I really love the RC Boost II. Beautiful sounding boost. Completely transparent and has a secondary gain boost footswitch that allows it to double as an overdrive. I took my wampler euphoria off my pedalboard after getting this. It's way more natural sounding for boost and overdrive than anything else I've played through.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Well I'm a lurker here but saw this post and felt compelled to chime in. I've been using this pedal for 8 months now and concur that it's truly outstanding. I've tried many, many boost and 'transparent' overdrives but this one is the clear winner for me. Hard to turn it off once it's on! And having that second channel is a major bonus. I believe this pedal was R&D'd by Scott Henderson who like Jack obviously has great ears.

User Info Menu

Not the same as the RC V2, but I have the Xotic Oz Noy RC AC pedal which is one pedal that contains two of their staples that you can use separately or stack the RC into the AC with separate EQ and volume controls. The RC is great clean boost that is "always on" for me. It doesn't change the sound radically but does make the signal just sound better.

User Info Menu

Yo Jack,

I've been a fan of the many reviews of gear you've done over the years. As you've recently posted a couple of public performances, would you mind sharing what is currently on your pedal board? And maybe your current amp rig? Thanks! (BTW, I own your SOS books and think they are da bomb!)

Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by picodogg View Post
    Not the same as the RC V2, but I have the Xotic Oz Noy RC AC pedal which is one pedal that contains two of their staples that you can use separately or stack the RC into the AC with separate EQ and volume controls. The RC is great clean boost that is "always on" for me. It doesn't change the sound radically but does make the signal just sound better.
    That sounds pretty cool. One thing getting this RC did for me was to kick my wampler euphoria off my board. The boost channel on the RC V2 sounds better than the wampler and more natural and amp-like. I realize that for my style, I don't really need that "talk to your daughter" tone anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyserious View Post
    Yo Jack,
    I've been a fan of the many reviews of gear you've done over the years. As you've recently posted a couple of public performances, would you mind sharing what is currently on your pedal board? And maybe your current amp rig? Thanks! (BTW, I own your SOS books and think they are da bomb!)

Samuel
    Thanks for the kind words!

The earlier ones were recorded with JMP-1 preamp going into a boogie 50/50 power amp and a pair of open back cabs with EV12Ls in them. The more recent ones were recorded with a fractal AX8 setup. I've since switched back to analog amps and effects though. One of the more recent clips was done with the DV GH250 going through a quilter 1x12 with Celestion G12H-75 speaker. I love the celestion but when it gets loud, it mushes out. With my trio it's just at the threshold where it starts to not sound good unless i pair it with a 2nd one but for rehearsals i never take the 2nd cab...I just bought a RE Twin 8 Tower though so I will be transitioning to that. I think that should solve the problem. It weighs about what the 1x12 weighs. I also have been using the quilter OD200 and actually prefer that to the DV mark but it doesn't have reverb.

And my #1 and #2 amps are a fargen blackbird and a morgan RCA35R (both heads). They sound amazing but can get a little edgy with the trio at loud volumes. I'll often run one or the other in stereo with the quilter.

I recently narrowed my pedalboard down to ventris reverb, EQD Aqueduct and the RC Boost V2. If I use the quilter, I'll take an EQ pedal as well. And I have an aquavibe , gagnon wah and carbon copy delay but I'm usually too lazy to take them