would be Sophisticated Lady ......
    I wish you countless hours of happy playing with your new guitar.
    _________
    JazzNote

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNote View Post
    I have a LeGrand which looks quite similar, not sure if it's really a chablis or just very nicely aged blonde. What a beauty - i'm looking forward to hear it!
    I took the liberty to rotate your pics, if you don't like that i'll remove them .....
    My request would be Sophisticated Lady ......
    I wish you countless hours of happy playing with your new guitar.
    THANKS FOR Fixing the Pics, much appreciated.

User Info Menu

Wow! What a beautiful guitar. Congratulations :-)

User Info Menu

Is this ful 17 inch guitar or smaller can you give me an exact measurement?
    specializing in repair and setup, does your guitar play like it should?

User Info Menu

THIS is the face of a very happy man! Congratulations on this magnificent score, Robert. Play it in good health.

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark View Post
    Is this ful 17 inch guitar or smaller can you give me an exact measurement?
    Hi Mark, At it's widest point, it is exactly 17"" from the outer edge of the binding on one side to the outer edge of the binding on the other side

I am a big dude at 6' 7"" and tend to make les paul's look like mandolins so that might make the LeGrand appear to be smaller.

User Info Menu

My reference to Legrands being smaller is based on my two Legrands which measure just under 17" across back of lower bout. One is 16.8 and the other 16.875 . One is a Hutch period and the other is a only few years old.

Im sure Gibson would refer to these as 17", sort of like the 25.5 scale which is actually 25.312.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

There's no drawer high enough for this "pink" baby. Top drawer stuff.

Nice score, Rhoads. Play on in good health.

User Info Menu

Wow, that looks great. Have fun in the shed!

User Info Menu

Bob,

Our doom and gloom incident turned into a huge blessing for sure. You knocked it out of the park with all the bases loaded on that one. Your big smile says it all.
    Congrats my friend !

User Info Menu

Bob is a big dude (with a big heart). I am 6ft and only come up to his shoulder. I remember him playing my 175. Looked like he was playing a Les Paul. Gorgeous LeGrand !
    Top of the food chain axe for sure. Hey Bob....we both prayed and look what happened.

User Info Menu

Beautiful guitar.. hope it makes some great music for you.
    Hell is full of musical amateurs - George Bernard Shaw

User Info Menu

Wow. What a beauty! Play it in good health for many, many years.
    I have been having LeGrande GAS pangs of late. Must resist must practice more when I get these gas attacks.

User Info Menu

Beautiful to say the least. Big congrats.

User Info Menu

Oh man, that is fab, what perfection. Can't ask for much more in that genre.
    -- Isn't it crazy that "archtop" and "luthier" are spelling errors on this forum?

User Info Menu

It is a wonderful guitar. I've got a similar Chablis Le Grand (black pickguard though, but Custom leather case) up for sale on ebay and reverb - if anyone is interested.
    Congrats to you, Bob; you're going to love it.