The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 40

User Info Menu

Calton Cases nailed this custom color...i'm a fan of their work for sure.

Last edited by maplebaby; 02-25-2020 at 12:33 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Is it yours?

User Info Menu

Great color. I'm a big fan of being able to tell my guitar from everyone else's at a glance. I have one of the old Caltons and used it for regular air travel for years. Weighs a ton but that thing held up through all sorts of gorilla airport luggage handlers. Saw them toss it about 15 ft once (I was watching from the plane). The guy missed the luggage cart and it hit the tarmac. Case had lots of new scratches but the guitar was fine (though I didn't know that until arrival when I could check it). On mine I still needed to pad the headstock with socks or something but the case has always been good to go. Of course, mine is so heavy that I rarely use it now, but it's still a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Is it yours?
    yes sir...sorry i didn't make that clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook410
    Great color. I'm a big fan of being able to tell my guitar from everyone else's at a glance. I have one of the old Caltons and used it for regular air travel for years. Weighs a ton but that thing held up through all sorts of gorilla airport luggage handlers. Saw them toss it about 15 ft once (I was watching from the plane). The guy missed the luggage cart and it hit the tarmac. Case had lots of new scratches but the guitar was fine (though I didn't know that until arrival when I could check it). On mine I still needed to pad the headstock with socks or something but the case has always been good to go. Of course, mine is so heavy that I rarely use it now, but it's still a rock.
    thanks for taking time to check out this thread...really enjoyed reading about some of your Calton story!

your friend,
    dale

User Info Menu

How much do these run$?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    How much do these run$?
    Just do a Reverb query.

"calton case" Gear | Reverb

Looks like around $1200 depending on the model.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Just do a Reverb query.

"calton case" Gear | Reverb

Looks like around $1200 depending on the model.
    Gads, that would make selling my Aria Herb Ellis in its Calton case a nightmare. The case is worth more than the git!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI
    Gads, that would make selling my Aria Herb Ellis in its Calton case a nightmare. The case is worth more than the git!
    Yup, that is the 'case' with many guitars.

User Info Menu

Very nice color. Really stands out. Should attract thieves wherever it's seen.

User Info Menu

Boy that must have felt like a looong flight.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo
    Take the case...And toss out the Taylor*.

*Sorry, Dale, lame joke; so not a Taylor fan.

three examples of Calton's splatter finish...

User Info Menu

I used to do the socks around the headstock thing with my Calton as well. I was on tour in Portland and luthier (and terrific guitar player) Mike Doolin cut a few triangles of foam and glued them in for me, a much better solution, especially if the TSA is going to be opening and repacking your case (hope for the closet, plan for the conveyor belt is my Airport motto....) I don't know why Calton doesn't secure the headstock like this as part of their design, I have a Hoffee that does.

. Sonic Blue Calton Case-case-headstock-jpg

Red Calton Case with granite finish option...

User Info Menu

I have an old Calton case too. Heavy but built like a tank.

Are the newer cases lighter in weight?

Quote Originally Posted by archtopeddy
    I have an old Calton case too. Heavy but built like a tank.

Are the newer cases lighter in weight?
    Great to hear about your case..I think they are a bit more streamlined and maybe a bit lighter as well...but i don't think i would say they are light weight either.

a couple of CC in white, one with their granite finish option...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo
    You crack me up CG.

Yellow Granite CC with Collings I30LC..

User Info Menu

BTW sonic blue is just blue with white added to taste, until the desired shade of sonic blue is reached. In case you want to re-paint your stratocasters or guitar cases or something.

User Info Menu

Reliced black finish would be my preference.
    Tweed luggage with stripes would be hilarious, but I doubt that Calton is into ironic guitar cases.
    Last edited by Hammertone; 10-16-2020 at 06:39 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by maplebaby
    thanks for taking time to check out this thread...really enjoyed reading about some of your Calton story!

your friend,
    dale
    Are you Dale from Calton's hardware department?

Quote Originally Posted by customxke
    Are you Dale from Calton's hardware department?
    I am not, I'm in no way affiliated with Calton Cases just a huge fan.

Calton Case orange splatter...