The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think the appropriate response is "Damn!!!!!!!"

Albert

Thanks brother. Always nice when someone replies or clicks like!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    Thanks brother. Always nice when someone replies or clicks like!
    Jack,

Your skills are world class. Hopefully one of these days I catch you in live performance or you release a collection of recorded material - maybe standards with piano/organ, bass, drums; and a second more progressive/modern interpretation of standards and/or original material with a bit of edge. Bottom line - you play with skill and soul and I like it.

All the best,

Albert

User Info Menu

Outstanding playing man.
    You always sound good but that BK is YOU.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the pickups replaced before you got it? No matter....just shows to go that when you get a great old wood Gibson you can make changes and get many different results but ya gotta have a good sounding/playing >guitar above anything else to start.

Of course in the end it's the driver more than the car. but a great 60's Gibson archtop is as good as it gets.
    When you play a guitar like that you're not even thinking about the guitar when you're playing, allows you to concentrate on just music, you already have the tone/playability/feel covered.

Thanks, and yes, all the electronics and tuners/bridge were replaced. I think it's got burstbuckers (pros perhaps) in it and yeah, it taught me that the wood is the main thing. It's literally the best sounding guitar I've ever owned. I'm tempted to get another one just to string it up differently, maybe put rounds on it or something...

thanks for the kind words. greatly appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    Outstanding playing man.
    You always sound good but that BK is YOU.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the pickups replaced before you got it? No matter....just shows to go that when you get a great old wood Gibson you can make changes and get many different results but ya gotta have a good sounding/playing >guitar above anything else to start.

Of course in the end it's the driver more than the car. but a great 60's Gibson archtop is as good as it gets.
    When you play a guitar like that you're not even thinking about the guitar when you're playing, allows you to concentrate on just music, you already have the tone/playability/feel covered.

Thanks for the thoughts, i'm trying to book more gigs this year but it's slow in NE ohio!

Quote Originally Posted by AKA
    Jack,

Your skills are world class. Hopefully one of these days I catch you in live performance or you release a collection of recorded material - maybe standards with piano/organ, bass, drums; and a second more progressive/modern interpretation of standards and/or original material with a bit of edge. Bottom line - you play with skill and soul and I like it.

All the best,

Albert

User Info Menu

George Benson and Pat Martino are running for cover. A new sheriff is in town.

User Info Menu

Awesome look man!! And the playing and sound ain't too shabby either :)

User Info Menu

I want to know more about that skate deck behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarbean25
    I want to know more about that skate deck behind you.
    If you follow my photography (Jack Zucker Photography) you know that I'm a big pop-surreal fan. It's a local artist in cleveland. Liz Marie (Kollective Tattoo Studio)

User Info Menu

Wow. Love everything about this video, Jack.
    Thanks for sharing clips like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedalus
    Wow. Love everything about this video, Jack.
    Thanks for sharing clips like this.
    thanks so much, I greatly appreciate the likes/comments.