The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

Hey, everyone. A few weeks ago I received a wonderful 2013 Trenier Excel from my good friend Steve/QAman. The instrument is spectacular. Steve has told the story here before, but John Monteleone examined the guitar when it was brand new at a guitar show and told Bryant that he "nailed it" in reference to capturing the tone, looks, construction and spirit of the great D'Aquisto's from Jimmy's revered mid-80s period. I wholeheartedly agree. Below are a few videos of the instrument in action as played by my talented friend Matt Read. I hope you enjoy. FYI, these videos were humbly shot on my iPhone.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

D’Aquisto fan,
    Thanks for sharing these videos of Matt - it really showcases the versatility of an acoustic Archtop guitar, as opposed to bebop , or the Wes / Freddie Green style.

It was a special day when I bought this guitar - and equally special when I knew it was headed your way. We both share an admiration of Jimmy D’Aquisto’s guitars and Bryant is keeping that flame alive better than anyone I know.

Michael - most importantly is the friendship we have - and the blessing bestowed upon us to be custodians of such fine instruments.

Wishing you many years of enjoyment!

User Info Menu

I've never heard a Trenier Excel before but after listening to Matt Read's etude in the 2nd video all I can say is wow!

That guitar is so resonant and clear sounding.

And the finish is just downright gorgeous - it looks as good as it sounds!

User Info Menu

Absolutely wonderful. I've got 1 year and 9 months to go until I get my Trenier Broadway!

User Info Menu

D'A Fan,

Congratulations on that beautiful guitar. It sounds and looks fantastic, and you couldn't have gone wrong buying from QAman. I wish you many great years of musical enjoyment with it. I own a 2010, and love it:
    2013 Trenier Excel-trenier-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Herron
    I've never heard a Trenier Excel before but after listening to Matt Read's etude in the 2nd video all I can say is wow!

That guitar is so resonant and clear sounding.

And the finish is just downright gorgeous - it looks as good as it sounds!

Regards,
    Steven Herron
    Jazz Guitar Tabs - Solos, Tabs Books, Instruction DVDs + Video Lessons
    Thanks, Steve. It's a pretty special instrument. Glad you enjoyed the videos!

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos
    Absolutely wonderful. I've got 1 year and 9 months to go until I get my Trenier Broadway!
    Your Broadway will be worth waiting for! I'm waiting on a Jazz Special. Love Bryant's guitars!

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    D'A Fan,

Congratulations on that beautiful guitar. It sounds and looks fantastic, and you couldn't have gone wrong buying from QAman. I wish you many great years of musical enjoyment with it. I own a 2010, and love it:
    2013 Trenier Excel-trenier-jpg
    Thank you for the well wishes. Yes, buying from Steve/QAman was a true pleasure. Super highly recommended! And thanks for sharing a picture of your Trenier. It looks fantastic. We are very fortunate to make music on such wonderful instruments!

User Info Menu

Congratulations! I believe Bryans work is amazing. Also the demo is very well played and done!

Enviado desde mi LG-H870 mediante Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Congratulations Michael! Amazing guitar. The video really captures the tonal qualities of the guitar and, as Steve said, the versatility of an acoustic archtop.

Quote Originally Posted by marcut
    Congratulations Michael! Amazing guitar. The video really captures the tonal qualities of the guitar and, as Steve said, the versatility of an acoustic archtop.
    Thanks, Mark. I'm very happy to have one of Bryant's wonderful instruments again. Hope you're loving the Magnolia!

User Info Menu

I've had the Magnolia about 2 months now and am still blown away by the guitar. Your video really captured the qualities I love about Bryant's guitars-their sustain and responsiveness, the separation between bass and treble, their versatility. It also helped that Matt Read is an excellent guitarist. I hope it tides you over until your Jazz Special arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by marcut
    I've had the Magnolia about 2 months now and am still blown away by the guitar. Your video really captured the qualities I love about Bryant's guitars-their sustain and responsiveness, the separation between bass and treble, their versatility. It also helped that Matt Read is an excellent guitarist. I hope it tides you over until your Jazz Special arrives.
    I totally agree about the wonderful attributes of Bryant's guitars. I especially love the sustain and responsiveness of this instrument. Matt's playing in the videos really captures this. It's scary how much this Excel reminds me of a great D'Aquisto. Glad the Magnolia still inspires you!

User Info Menu

Glad to see you guys experiencing what I’ve been saying about Bryants guitars. Being fortunate to have several D’Aquisto’s in my possession back in the early 90’s - along with spending many hours in Jimmy’s shop, I’m quite familiar with the D’Aquisto vibe.

This Excel that went off to Michael (D’Aquisto fan ) is an extraordinary example of Bryants ability to recreate the D’Aquisto experience.
    Last edited by QAman; 02-07-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    Glad to see you guys experiencing what I’ve been saying about Bryants guitars. Being fortunate to have several D’Aquisto’s in my possession back in the early 90’s - along with spending many hours in Jimmy’s shop, I’m quite familiar with the D’Aquisto vibe.

This Excel that went off to Michael (D’Aquisto fan ) is an extraordinary example of Bryants ability to recreate the D’Aquisto experience.
    Thanks again, Steve for passing along this wonderful instrument to me. It's the only guitar I've played since I received it 3 weeks ago. It's getting many, many hours of playing time. Such an inspiring instrument! It's remarkable how much it reminds me of my old fabulous D'Aquisto.