The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Posts 51 to 75 of 104

User Info Menu

picked up last night... (Action Music in Falls Church VA)

Pictures on their site must have been from the web because it was an ugly black and yellow sunburst...

This one was a Tabaco sunburst in mint condition. 16" w/ humbucker

Peerless Monarch-wp_20150828_001-jpg

Peerless Monarch-wp_20150828_002-jpg

Peerless Monarch-wp_20150828_003-jpg

Peerless Monarch-wp_20150828_004-jpg

Peerless Monarch-wp_20150828_005-jpg

Thinner sound than the PM2 or Sadowsky but still plays and feels excellent!
    Attached Images Attached Images Peerless Monarch-wp_20150828_006-jpg Peerless Monarch-wp_20150828_007-jpg Peerless Monarch-wp_20150828_008-jpg Peerless Monarch-wp_20150828_009-jpg Peerless Monarch-wp_20150828_010-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Looks exactly like mine!

Have you heard from Peerless yet?

User Info Menu

Nothing yet.....

Picture get expanded so they look low res.

If you shrink the pics , they will look better...

Beautiful guitar though! Not a mark on it and a great price!

User Info Menu

*****2013***** was the year!

Surprised me that it is almost 2 years old and it is in absolute mint condition!

User Info Menu

Cool!

Nice guitar. Isn't it?
    A great value for under $1400.

Could you PM the email address for Peerless to me, please? I'd like to find out when mine was made (PE1002090)

Regards.

User Info Menu

I'd been thinking 2013 or newer, as I don't recall see Lou advertising any single routed humbucker Monarch's before then. Congrats!

User Info Menu

Pictures I posted couldn't make it look much worse.... ...really is a beauty !

Nice Axe, and very different from my PM2 and JH Sadowsky.

More mid range / brighter sound that seems to work better amplified than acoustically, where the PM2 seems big and dark to me --closer to the JH Sadowsky

(...keep the Godin ACS nylon for the early morning or late night practice session...:-)

User Info Menu

Just rec'd the beautiful blond Peerless Monarch 16 that I purchased from forum member FidgetStone last week. Just wanted to let everyone know that Jim is a great guy to deal with - the guitar was exactly as represented and packed very well - no problems at all. I got my Quilter Mini 101 head yesterday and the two should make a great combination. Time to hit the woodshed!!!!

User Info Menu

Peerless Monarch-peerless-jpg

User Info Menu

So classy. I have a 17" monarch, and it's just a lady through and through. Classy, sweet, and takes no sh*t from anybody.

User Info Menu

I'm having trouble putting it down for sure - it even sounds good through my Fender Mustang 1!

User Info Menu

So which way do you like it better so far, plugged or un-plugged?
    I have a 17" Cremona and find I like it better un-plugged. Having a very acoustic living room helps.

User Info Menu

Plugged for sure. Since its a pressed top and not carved, it doesn't have a great acoustic voice - kinda reminds me of a 'thunky' 175 (which is not necessarily a bad thing). Need to spend more time with it, though.

User Info Menu

I love my Monarch (floating pup) plugged in, but it has a very unremarkable acoustic voice. Ironically, my Gibson ES165--laminate with routed in pickup--has a better acoustic voice. Go figure!

User Info Menu

I hear nothing but good things about these guitars. Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Hey Skip,

Congrats. Glad you like your new guitar. I am very happy with mine as well. The Monarchs (both 16" and 17" models) are wonderful guitars and represent IMO incredible values. Both models will (again IMO) "run with the big dogs".

User Info Menu

I like the neck & headstock appointments, congratulations on your new sweetie.

I am always interested in the weight; is she heavy?

User Info Menu

I almost feel sick seeing this -because I came so close to grabbing it, and then got sidetracked with a bunch of stuff and when I came back to it, well, it was yours. :-) Congrats - I'll have to just go find one of my own. Your tone description sounds what I'm looking for.

User Info Menu

Skip,
    Its a work of art. Best of luck with it. You should get much enjoyment out of it.
    I am surprised that it doesn't have much acoustic sound. What is the depth of the body? A pressed top should not impede its acoustic sound that much. My JP20 which is very close spec wise (and its a laminate too) to your guitar has a surprisingly prominent acoustic volume. Is it covered in poly or lacquer?
    Its really nice.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

That's one of the nicest single pick-up styles out there. As Joe asked is she poly or lacquer? I don't expect it would make much difference with the laminate. But it may with a solid top.Congratulations Skip.

User Info Menu

It's solid maple with pressed solid spruce top. Not sure about the finish - it's just listed as 'high gloss' so I'm assuming it's poly although it doesn't appear to be overly thick. It does have a soundpost thing under the bridge which may be cutting down on the acoustic voice. I think I read a post where someone removed it but I don't think I'll go that route. It's plenty loud enough for couch practice and sounds great amplified so no problemo! It is a little boomy on the bass end so I intend to lower the bass side of the pickup a little.

Oh, and, yeah, it's neat to just sit and look at it - very pretty guitar!!

User Info Menu

just bought one..2009 model.

I cleaned the fretboard and its is painted...! It doesnt changed color but its obvious from the rag..the more i scrub the rag went brown.Tried the same on other korean guitars(epiphone) and the fretboard is raw, no paint.
    This monarch has black fretboard like ebony, i have seen other monarchs with classic rosewood grain

i expected higher quality fron peerless. .The pickquard however is real ebony,
    Last edited by gb10; 07-07-2020 at 06:50 AM.

User Info Menu

Hi, the fingerboard was rosewood iirc. Obviously I've not seen your guitar but there might be a couple of explainations. It could be dirt/grime/rosewood dust (from when it was originally constructed) that when cleaned up comes out on the cloth. Probably unlikely due to it's age but you never know, maybe it's never had a good lemon oiling? It also could be a section of the fingerboard that had a blemish that was stained down to stop it shouting? Again, unlikely but you never know. Maybe it was stained by a previous owner?
    I probably sold more Peerless guitars than anyone at one point and although I wouldn't say I'm an expert (the internet is already full of those right?) I've seen a lot, worked on a lot and never came across a stained fingerboard.

User Info Menu

i rubbed the last fret ..no grim -dirt on last fret..and the rag always goes brown..its not dirt.
    I have seen monarchs with rosewood grain boards like the taipiece, and others like mine with black board..well, its not ebony.
    My peerless cremona had real ebony...

you are the guy from Foulds music?

User Info Menu

A couple of years ago yes...