The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

I may jump on a Micro 50 ii head that is priced so low it's hard to turn down but I've noticed that it's pretty hard to find a DV sgl foot switch. I've also read a lot of conflicting info on the web if just any old channel switching foot switch from other mgfs will work.

What do you use?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I've got a micro 50 and I just use a generic footswitch my dad had laying around. no idea what it is.

User Info Menu

Any on/off switch should work. I bought a cheapie from GC which worked until I sold the Micro50. I still have the switch, which is gathering dust. I'm not sure why I bought it, because I have a home-made double switch that I made for my Vibrolux Reverb, and I don't use that one either.

User Info Menu

Thx for the info, good to know.

User Info Menu

Well, I had to bump this thread because I already stepped in it on the first purchase. Had a hard time finding anything generic around town so I ordered this:

Basic sgl foot switch by Traynor, and wouldn't you know it... ... plugged it in and.... nothing. Now I have to ship it back and start again.

Any suggestions on exact mfgrs or models that work with DV Mark?

User Info Menu

If the switch doesn't work, it's a problem with the amp or the switch. Any switch that latches off/on will work. A momentary switch won't, though. I bought the cheapest switch GC had, and it has no numbers or anything else on it. I tossed the box long ago, so I can't give you any more info. I can't find anything on the one you pictured, so I don't know anything about it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb300
    Well, I had to bump this thread because I already stepped in it on the first purchase. Had a hard time finding anything generic around town so I ordered this:

Basic sgl foot switch by Traynor, and wouldn't you know it... ... plugged it in and.... nothing. Now I have to ship it back and start again.

Any suggestions on exact mfgrs or models that work with DV Mark?

Ha! Oddly enough I bought the exact same one for a Mesa and it didn't work either. Something to do with the way the LED taps off the circuit so it's never actually on (or off?) all the way. Try to find something without the LED.

Actually, if I remember right I made that one work by clipping an LED lead. Eventually I just bought the one that was made for the amp.

It should just be a dumb on/off switch. You could test that by doing this: in the Mesa manual it says that if you lose or forget the footswitch, you can activate the amp by shorting sleeve to tip. Not sure if that's a great idea with your amp or not....

The fact that it didn't work for you, and didn't for my Mesa makes me think the one I use now should work. Kinda ridiculous price though.

https://store.mesaboogie.com/product...ad-switch.html

It's just a project box, a switch and 2 jacks but I didn't feel like doing it.

User Info Menu

DV MARK | Products | MARKWORLD FOOTSWITCH SINGLE

Markworld Footswitch Single | musicworks | Reverb

Or any old on off footswitch with no bells, whistles or LED's. Like the old Fender ones.

User Info Menu

I have a home-made switch box that also worked. I made it for my Fender VR, using an empty plastic box I had lying around, two cheap switches, and cable/plugs. i needed two, one for reverb and one for tremolo. Either worked when connected to the Micro50.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft
    Actually, if I remember right I made that one work by clipping an LED lead.
    Would you elaborate on this please. It will cost more than it's worth to ship the one I have back so until I find something local that works, I'll try what you did.

Thx

User Info Menu

I just undid 3 screws on one side, slid the black metal bottom out and cut one of the wires coming out of the LED. I don't know which one. I can't imagine it'd matter, but you never know. I'll post a picture of the modded innards tomorrow night. I'm fading fast...

It will kill the LED, if that matters at all.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft
    I just undid 3 screws on one side, slid the black metal bottom out and cut one of the wires coming out of the LED. I don't know which one. I can't imagine it'd matter, but you never know. I'll post a picture of the modded innards tomorrow night. I'm fading fast...

It will kill the LED, if that matters at all.
    No need for the pics, your LED clip method does the trick.

Muchos gracias!

User Info Menu

Excellent!! It's nice to be able to give some advice that works... for a change :)
    Thanks for the awesome thumbs up.