Likes Likes:  0

User Info Menu

-- Isn't it crazy that "archtop" and "luthier" are spelling errors on this forum?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Price looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bach5G View Post
    Price looks good.
    Yes, but remember that Carvin charges for shipping, unlike the big online retailers that usually don't.
    -- Isn't it crazy that "archtop" and "luthier" are spelling errors on this forum?

User Info Menu

This could be a better alternative to some of the other single channel wireless fob-thingies for multiple player ensembles. Bass on one channel, guitar on another, keyboards on another... They don't list the latency, however. I bet that it is probably pretty low though.

User Info Menu

I’ve often thought a wireless would be handy for walking around a room for sound check. But with a magnetic pickup, the impedance of the instrument cable and (to a lesser extent) the input of the preamp affect the pickup’s frequency response. The transmitter would basically be acting as a buffer, decoupling anything that comes after it from the pickup. If you prefer the tone of you guitar with a certain cable, you’d need to have the transmitter plugged in after the cable, which might make the walking around idea a little awkward!

For an instrument with an active (powered) pickup or preamp this wouldn’t be an issue, as your signal is already buffered.

I haven’t tried this, I’m just speculating based on some knowledge of circuits.

User Info Menu

It's very easy to walk around and check the sound, by going out into where the audience is, without a cable. I prefer the sound of the wireless without a cable, by far, because it has more dynamics and doesn't cut any frequencies. If I want that done, it's easy enough to do at the amp. I haven't used a cable in a long time, and I hope I never need to again. I don't have this model, so I can't say much about it. I use the Line6 G10, and I like it because it works as a DI with both 1/4" and XLR outputs. If there's a PA, it's easy to just carry the G10 and nothing else. I don't think I want any of the models that just have 1/4" plugs, because I don't see a way to use them without an amp, and certainly not with XLR cables. But if you always use an amp, they should work okay.