The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

Capitol Chambers | UAD Audio Plugins | Universal Audio

>>>>Located below the iconic Capitol Tower in Los Angeles, Capitol Studios is arguably the most recognized studio in the world — and much of its legend can be traced to its hallowed, subterranean echo chambers. From Ray Charles to Frank Sinatra, Beck to Muse, these underground spaces continue to provide gorgeous hi-fi ambience that is simply unmatched.

Now, after years of R&D and close collaboration with Capitol Studios — including unprecedented access to four legendary echo chambers 30-feet beneath the studio — Universal Audio proudly presents the Capitol Chambers plug-in, a startling end-to-end recreation of the most popular echo chambers ever created, exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces.<<<<<<
    Last edited by MarkRhodes; 05-22-2019 at 10:29 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Columbia studios???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo
    Columbia studios???
    Doh!

Sorry about that.

User Info Menu

yeah funny...but capitol studios reverb chambers are legendary...know folks that recorded there...were blown away by the chambers!

& bensons breakthrough lp- breezin- cut there

cheers

ps- did you know that the blinking light atop the classic capitol records building in los angeles...is morse code for -hollywood!!...1956 tech!!...the chambers tho!

pss- have an old alesis wedge that actually had capitol chamber programmed into it as preset!!!!...its been a known commodity for years!!

User Info Menu

I knew about the echo chamber in the Nation's Capital, but not about the echo chamber in Capital Records...

Sorry, too obvious to resist. Back to your regular programming...

User Info Menu

Measure the dimensions of the rooms. Use the EQ curves from classic mics. Make a digital reverb based on algorithms. For $349 I'll pass.

User Info Menu

Look... I was a recording engineer in Chicago for years, and once you put that vocal in the mix, you’re not going to be able to appreciate (hear) the subtle nuances of a particular reverb chamber. On the other hand, it’s a lot of mystic mojo for $349.

User Info Menu

UAD make some of the best plugins on the market... And yeah, in a mix, the common man won't know the differenct, but it's another great tool for the creative proccess when producing and mixing to be able to think "oh, we should have a verb like THAT" and not waste any time - nothing is better for flow than minimal time spent on executing ideas; that's why I got the floor unit with the touchscreen

User Info Menu

Interesting;

"One of Capitol Studios most unusual and coveted assets are the eight subterranean echo chambers. Located 30 feet underground, the trapezoidal rooms can be accessed by the studios and mastering rooms to add rich reverberation to a vocal. Each of the chambers have thick concrete walls and ceilings. Sound from the studio is sent to speakers in the echo chambers, which is then picked up by microphones and returned to the recording media. With speakers on one side and microphones on the other, the chambers can provide reverberation lasting up to 5 seconds."

User Info Menu

Another legacy of Les Paul.

User Info Menu

For $50 less, here's an chamber echo reverb you can take to the gig. EL PESCADORO™ Reverberant Hot Preamp – The Nocturne Brain

User Info Menu

Take a look...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo
    Another legacy of Les Paul.
    yes sir...read-

(good stuff for those that like it)

The Secret of that Capitol Studios Sound. | A Continuous Lean.

cheers

User Info Menu

I have it, it’s pretty damn amazing. I’m a total reverb snob, I’ve had like 3 plates, studio spring units, really great stuff. I’m very content working with the uad FX instead.

It’s ironic that people on gear forums complain about their prices. Uad Capital chambers runs like $350 in a special where you get a few other plugins with it. That’s absurdly cheap compared to similar quality hardware units.

User Info Menu

Snake oil

[the "capitol" part, not the sound]