Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Hi, I hope in the right sub-forum. I don't post too often, but lurk almost every day. Does anyone one know what make of hollow body JM is playing in this picture? I haven't seen it before and haven't uncovered any info about him playing a hollow during this era. Thanks.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That’s a Gibson Howard Roberts.

London Jazz Guitar Society:
    www.meetup.com/londonjazzguitarsociety
    LJGS on Twitter: www.twitter.com/LDNJazzGuitar

User Info Menu

I was thinking a 175T - but they weren't made until 1976 and had two pickups.
    Have no secrets, hear no lies.

Thanks. Looks very nice. How do the forumites feel about the Gibson HR?

User Info Menu

That's a Gibson Howard Roberts Custom model from the Norlin Era Gibson company. Taj Mahal also used the same guitar for quite awhile.

While I'm influenced by great musicians as well as their choice in instruments. The Gibson or Epiphone HR models never really spoke to me personally. But it's a very well made instrument and it's the Magician not the Wand ultimately in the end.

User Info Menu

The Norlin era Gibson HR Custom is a very good jazz guitar. I prefer it to the Norlin era ES 175 of the period.

User Info Menu

Or to most other Norlin Era offerings as well, LOL!

Thanks for all the responses. I'm looking into my first hollow body and I'm attracted to this one. And so the search begins!

User Info Menu

Epiphone had one too, if your wallet is a bit thin.
    -- Isn't it crazy that "archtop" and "luthier" are spelling errors on this forum?