The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 24 of 24

User Info Menu

This guitar is not mentioned on the Emerald website so I don't have any more details. I think it's really interesting and certainly well played.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

There was a thread about these a while ago, with the "unveiling" video:

Carbon fiber archtop

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    There was a thread about these a while ago, with the "unveiling" video:

Carbon fiber archtop
    And, see here:

New Emerald Carbon Fiber Archtop - The Acoustic Guitar Forum

User Info Menu

And here's a cool video:

User Info Menu

I enquired about the archtop on Emerald Guitars FB page, and was told ' Look out for an announcement/more info in May'.

User Info Menu

From the video I'm not that enamoured by it's tone. But in fairness hard to tell by the audio of any video. Sounds a bit brighter than I prefer and lacks the woodiness that a great sounding Archtop guitar is associated with.
    Nice that it probably could double as a canoe paddle and probably wouldn't affect it.s playability at all.

User Info Menu

I have researching these guitar model. For the X10 model you can get 3 progressive levels of amplified options. The first base level is string saddle pickups. Then the second level adds a Krivo humbucker at the neck. Passive assume. The third level is a midi control.

So an archtop guitar model with the Krivo humbucker would be extremely interesting!! BTW never heard of the Krivo pickups before, but trying to learn more about them.

Quote Originally Posted by bananafist
    I enquired about the archtop on Emerald Guitars FB page, and was told ' Look out for an announcement/more info in May'.

User Info Menu

It appears that this model has a humbucker. My guess thr Krivo thinline model.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    This guitar is not mentioned on the Emerald website so I don't have any more details. I think it's really interesting and certainly well played.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    It appears that this model has a humbucker. My guess thr Krivo thinline model.
    As a company they seem to be really committed to Krivo but they don't have any detail that I could find on which Krivo or whether it is a custom model designed for them.
    Last edited by Jim Soloway; 04-26-2019 at 11:24 AM.

User Info Menu

I don't see any vol control on the guitar, unless I am missing it.

User Info Menu

I don't see any vol control on the guitar, unless I am missing it.
    It's possible that it's on the upper rim. That's where the controls are on their acoustics.

User Info Menu

Jim
    Krivo has a presence on Reverb. I sent them an email last night asking the same question.
    As a company they seem to be really committed to Krivo but they don't have any detail that I could find on which Krivo or whether it is a custom model designed for them.

User Info Menu

I believe you are correct.
    It's possible that it's on the upper rim. That's where the controls are on their acoustics.

User Info Menu

Here are some specs I just got from them. They're taking advance orders now but it's probably too big for me. I'm going to stick with my original plan and order an X7 with level 2 electronics (and their adding a tone control for the Krivo).

Upper Bout 12”
    Lower Bout 17”
    Depth 3 ½”
    Scale Length 25 ½”
    Nut Width 1 ¾”
    Pickup Krivo Universal Mini Humbucker Pick Up

User Info Menu

Arrggg, if it's that placement on the lower bout near your pec/armpit, I hate that. I used an Ovation with that for a while and it was horrible. Nearly impossible to reach to make quick adjustments while performing. And you often accidentally bump/move them with your body or a loose shirt. I much prefer the upper bout rim. Perfect angle & distance to quickly pivot to with your right arm without missing a beat.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    Jim
    Krivo has a presence on Reverb. I sent them an email last night asking the same question.
    I'm sure Jason will respond. Good guy, makes very cool pickups. He was a big help in picking the right one for my "Django" guitar, couldn't be happier with it.

User Info Menu

Arrggg, if it's that placement on the lower bout near your pec/armpit, I hate that. I used an Ovation with that for a while and it was horrible. Nearly impossible to reach to make quick adjustments while performing. And you often accidentally bump/move them with your body or a loose shirt. I much prefer the upper bout rim. Perfect angle & distance to quickly pivot to with your right arm without missing a beat.
    We're really just guessing at this point so I wouldn't put too much into our speculation. It should probably also be noted that this is prototype we're looking at. If you want details from someone who can give you real answers, email chloe@emeraldguitars.com.

User Info Menu

Here are some specs I just got from them. They're taking advance orders now but it's probably too big for me. I'm going to stick with my original plan and order an X7 with level 2 electronics (and their adding a tone control for the Krivo)
    Jim, this might be "up your alley." Long scale.

Emerald X20 Artisan Baritone 2015 Amber | My Guitars | Reverb

User Info Menu

Jim, this might be "up your alley." Long scale.

Emerald X20 Artisan Baritone 2015 Amber | My Guitars | Reverb
    I'm in the process of ordering a custom X7 with the level 2 electronics right now. If it works out right I may talk to them about a 27" version of the X10. I really like the idea of 14.75" body, and I REALLY like the idea of Krivo humbucker integrated into the electronics.

What colour?

Edit:
    I listened to some vids and like the nylon string versions I heard.
    Last edited by child as audience; 04-26-2019 at 07:59 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by child as audience
    What colour?

Edit:
    I listened to some vids and like the nylon string versions I heard.
    Blue. It's a 24" scale length and I've wanted a short scale guitar for a while. The theory is that I should be able to get the really low string tension that I like but in standard pitch. I really like what they've done to the neck joint as well. It allows them to use a 12 fret to the body design for a shorter overall length but still offer really good upper fret access. Now I have about three or four months to wonder while it's being built.

User Info Menu

It's a 24" scale length and I've wanted a short scale guitar for a while.

I'm surprised. You've been a champion of the 27" scale.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass
    I'm surprised. You've been a champion of the 27" scale.
    I've played scale lengths ranging from 22.5" to 28.5" and I believe there's a function for everything. There's a good chance that there will be another 27" guitar in my not too distant future. Ideally, that would give me a 24", a 25.5 and a 27" and each would play a different role for me.

User Info Menu

FWIW I love 24” scale length and have two guitars with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro