User Info Menu

Came across this amp which is supposedly a copy of Jim Hall's amp:

"The Kingsley Duke is a combo amp for Jazz guitar players and was inspired by the Gibson GA-50, as used by the famous Jim Hall. The Kingsley Duke uses a cathode-biased output section, with a 5AR4 rectifier tube, two 6L6 output tubes and a 6SN7 phase inverter. The pre-amp uses a single 6SJ7 pentode. The amplifier uses Jensen alnico 12” and 8” speakers in an open back cab." Cost Is $2100

Interesting to say the least.

Doug

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

B+ for effort..tho not quite as cool lookin'

Kingsley Duke Amp-gibson-ga-50-refurbished1-jpg

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic View Post
    B+ for effort..tho not quite as cool lookin'

Kingsley Duke Amp-gibson-ga-50-refurbished1-jpg

cheers
    I thought the same thing-I'd ask for another colour tolex-perhaps tan? That dark red just doesn't cut it.

Doug

User Info Menu

Simon Jarrett of Kingsley builds great pedals and amps but he has quite a waiting list. The Duke amp may not be available to "order on demand" until his schedule allows it. As far as I know and I know little, his time-table is filled with pedal orders.
    Great Deals with Great Folks: max52 (Guild-Benedetto Artist Award); prickards (Ribbecke GC Halfling); Cincy2 (Comins Concert)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Simon Jarrett of Kingsley builds great pedals and amps but he has quite a waiting list. The Duke amp may not be available to "order on demand" until his schedule allows it. As far as I know and I know little, his time-table is filled with pedal orders.

Yes, there is a long waiting list. I think the pedals are close to a year's wait!

Doug

User Info Menu

Is it possible that the pedal wait time is because he's building amps instead? I have no idea, never heard of either before.

User Info Menu

Jarrett is an interesting guy, and, he can play....

User Info Menu

I believe both Little Walter Amps and Victoria Amps also offer a version of this Gibson amp as well. I tried the Victoria Golden Melody and was suitably impressed!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell View Post
    Is it possible that the pedal wait time is because he's building amps instead? I have no idea, never heard of either before.
    It's a very small company, so I think everything is backlogged.

Like a lot of small companies they become victims of their own success. Kingsley really need to expand and hire more people to build and fill orders. A lot of people just go elsewhere; never to return when they hear of a long wait for product.

Doug