The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

Looks interesting. The cobra is removable. Sweetwater has better pictures than the Epiphone site.

Access to this page has been denied.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have an ES-125T and have owned a Sorrento and an ES-120T.

Of course I think this is a good idea!

Thanks for posting.

User Info Menu

What's with 2 access panels on the backside of a hollowbody? Oh yeah, easier for 12 year old Chinese kids to wire them....maybe they'll start putting them on Epi 175 to knock down assembly costs...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo
    What's with 2 access panels on the backside of a hollowbody? Oh yeah, easier for 12 year old Chinese kids to wire them....maybe they'll start putting them on Epi 175 to knock down assembly costs...
    This is a US-made Gibson ES 333. At this moment, I wish my 335 would have an access panel so I could clean the scratchy old pots in a minute, rather than a week.

User Info Menu

If they make it in sunburst I'll bite!

The guitar on the sweetwater site apparently has the cobra removed already (much better, but I'm not a fan of white guitars).

If the nut-width is really 1.57" as the Epiphone-sites states, then this very narrow and probably a no-no to a lot. (Even if it's string-distance at the nut it is on the narrow site).
    Last edited by Little Jay; 06-11-2019 at 09:41 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JCat
    This is a US-made Gibson ES 333. At this moment, I wish my 335 would have an access panel so I could clean the scratchy old pots in a minute, rather than a week.

I consider semihollow and hollowbody to be two entirly different creatures.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo
    I consider semihollow and hollowbody to be two entirly different creatures.
    Indeed, still the expensive semis don't get an access plate. The 333 is a budget alternative, just like the Epiphone brand of today. I've been around long enough to know that most designs decisions are made to get into a target price segment. The funny thing is that from a performance perspective, sometimes the less expensive solutions are better and there are countless of examples of this fact when looking at the historic line up of the major manufacturers.

I love my Gibsons and I respect the traditions, unfortunately they don't make hollowbodies anymore. I think it's great that Epiphone does.

(I bet someone is going to remove that access plate and claim better acoustic projection .... If the top is laminated and routed for more than one pickup, accoustics was never the prime objective.)

User Info Menu

The back access plate on my ES-333 probably helped keeping labour cost down (I paid around $1300 with a pair of classic 57s already installed, which is less than half of what a 335 costs nowadays). And I am very happy for that! It has absolutely no influence on the sound in my opinion and I have done many a comparison with 335s.

Sometimes budget-solutions truly work out to the benefit of both guitar and buyers.... but apparently not to the manifacturerer because the 333 was quickly discontinued. Rumour goes because it threatened the 335 sales.....

User Info Menu

Indeed, still the expensive semis don't get an access plate.
    The exception that comes to mind is the Lucille.

There is a Heritage semi-hollow with no f holes and no back plate on Reverb. Talk about inconvenience when working on the harness!

Heritage H-155M Ultra Tiger Top No F-hole | Reverb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass
    The exception that comes to mind is the Lucille.

There is a Heritage semi-hollow with no f holes and no back plate on Reverb. Talk about inconvenience when working on the harness!

Heritage H-155M Ultra Tiger Top No F-hole | Reverb
    A perpetual oyster? When it's due for maintenance they'll send it to Switzerland and charge you in sweitzer franc.

User Info Menu

A perpetual oyster? When it's due for maintenance they'll send it to Switzerland and charge you in sweitzer franc.
    You work thru the pickup cavities!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    You work thru the pickup cavities!
    A perpetual oyster dentist guitar

User Info Menu

Could never play a white guitar, they show blood so easily.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Could never play a white guitar, they show blood so easily.
    That's the point. I've seen Jack White bloody several guitars with his intense playing. Bleeding on a cherry guitar would be like peeing your pants in the rain. What's the point if no one can tell?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass
    .... Bleeding on a cherry guitar would be like peeing your pants in the rain. What's the point if no one can tell?
    Yeah !

That's rock'n'roll !

User Info Menu

Couple months ago with GT actually gigging this Epiphone. Sounds good.

User Info Menu

Here's that bloody guitar solo.