The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 36 of 36

User Info Menu

55Bar
    That thing is beautiful! Somebody had that stashed in a closet for many decades! It is so pristine! I like the shape and shading of the sunburst on the back.

And BigMike - did you just get that? I remember your '57 with the two P-90's, but I haven't seen this purdy blonde single pup!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yes it was in the For Sale section here and I closed via Reverb
    Cant wait

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by takauya
    I can hear Jim Hall from the pic. Gibson needs to borrow yours and start making replicas.
    Congrats!
    That '54 is really cool!
    Gibson did indeed make a '54 Reissue Es-175D in 2015,but they supposedly only made 50. I had the good fortune to be able to buy one brand new that got lost in the Gibson warehouse.
    I think it is fabulous, but I have no idea how it compares to the originals as I've never played a vintage one. They were made to basically the same specs as the 1959 reissue ES-175s (VOS, hide glue, etc), so I expect it to be similar in how good it is.
    I'm sure the originals are amazing.

User Info Menu

I played one on a gig once. It was well good.

User Info Menu

Yeah my ‘57 is great. But I really wanted one with fewer hole and less iron on it The ‘53 I got will fill the bill.

1953 Gibson ES-175-869f61ed-0eec-4210-a4fc-d1b11a8a4855-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Easy2grasp
    55Bar
    That thing is beautiful! Somebody had that stashed in a closet for many decades! It is so pristine! I like the shape and shading of the sunburst on the back.

And BigMike - did you just get that? I remember your '57 with the two P-90's, but I haven't seen this purdy blonde single pup!

User Info Menu

55bar and BigMike,
    Nice guitars you guys . Your making me want a 175.

User Info Menu

Big - that blonde '53 single pup will feel like it's filled with helium compared to the one with that Bixby boat anchor! Both are beautiful in their own right!

I bet 55bar's and yours come in at about 6 lbs.

User Info Menu

?Check this out, COSTCO called me today, my hearing aids are in and I go Tuesday afternoon for the custom fitting and run through/adjustments. IMAGINE how this '53 will sound unplugged to a guy with an 80% hearing loss corrected with the hearing aids ??? I hope I sleep tonight... Can't wait...

Big

INCOMING: NuSound Vida

Quote Originally Posted by Easy2grasp
    Big - that blonde '53 single pup will feel like it's filled with helium compared to the one with that Bixby boat anchor! Both are beautiful in their own right!

I bet 55bar's and yours come in at about 6 lbs.

User Info Menu

And don't take anything away from that '57... Trust me that sweetheart is a great soul or rock guitar. Really nice... I love blending the two pickups: middle setting but with the bridge pickup tuned in just enough it's not all muddy...

Big

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeinNJ
    ?Check this out, COSTCO called me today, my hearing aids are in and I go Tuesday afternoon for the custom fitting and run through/adjustments. IMAGINE how this '53 will sound unplugged to a guy with an 80% hearing loss corrected with the hearing aids ??? I hope I sleep tonight... Can't wait...

Big

INCOMING: NuSound Vida
    Great! I've got hearing aides, too. My audiologist programed a special setting in mine for listening to music, the setting she set up for conversation was too tinny with music. I also have a setting for watching TV so I don't blast normal hearing peeps out of the room. In the meantime,

These are my jewels...
    1956 with P90 pup once belonged to Rulon Mecham, a prospector and entertainer
    1956 modified with Schaller tuners, Van Eps damper, and Kent Armstrong pup, once belonged to Tommy Tedesco
    1964 modified 25 1/2 in scale neck and pick up location, once belonged to Billy Bean
    1957N with paf pup, inhabited by a genie named Kalamazoo
    1953 Gibson ES-175-fullsizeoutput_7d8-jpg

User Info Menu

That's a very impressive stable you have there... wow

I have the ReSound VIDA which has an app I control the hearing aids from. And yeah it has an EQ,
    treble, mid, bass plus all sorts of filters you can select and adjust for like when you're in a restaurant or location with a lot of background noise. These are not my father's hearing aids (he turned his way down most of the time because the "wind noise" he heard in them was irritating. My Mom would tell me, "your father's not listening, he turned off his hearing aids".