The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

I'm a sucker for the P90 sound. The treble should have been rolled off a bit.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

MG is an acronym for More Gas. Thanks?

User Info Menu

I like Eastmans in general and this just confirms my gas for a T59, but I'm not buying another one until they make it in blonde.

User Info Menu

Rich is a really nice player. The recordings weren't great and his mind seems more on the demo than the playing but there were still some licks in there that tell you just how good a player he really is. I was shocked at how good the Eastman sounded. That was probably my favorite of the bunch followed by the H525.

User Info Menu

The H525, IMO, was the class act of the comparison. Seemed like Rich dug it more, too. He was all over it.

User Info Menu

I have learned a lot from Rich's courses. He also does a very good job of teaching tunes.

He's a solid player, from what I've seen. He really stands out as an internet teacher though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    Rich is a really nice player. The recordings weren't great and his mind seems more on the demo than the playing but there were still some licks in there that tell you just how good a player he really is. I was shocked at how good the Eastman sounded. That was probably my favorite of the bunch followed by the H525.
    Last edited by Marty Grass; 05-17-2019 at 08:05 AM.

User Info Menu

I've enjoyed all of Rich's clips that I've viewed. He's a great player.

One thing. He loves that Quilter amp. You can really tell from Rich's clips that the Quilter does the Fender blackface/silverface amp tone to a "tee." It reminds me of when I used to play all my archtops through a Twin Reverb I had around the house (later on, a blackface Showman). Ultimately, though, I migrated back to tweed Fenders and my old, reliable Polytones.

User Info Menu

Nice demo by Rich. That Eastman sounded great!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    The H525.
    ^ yes

User Info Menu

Nice, easy going demo of 4 great thinline guitars. I dug the H525 the most, but also enjoyed the ES345. The Heritage H535 was an older model with Schaller pickups and that bulky bridge/tailpiece set up. Yuk! A newer model with Seths would have given the others a run for the money.

User Info Menu

I liked them all, but that 525...shiiiiiiit.

User Info Menu

I like thinlines, but semis not so much. I prefer fully hollow, but there aren't that many made, because most players seem to prefer semis or full-depth hollows. I have an Eastman T145 that's 1.75" thick and weighs under 5 pounds, and sounds great. It's very loud acoustically, although the bass response is somewhat limited. I like the sound of big archtops, but they're uncomfortable for me to play.

User Info Menu

I liked the Eastman more before he played the Heritage. The Eastman sounds more thin and airy, not necessarily "tinny". Some people might prefer that. I heard the same difference in a comparison video of a Gibson 335 and an Eastman T386. It's not a bad difference, but definitely a diffrence. I think maybe a set of Burstbuckers would close the gap. That guy knows how to do a good demo.

At an even lower price range, I've seen another Chinese guitar mentioned, the Hagstrom Viking. Anyone ever played one?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by strumcat
    At an even lower price range, I've seen another Chinese guitar mentioned, the Hagstrom Viking. Anyone ever played one?
    Yup, I did, it played and sounded great.