The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12
    This weekend I am proud to be traveling to California for my son Jeremy's graduation from UC Santa Cruz. He is graduating with a computer science degree and will be working for Facebook. I have twins (Jeremy and Jason) They both play guitar so what better gifts than birth year heritage guitars. I got them almost birthday guitars.
    One guitar Born June 6, 1989, One was Born June 7th, 1989. They were born June 8th, 1989 Proud of them both .

Birth Year Guitars, Best present ever? (Heritage Content)-birth150back-jpgBirth Year Guitars, Best present ever? (Heritage Content)-birth150front-jpg
    Last edited by rhoadsscholar; 06-11-2019 at 08:17 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhoadsscholar
    This weekend I am proud to be traveling to California for my son Jeremy's graduation from UC Santa Cruz. He is graduating with a computer science degree and will be working for Facebook. I have twins (Jeremy and Jason) They both play guitar so what better gifts than birth year heritage guitars. I got them almost birthday guitars.
    One guitar Born June 6, 1989, One was Born June 7th, 1989. They were born June 8th, 1989 Proud of them both .

Birth Year Guitars, Best present ever? (Heritage Content)-birth150back-jpgBirth Year Guitars, Best present ever? (Heritage Content)-birth150front-jpg
    Awesome.

User Info Menu

that's cool. Makes me wish I waited two years to buy my nice guitar.

User Info Menu

Very cool, in all respects.

User Info Menu

Great presents.

User Info Menu

Congratulations to all of you, rhoadsscholar, on your successes.

Nice fiddles, too!

User Info Menu

Sweet Bob !!! Really nice. My birthday is June 25. Will you be my dad

User Info Menu

Congratulations! You might consider getting a little something for yourself to commemorate the occasion.

This public service message is brought to you by Enablers R Us.

User Info Menu

I happen to be born May 30th (Memorial day) 1954. On my 40th birthday, I bought my first pair of reading glasses...as as consolation, I bought myself a new 40th Anniversary American Strat.

I told my parents that our retirements would be so much sweeter if they had just bought a couple of Strats on the day I was born and put them in the closet.

My dad told me as a little kid that all the Memorial Day flags and parades were in honor of my birthday--I discovered in my 20's he was kidding me. He did share that I was born between two games of a double header between the Cardinals and the Twins so he didn't have to miss any baseball on the radio.

Very cool gifts!
    Last edited by Onlyserious; 06-11-2019 at 06:44 PM.

User Info Menu

That's awesome. I'm particularly impressed by how close the birthdays are between the guitars and your boys.

My son turns 21 in July. I've been a longtime watch nerd as well as guitar passionista. He doesn't play guitar but did grow up following my watch passion. My partner and I will similarly be surprising him, but with an Omega chronograph in place of a guitar. I can't wait.

You should be incredibly proud of your boys. Fantastic graduation presents, and thanks for sharing this with us.

User Info Menu

Great idea, and I'm sure they'll be treasured.
    For myself, I've bought vintage wines for my 50th birthday in 2005 and 60th in 2015 - but my dream would be a 1955 L5 and Bassman from 1955 for my 65th next year. I suspect it won't happen.....

User Info Menu

As a twin I can say I never got anything like that!
    FB is supposed to be a great place to work BTW!