The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 27

User Info Menu

Got the DV Little Mark Jazz amp for my RV travels small light weight great sound loves pedals more than a Jazz amp for sure. Anyway I wanted a case to carry it around and protect it from bumps and bruises while traveling. I found another one on this site that fits but it wasn't available anymore at a decent price. I really like this one fits great and provides more storage room as well. Got this on Amazon for $64.95 shipped couldn't be happier. Meinl MIB-M Professional Medium Ibo Bag

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Looks like a great bag for the little jazz. Great video showing the fit.

User Info Menu

I like this. I was thinking of ordering a vinyl cover for mine.

However, with the vinyl cover, I still end up carrying cables and other accessories in a separate bag. With the cream color tolex on the amp I having reservations of moving it with the bottom exposed. I find occasionally I find my self having to put amps down on gravel when loading and unloading.

Does the bag itself add much weight? I was not able to find specified weight that made sense. Amazon says 0.32 oz. (got a feeling there's some kind of metric conversion error on the Amazon site.)

User Info Menu

Yeah, they have a nice versatile line of bags.

MEINL Percussion: Products

User Info Menu

I see another bag was discussed in an earlier thread. Seems similar without the extra height. I don't see it in stock in the USA.

MQW-10

Professional Cuica Bags - MEINL Percussion: Products

User Info Menu

I bought a cover for my Little Jazz that has a pocket on the side for carrying miscellaneous stuff. I'm not hard on the amp, and carry most stuff in the guitar gig bag, so that works for me. But a better bag would probably be preferable, if one were easily available. Anything that will hold a 10" cube should work. I don't have a source, though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleOM
    I see another bag was discussed in an earlier thread. Seems similar without the extra height. I don't see it in stock in the USA.

MQW-10

Looks like they have it here:

https://www.x8drums.com/meinl-profes...g-10-in-black/

User Info Menu

MQW-10

Yes, that's the one I got for my DVM LJ (since replaced by a Bud) - fit like the proverbial glove.
    Here's the thread DanielleOM refers to:
    Padded carry bag for DV Mark Little Jazz?
    Amazon does not appear to have it anymore, but as Grahambop said, X8 seems to.

User Info Menu

Hi:

I´m new here. I'm from Argentina and i always love to read the subjects on the group.
    I will visit New York in a couple of weeks and i want to buy a DV Mark Little Jazz for my regular Thursday gig in a local bar.
    It's a two guitars, (yes, i know) drums, double bass, two saxophones, trombone, trumpet and a male singer and a female singer from time to time gig.
    i have read here that the little jazz work good enough in that kind of situation, so i have decided to buy one.
    My concern is that here in Argentina we have 220 v electric power voltage.
    In my research i see that some of the DV Mark Little jazz have a voltage switch button but when i look in the Guitar Center web page, the picture of the back panel of the amp doesn't have that button.
    It is possible that the versions for the united states of the amplifier work only with 110 v?
    If so, I could not buy it.
    Is there anyone around here who has bought a DV Mark Little Jazz in the United States who can tell me if the amplifier works also at 220V?
    I suppose that with reading the label on the back it reaches, but in the photos of Guitar Center that label does not appear.
    Thank you so much!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Diegonu
    Hi:

I´m new here. I'm from Argentina and i always love to read the subjects on the group.
    I will visit New York in a couple of weeks and i want to buy a DV Mark Little Jazz for my regular Thursday gig in a local bar.
    It's a two guitars, (yes, i know) drums, double bass, two saxophones, trombone, trumpet and a male singer and a female singer from time to time gig.
    i have read here that the little jazz work good enough in that kind of situation, so i have decided to buy one.
    My concern is that here in Argentina we have 220 v electric power voltage.
    In my research i see that some of the DV Mark Little jazz have a voltage switch button but when i look in the Guitar Center web page, the picture of the back panel of the amp doesn't have that button.
    It is possible that the versions for the united states of the amplifier work only with 110 v?
    If so, I could not buy it.
    Is there anyone around here who has bought a DV Mark Little Jazz in the United States who can tell me if the amplifier works also at 220V?
    I suppose that with reading the label on the back it reaches, but in the photos of Guitar Center that label does not appear.
    Thank you so much!

The one I recently received in July 2019 shipped me from Guitar Center, USA, is the later design, with a two position voltage selection switch marked 120 and 240. There's a sticker on the back noting it's set for 120VAC 50/60 Hz. From other postings I have seen it seems GC has been shipping the latest model for quite some time and have never gotten around to up dating the photos on the web site.

Noting the switch is marked 240, I suggest you check specifications on line for suitability with 220VAC.

User Info Menu

The one I recently received in July 2019 shipped me from Guitar Center, USA, is the later design, with a two position voltage selection switch marked 120 and 240. There's a sticker on the back noting it's set for 120VAC 50/60 Hz. From other postings I have seen it seems GC has been shipping the latest model for quite some time and have never gotten around to up dating the photos on the web site.

Noting the switch is marked 240, I suggest you check specifications on line for suitability with 220VAC.
    Sorry to insist but on the DV Mark page I didn't find the precise indormation. Does the amplifier that sent you then have a button to change the voltage?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Diegonu
    Sorry to insist but on the DV Mark page I didn't find the precise indormation. Does the amplifier that sent you then have a button to change the voltage?
    On the one I received, there is a two position rotary switch. A tool, small flat head screw driver is required to turn the switch.

If you go on line, you can download the manual. Although I see a reference to 230V and 240V and I don't see any reference to 220V. The manual covers models for different areas and I am not sure they model from GC is designed for 230V.

Coming from the industrial world the power specification seems very poor as there is no reference to min and max voltages, just a few nominal references. If they really need 240V you are at 92% of specified voltage with only 220V applied. If your utility voltage or building voltage is lower than it should be you could be much lower than the required voltage. I am thinking you would want to make sure any extension cord has a very large gauge wire to prevent further voltage drops.

Perhaps you should write the manufacturer, and ask specifically what they recommend for your 220V power line condition. It might be helpful if you knew something about power regulation in your area with expected max and min voltages.

Danielle
    Last edited by DanielleOM; 08-07-2019 at 10:09 AM.

User Info Menu

The model in the picture on the Guitar Center website has not been in production for a long time. Current production has the voltage switch. Note, however, that few if any stores keep the Little Jazz in stock, and you have to order one. It's usually available in a store within 5 days. If you order one, you can return it for a full refund if you don't want to keep it. I suggest deciding which store you will visit, and order the amp online for pickup in that store. When you visit the store, check the amp and if for some reason it won't run on 220V, just get a refund. Mine is from about 3 years ago, and it's the newer version with the switch, and I don't believe you can currently buy the old version as new. One sold as used could be either version, so be careful there, but buying new will get you the current version. As for 220V vs 240V, it's the same as 110V/120V. Not an issue at all.

User Info Menu

Thanks, for the information.

I just ordered a standard slip over cover from LeCover. He just lined it up in his on his on line ordering system.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    The model in the picture on the Guitar Center website has not been in production for a long time. Current production has the voltage switch. Note, however, that few if any stores keep the Little Jazz in stock, and you have to order one. It's usually available in a store within 5 days. If you order one, you can return it for a full refund if you don't want to keep it. I suggest deciding which store you will visit, and order the amp online for pickup in that store. When you visit the store, check the amp and if for some reason it won't run on 220V, just get a refund. Mine is from about 3 years ago, and it's the newer version with the switch, and I don't believe you can currently buy the old version as new. One sold as used could be either version, so be careful there, but buying new will get you the current version. As for 220V vs 240V, it's the same as 110V/120V. Not an issue at all.
    Many thanks.
    I will do that. I will order it to pick it up at the store as soon as I arrive in New York.
    By the way, I will also order the Meinl bag. Looks perfect for the Little Jazz !!!

User Info Menu

I ordered the Meinl MQW-10 bag for my DV Mark LJ, but found that it was impossible to insert the padded sides into the bag. They are too big. I ended up trying to get it to fit and two of the sides broke. While the bag itself is nicely constructed, the padded sides need to be re-evaluated by the manufacturer and downsized. Wondering if anyone else had this experience.

User Info Menu

Yes, the internal padding was a bear to install - a non user-friendly design aspect to be sure - but I managed to do it successfully with lots of patience and perseverance - and some profanity as well. Sorry you couldn't make it happen without damaging the components. Hopefully, you can return it. Perhaps the bag featured in the OP would be a better alternative for you.
    Good luck!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Karol
    Yes, the internal padding was a bear to install - a non user-friendly design aspect to be sure - but I managed to do it successfully with lots of patience and perseverance - and some profanity as well. Sorry you couldn't make it happen without damaging the components. Hopefully, you can return it. Perhaps the bag featured in the OP would be a better alternative for you.
    Good luck!
    Thanks! Well, I tried to make it work but my rheumatoid arthritic hands just wouldn’t cooperate. The Amazon vendor said she was going to contact the manufacturer to see what could be done but I never heard back. Your reply has motivated me to contact her again. I’ll also look at the other bag. At least I can return the Meinl bag for a refund. Easy to do through Amazon.

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing that info about the case! I just ordered a Little Jazz (s’posed to arrive tomorrow) from GC. Can’t wait to check it out. I have a couple great tube amps (Marshall and Trace Elliot-era Gibson) But they are in storage due to temporary living circumstances and I am missing their sweet tone. I have been playing bluegrass guitar and mandolin the last decade or so but am returning to jazz now. A Yamaha THR-10 has been my only amp option since the bigger tube amps went into storage. Not a bad practice amp, but the DV Mark gets a lot of buzz and the online demos sure sound pretty. Glad to hear your comment about it being pedal-friendly too. I have a Fulltone OCD I hope to use for a boost with the Little Jazz.

User Info Menu

I've been using a small canvas shopping bag. It's not padded. OTOH, it costs very little and rolls up to store. So far, no problems. I'm careful not to bang it around or drop it.

User Info Menu

My DV Mark Little Jazz arrived today. I had a chance to check it out between work and my lesson this evening. I brought it with me for my lesson since my guitar teacher was curious to hear it. We both love the tone. My teacher’s comment was that it had a pure sound that let the sound of the guitar come through. He played his Heritage archtop through it which has a Kent Armstrong PAF, and I am playing my Eastman AR503CE with the stock Seymour Duncan Jazz. They both sounded beautiful through that little thing.

User Info Menu

(
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Eisele
    Thanks! Well, I tried to make it work but my rheumatoid arthritic hands just wouldn’t cooperate. The Amazon vendor said she was going to contact the manufacturer to see what could be done but I never heard back. Your reply has motivated me to contact her again. I’ll also look at the other bag. At least I can return the Meinl bag for a refund. Easy to do through Amazon.
    I contacted the seller again and she told me that Meinl had shipped a number of the bags with incorrect, oversized padded inserts. She refunded the cost of the bag through Amazon without me having to return the bag and told me to check back in after a month or so when a new shipment of the bags with correctly sized inserts arrive. Just thought I would let you all know if you were running into this problem.

User Info Menu

I wish that DV Mark would produce an appropriate bag for the little Jazz. They sell bags for their bass heads. Obviously the LJ is designed with portability in mind so I would think that a bag would be readily available.

User Info Menu

I wasn't shopping for a carrying case but instead, I was in the hunt for a slip case with enough padding to protect the LJ from scuffs and scratches when carrying it around. (I typically carry my guitar in a gig back on my back and carry the amp in my hand.)

I am very pleased with this one from Dust Covers for You - they have the LJ's dimensions in hand and manufacture upon ordering. Great customer service, as well. I purchased through Amazon.

DVMLJ Dust Cover

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wengr
    I wish that DV Mark would produce an appropriate bag for the little Jazz. They sell bags for their bass heads. Obviously the LJ is designed with portability in mind so I would think that a bag would be readily available.
    They do:

DV MARK | Products | Cover 801