The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

Purely by chance I came across this guitar on Gregor Hilden's site yesterday and nostalgia got the better of me. My very first electric guitar in 1971 was a 1962 strat in sonic blue. I let it go when I was a student at a time when money was more than tight. This guitar is as close to the one that got away (so many years ago) as you can get - apart from the 5-way switch. As always it was a pleasure to deal with Gregor and the guitar should be with me at the end of next week !2008 Custom Shop 1961 Stratocaster NOS-1961-nos-strat-jpg
    Last edited by Ray175; 06-28-2019 at 11:37 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Rosewood-board Strats float my boat! Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

We rejoice with you. Congrats !

User Info Menu

Super sweet.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys - I'm looking forward to being a 16 year old again (with less hair that is now very grey)

User Info Menu

What a beauty!

User Info Menu

That's classy stratocaster!
    Congrats

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jx30510
    That's classy stratocaster!
    Congrats
    Every now and then the Custom Shop produces an exceptional piece of work - given my history of a 1962 strat in this very colour, the videos and photos on Gregor Hilden's site and the exchanges I've had with Gregor I have no doubts that this is an exceptional instrument....... and a darn sight less damage to the bank account than buying a 1962 model for around 25-30k
    :-)
    Last edited by Ray175; 06-28-2019 at 04:13 AM.

User Info Menu

Has he done a demo on line of this very one? he demos a lot of his guitars on sale, maybe this one?

User Info Menu

Congrats!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jx30510
    Has he done a demo on line of this very one? he demos a lot of his guitars on sale, maybe this one?
    Yup, Gregor has 3 videos demonstrating this very guitar :

User Info Menu

Sweet find Ray175. I have an original lefty 61 Strat and it is a very special guitar. The sound of the Custom Shop is very true to the original -- and to me, that's what sets 61s apart from others. Congrats man!

User Info Menu

Thanks Eddy!