The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12
    So I have been searching for a all solid acoustic for some time now . I found a Mexican made Martin I liked a lot, but my friend sent me pictures of his old Taylor. He had for sale he wanted originally wanted $2500 for it . Then he it went to $2000 . I was supposed to pick it up earlier this month but income tax was not kind . I got two more weeks till I have all the cash but it will be coming with me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Happy almost NGD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzstdnt
    Happy almost NGD.
    I was jumpy all day

User Info Menu

I have that guitar. Maybe a 2002. But it is a guitar I don't like to stop playing!

I played three at Sam Ash before choosing this one. Subtle but there were differences. I had heard a woman playing one there, some sweet acoustic finger picking with articulation, and I said, "I want to sound like that!"

It's a loud guitar, or...a sweet and singing voice, with sustain, or just a ballsy get-it-done acoustic. But always sounds great indoors or out. It has a nice lower mid thump and a sweet top end. Been using Elixir strings because that's what came with it. I tried other brands, but haven't found a good replacement?

Enjoy.

User Info Menu

Long time ago I had a 710 and loved it. Love Taylors Congrats on the new guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Mack
    I have that guitar. Maybe a 2002. But it is a guitar I don't like to stop playing!

I played three at Sam Ash before choosing this one. Subtle but there were differences. I had heard a woman playing one there, some sweet acoustic finger picking with articulation, and I said, "I want to sound like that!"

It's a loud guitar, or...a sweet and singing voice, with sustain, or just a ballsy get-it-done acoustic. But always sounds great indoors or out. It has a nice lower mid thump and a sweet top end. Been using Elixir strings because that's what came with it. I tried other brands, but haven't found a good replacement?

Enjoy.
    I shall enjoy

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vashondan
    Long time ago I had a 710 and loved it. Love Taylors Congrats on the new guitar.
    Thanks. It will be a bit of a uprade from my seagull

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silvertonebetty
    Thanks. It will be a bit of a uprade from my seagull

Rosewood back and sides right?

Quote Originally Posted by vashondan
    Rosewood back and sides right?

Yup

User Info Menu

Grats on the guitar, they really sound good these old taylors. I also have an 810 from around that era, a bit beat up but great sounding and playing. Funny thing i have a dreadnought and a grand concert body taylor, when what i really would like is the in-between size, auditorium i think it's called! But.. lefthanded!

1997 Taylor 810-taylors-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Alter
    Grats on the guitar, they really sound good these old taylors. I also have an 810 from around that era, a bit beat up but great sounding and playing. Funny thing i have a dreadnought and a grand concert body taylor, when what i really would like is the in-between size, auditorium i think it's called! But.. lefthanded!

1997 Taylor 810-taylors-jpg
    Beat up or loved

One more week. Ooooo