Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

Matt made me these custom bridges. 1 for a L5 and 1 for a Tal Farlow. He matches up your tun-o-matic. Only $35. Matt is a class act.
    THANKS Matt !Attachment 64240Attachment 64241Attachment 64242

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

wow those look great, kinda reminds me of the Sadowsky true-tone bridge, but these look better. I have a Sadowsky,but haven't installed it yet on my VB. So you sent him your Tune-o-matics and he copied them and made these?

User Info Menu

You are correct. He will also radius a new bridge base if you send him the old one!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzgtrl4 View Post
    wow those look great, kinda reminds me of the Sadowsky true-tone bridge, but these look better. I have a Sadowsky,but haven't installed it yet on my VB. So you sent him your Tune-o-matics and he copied them and made these?
    He copied the tun-o-matic from close up pics I sent him. He had them made in a week.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k View Post
    He copied the tun-o-matic from close up pics I sent him. He had them made in a week.
    very cool, thanks...was wondering how i was going to do that.

User Info Menu

Matt Cushman is a real pro, and a class act who has been such a huge asset for this forum. It was a privilege to have Matt create a custom wide ebony bridge for my last 18" arch top. Thanks Vinny, I better ask Matt to make a complete bridge for my ES175.
    "You've got to be in the sun to feel the sun. It's that way with music too." - Sidney Bechet

Matt built me a great archtop in the early 2000’s. It had a great neck and the best fret job I ever seen. I love the way he carves his tops. Really nice recurve on the top and back. Sadly I had to sell it and my DAQ to help out my daughter but I highly recommend his guitars also.
    Not to mention he is a super nice guy just like Mark Campellone is.
    Both great builders and guys.

User Info Menu

I bought a guitar from Matt- on eBay!- in 2006 for a really great price and it has become the guitar I play almost all the time. My GB10, Tele, Strat, flattop, classicals, all sit in their cases most of the time. Great neck and wonderful acoustic sound. I went through about five pickups trying to find one that worked the best on that instrument and seem to have settled on a neck-mounted Pete Biltoft floating CC. Matt has made me several bridge tops as I was experimenting with different strings to balance the pickup and a new tailpiece after the old one got damaged. For one of the tops I "intonated" a TOM and mailed it to him; the ebony one he made me had perfect intonation right out of the box. He is great to work with and crafts beautiful stuff.
    Beauty is as close to terror as we can well endure. -Rainer Maria Rilke

User Info Menu

always nice to see matt c getting some love for all the meticulous work he does

enjoy vinny

cheers

User Info Menu

Is this something Matt does regularly as part of his business? I need a couple of everything.
    Hell is full of musical amateurs - George Bernard Shaw

User Info Menu

I have always wanted to do this, but was reluctant to remove & send my TOM. If Matt can make one from a picture, I’m in!

User Info Menu

The Cushman option sounds great.

On my main player I have the nylon tun-o-matic. I like it because it's not as bright as metal and I don't have to give up intonation.