The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 77

User Info Menu

Here's a way to add a matching electric nylon crossover to your blue archtop. These are awesome electric nylon crossovers, great for Latin, bossa, etc. I have owned two, have been using one for several years now. No affiliation with the seller or this particular guitar.

Carvin CL450 2004 Blue Burst | Dimension of Sound | Reverb

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You know, I have always wanted a blue guitar. But for some reason not a blue ARCHTOP. Something about the archtop says "tradition" to me, and for me it needs to be a burst or natural.

But I'd love a DGT in blue

Anyone into Blue Guitars?-dgt-faded-blue-jean-jpg

or a Luke III

Anyone into Blue Guitars?-lukeiii-jpg

User Info Menu

I like Carvin and do want a nylon crossover. But I probably wouldn't play it as much as I think I would.
    I have this...
    Anyone into Blue Guitars?-img_20181223_103702-jpg

User Info Menu

Anyone into Blue Guitars?-20180831_170351-png

Anyone into Blue Guitars?-20190626_125709-jpg

User Info Menu

Heritage H575 Custom

User Info Menu

You can never have too many blue gits, I LOVE that 575!!!

Damn, some players are Soo... stodgy... natural, or Gibson horrid "tobacco" burst. :-)

This one is on clearance locally... So tempting... But, I have a 335, I HAVE a 335 damn!

Anyone into Blue Guitars?-gibson_es335_aquamarine-jpg
    Last edited by GNAPPI; 07-01-2019 at 07:50 AM.

User Info Menu

This mij blue flower has been my baby since new in 1988.
    Attached Images Attached Images Anyone into Blue Guitars?-26c53827-a8cf-4ea6-8242-0d91cba74ee7-jpg 

User Info Menu

I've seen guitars with blue opaque paint that I liked, but somehow blue stained with the wood grain showing through looks odd to my eyes. Although, according to my wife, "stodgy" is not an in-apt description for me. I was born in 1959 and apparently was about 60 years old by 1970.

User Info Menu

This is my favorite blue guitar. It remains on my wish list..."Heritage Super Kenny Burrell"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler

This is my favorite blue guitar. It remains on my wish list..."Heritage Super Kenny Burrell"
    Sheesh, the boys from Kalamazoo were not chasing subtlety the day they shot that one. I do love it as well, but my taste tends to run a little less, uh, azuriffic.
    Attached Images Attached Images Anyone into Blue Guitars?-506-1_1-jpg Anyone into Blue Guitars?-506-2_1-jpg 

User Info Menu

Anyone into Blue Guitars?-bluegoosecat1000-jpg

User Info Menu

It is difficult to sell on a blue guitar nowadays. It had its moment in the mid-1990s. Its heyday is over.

The reason is simple: blue under aged clear coat nitrocellulose looks a sickly algae green.

User Info Menu

I got me one.

Anyone into Blue Guitars?-blue-3-jpgAnyone into Blue Guitars?-blue-guitar-jpgAnyone into Blue Guitars?-blue-2-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    It is difficult to sell on a blue guitar nowadays. It had its moment in the mid-1990s. Its heyday is over.

The reason is simple: blue under aged clear coat nitrocellulose looks a sickly algae green.
    Actually, one of the coolest colors I've ever seen is a Chrysler "pale blue" under nitro, that yellowed into a gorgeous (to me) mint (not surf) green...

Guthrie Trapp:
    Anyone into Blue Guitars?-guthries-tele-mint-green-copy-jpg

User Info Menu

Had a Blue National Reso myself, once.

My only ever blue guitar.

Thanks for all of the lovely images.

User Info Menu

Anyone into Blue Guitars?-rutters-3-brass-saddles-nickle-pate-pickguard-png
    Rutters got me thinking of doing a metal pickguard makeover of a Daphne Blue Strat I have. if it looks good on Surf Green It will look awesome on Daphne Blue

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Sheesh, the boys from Kalamazoo were not chasing subtlety the day they shot that one. I do love it as well, but my taste tends to run a little less, uh, azuriffic.
    Anyone into Blue Guitars?-506-1_1-jpg
    This one for the win!
    Last edited by mateo2006; 06-30-2019 at 08:47 PM.

User Info Menu

I only have two blue guitars; Ibanez S style and a Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite with MIII electronics.
    Anyone into Blue Guitars?-screen-shot-2019-06-29-8-55-01-pm-jpg

User Info Menu

Just remembered - I have a blue guitar that I'm going to sell as soon as I finish with a couple of details. Anyone want a really Taos Blue strat (MJT alder body, Warmoth Modern '59 profile neck w/ 1 3/4" nut)? More to come in the For Sale area, soon, once it's done.
    Attached Images Attached Images Anyone into Blue Guitars?-strat-taosblue_5204-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 06-30-2019 at 12:31 PM.

User Info Menu

Anyone into Blue Guitars?-51nwgx85sxl-_sl1000_-jpg

This looks like my Parker Nitefly except I have black Tele knobs instead of the stock knobs. It is my only blue guitar. I have several black guitars including another Parker but no other blues. Not sure why because I think blue guitars are beautiful.
    Last edited by P.J.; 07-07-2019 at 07:21 AM.

User Info Menu

All blue, all archtops, and all by the best luthiers of the day. Maybe not that easy a book to locate, but I found it worthwhile.
    No affiliation etc

KENVOSE.COM - BLUE GUITAR

User Info Menu

Anyone into Blue Guitars?-96e8bead-a9de-443d-bae2-b48dfaa24e0f-jpg
    Not sure why but I find the blue quite striking.
    sorry for the sideways pic (?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    All blue, all archtops, and all by the best luthiers of the day. Maybe not that easy a book to locate, but I found it worthwhile.
    No affiliation etc

KENVOSE.COM - BLUE GUITAR
    I have this book and love every beautiful page in it.

User Info Menu

Not my actual guitar but I can’t get a picture of mine right now.

My blue guitar is a Gretsch G5420T in Fairlane Blue.

Anyone into Blue Guitars?-ks18093637-front-large-jpg

I used to have a blue PRS Custom 24 but I sold it because we didn’t get along.

User Info Menu

The Montelone is the winner for me too, but there ain't a dog in the bunch.

I'm surprised how great the Fender D'Aqui story sounds, I like it better than many more expensive counterparts.

Actually, the Super 400 sounded thinnest, but I've played an acoustic super 400, ain't nothing thin about 'em.