The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Deleted
    Last edited by jjang1993; 11-10-2022 at 12:49 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Not much acoustic volume on those ....

User Info Menu

I would not buy this guitar thinking it will be ok for acoustic sound. Your options and price suggest you should go to Eastman.

User Info Menu

If it's acoustically pretty dead, then why the floating pickup and guard mounted pots?

User Info Menu

Ok got it
    its certainly loud enough for your purposes

( not a loud as the epi though)

i have an Ibz af81 that I use for practice acoustically ,
    similar Ibz construction (robust) , but with a single set in HB pu

and it's absolutely fine for practicing ....

User Info Menu

All the low cost airlines in Europe will charge you extra for a guitar, "personal item" or not. Ryanair now charges you to put baggage in the overhead lockers ! Even some of the traditional airlines will probably charge for a guitar

User Info Menu

Wait, why not just buy a guitar in europe and sell it at the end of your stay?
    you can score a perfectly okay acoustic guitar for $50, and you can donate it to a charity once you're done

User Info Menu

Grats on the purchase mate, but:

Quote Originally Posted by jjang1993
    Find me a $50 arch top guitar with a floating pickup and a cutaway and I'll be more than happy to. I cannot stand flat top guitars (wayyy too much bass, not as much punch), nylon string guitars (too wide necks, not as much punch as an arch top) or solid body guitars (too small of bodies, no acoustic resonance, great for self defense).
    ...not all flat tops are dreadnoughts. OM's and Parlors for example, have a much tighter sound.