Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 101 to 108 of 108

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jjang1993
    Does anyone know if this amp head has universal voltage? Like does it have the 100-240V indicator letting you know if it can be used in the US and EU?
    I just looked at one. It says 220-240V but 50/60Hz on the back. I know they exist in USA.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The user manual quotes 2 ranges for voltage, one for US and Canada and another for elsewhere. Looks to me like there is a North American model and a different model for elsewhere, and that the “elsewhere” model will not work in the US without a step-up transformer......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jjang1993
    Does anyone know if this amp head has universal voltage? Like does it have the 100-240V indicator letting you know if it can be used in the US and EU?
    I do not see a switch that would allow one to select voltages, unlike, for example my DV Mark unit.

User Info Menu

I had to join the wagon last autumn but forgot to write about it. The price and all the praise made me buy one too. The first notes made me grin – all knobs noon and I was in the classic warm Polytoneland!

I played with it some weeks and enjoyed but finally I missed the reverb too much. I don’t like pedals with my jazz rig and the thought about stuffing a DIY digital reverb inside it went thru my brain, but eventually I realised that my Quilter TB202 takes me to the warm classic jazz sounds with the reverb AND to other sounding landscapes too. BAM sounds great in jazz but for me it was too much a one trick pony, so I sold it. (For a bass player...)

But when TC adds a reverb to it, the GAS might start again...

User Info Menu

I thought of running it with a Flyrig, but it’s twice the cost of the BAM.

User Info Menu

I've played many gigs with the BAM. The warm tone kinda offsets the lack of reverb. However, I'm not addressing discerning, critical audiences. Today, with many brands actually being parts of bigger concerns (VOX = Korg, Trace-Elliot = Peavey, TC Electronic = Behringer etc.), it's difficult to engage in a dialogue with a manufacturer, no matter how good you ideas might be. I've made proposals to Gallien-Krueger and Fender about tweaking their 200W bass amps into jazz guitar amps by simply removing something bass-specific and adding a reverb. No response. Haven't found a channel to VOX or TC Electronic. But keep your senses awake on April 26 U.S. time - something potentially important TBA.

User Info Menu

I’ll be using a BAM and a FlyRig for Fridays album launch (along with a TOOB Metro for monitoring.)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gitterbug
    i've played many gigs with the bam. The warm tone kinda offsets the lack of reverb. However, i'm not addressing discerning, critical audiences. Today, with many brands actually being parts of bigger concerns (vox = korg, trace-elliot = peavey, tc electronic = behringer etc.), it's difficult to engage in a dialogue with a manufacturer, no matter how good you ideas might be. I've made proposals to gallien-krueger and fender about tweaking their 200w bass amps into jazz guitar amps by simply removing something bass-specific and adding a reverb. No response. Haven't found a channel to vox or tc electronic. But keep your senses awake on april 26 u.s. Time - something potentially important tba.
    ooooo