Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 50 of 122
  1. #1
    I've wanted one of these for years and I finally found one that I couldn't resist, so I just had to buy it! The seller is a GREAT guy and these are the pictures he took (apologies that I'm posting so many, but if it's any consolation, I'm not posting them all:









    Midnight Blues

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2
    A "few" more:













    He's shipping it tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week/early next week.
    Midnight Blues

  4. #3

    User Info Menu

    I am convinced one of these would complete my collection.
    Guitar Addicts Anonymous
    A 12 fret program

  5. #4
    That's a beauty!

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy2grasp View Post
    I am convinced one of these would complete my collection.
    I think I'm close, but you're never really done are you?
    Midnight Blues

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    That's a beauty!
    Thank you Michael, it's much appreciated!


    Midnight Blues

  8. #7

    User Info Menu

    That beauty would certainly be Wes approved!

    Play it in good health.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler View Post
    That beauty would certainly be Wes approved!

    Play it in good health.
    Thank you very much Gf, I really appreciate it!


    Midnight Blues

  10. #9

    User Info Menu

    You really cannot post too many pictures on a guitar like that a beautiful L5. Posting pictures of guitars like that are legal, clean, and wholesome things to look at, and much better than wasting energy on some other things.
    specializing in repair and setup, does your guitar play like it should?

  11. #10

    User Info Menu

    My personal favorite is a sunburst Wes. You cannot do better than that IMO. A big Congrats !

  12. #11

    User Info Menu

    good gracious.

  13. #12

    User Info Menu

    +1 Vinny1k

  14. #13

    User Info Menu

    I have a pretty good collection and an L5 is the only guitar I really get gas for. This L5 is surly one that would put me over the edge........

  15. #14

    User Info Menu

    Congrats! Enjoy!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A long journey starts with the first step...and although I have long forgotten about my destination I'm still enjoying the journey.

  16. #15

    User Info Menu

    Great looking L5. Play it in good health.

    Tony D.

  17. #16

    User Info Menu

    Yes! Congratulations on your new Wesmo! That is spectacular! You're going to love it. Looks brand spanking new. Sparkles and shines. You'll be playing and sounding like one of my favorite guitar players of all times. What an awesome thought!

  18. #17

    User Info Menu

    Congrats!

  19. #18

    User Info Menu

    Congrats - a fine choice ! When this appeared on Reverb I knew it wouldn’t last long. The seller made a nice video reviewing the entire guitar - which certainly added confidence to a prospective buyer.

    If more sellers took that approach - they would be very successful.

  20. #19

    User Info Menu

    WOW, just WOW

  21. #20

    User Info Menu

    Here's the sound I really like coming from a Wesmo:


  22. #21

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blues View Post
    I think I'm close, but you're never really done are you?
    Always one short of just enough.
    Guitar Addicts Anonymous
    A 12 fret program

  23. #22

    User Info Menu

    Nice. Happy NGD!

  24. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark View Post
    You really cannot post too many pictures on a guitar like that a beautiful L5. Posting pictures of guitars like that are legal, clean, and wholesome things to look at, and much better than wasting energy on some other things.
    To be honest, I feel the same way. I love seeing what guitars and other gear everyone has. I find it quite enjoyable, even if I do end-up filled with envy!


    Thanks Mark and
    Midnight Blues

  25. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k View Post
    My personal favorite is a sunburst Wes. You cannot do better than that IMO. A big Congrats !
    Thank you very much Vinny, I really appreciate it. That's my favorite sunburst as well!


    Midnight Blues

  26. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by tonedeaf View Post
    I have a pretty good collection and an L5 is the only guitar I really get gas for. This L5 is surly one that would put me over the edge........
    Thanks td! That's what happened to me. I've been looking for a while and the GAS pressure was intensifying. There were a few out there, but when I saw this one, it was so clean and from what I've seen reasonably priced, I couldn't resist any longer.


    Thanks again and
    Midnight Blues

  27. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO View Post
    Congrats! Enjoy!
    Thank you Tommo! She shipped today and is scheduled to arrive on Monday!


    Midnight Blues

  28. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotony View Post
    Great looking L5. Play it in good health.

    Tony D.
    Thank you Tony, that's very much appreciated!


    Midnight Blues

  29. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone View Post
    Yes! Congratulations on your new Wesmo! That is spectacular! You're going to love it. Looks brand spanking new. Sparkles and shines. You'll be playing and sounding like one of my favorite guitar players of all times. What an awesome thought!
    Thanks skykomishone! She really does! As I mentioned above, she's so clean, especially after two owners, which made her even more irresistible! You can tell that the seller, who is just a fantastic guy, really took care of her!

    I can assure you, I'll be doing my worst Wes Montgomery imitation possible when I play her!


    Thanks again and
    Midnight Blues

  30. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by geese_com View Post
    Congrats!
    Thanks geese_com, that's much appreciated!


    Midnight Blues

  31. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by QAman View Post
    Congrats - a fine choice ! When this appeared on Reverb I knew it wouldn’t last long. The seller made a nice video reviewing the entire guitar - which certainly added confidence to a prospective buyer.

    If more sellers took that approach - they would be very successful.
    Thanks QAman, I appreciate it!

    He certainly did and as soon as I saw it, I didn't think it would last long either, so I started corresponding with him immediately. What a GREAT guy! He couldn't be/have been nicer!

    To be honest, I need another guitar like I need a hole in the head (my wife agrees with me), but I've wanted one of these for years and after seeing what's been out there in terms of age/condition/price and then seeing this one, I just had to have it.


    Thanks again and
    Midnight Blues

  32. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Strbender View Post
    WOW, just WOW
    Thanks Strbender!


    Midnight Blues

  33. #32

    User Info Menu

    Congrats on your new WesMo! They are great guitars and it will serve you well in the years ahead. I've a 98 model and its my favorite go to git.

  34. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone View Post
    Here's the sound I really like coming from a Wesmo:

    I always loved that video! Kills me how Wes just teaches them the tune on the fly and how quickly the band picks it up. I guess that's what happens when you have talent!?


    Midnight Blues

  35. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy2grasp View Post
    Always one short of just enough.
    Ain't that the truth!


    Midnight Blues

  36. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzstdnt View Post
    Nice. Happy NGD!
    Thanks very much Jazzstdnt!


    Midnight Blues

  37. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by FredH View Post
    Congrats on your new WesMo! They are great guitars and it will serve you well in the years ahead. I've a 98 model and its my favorite go to git.
    Thanks Fred! I can't wait until she arrives! Do you have any tips for me?

    Also, I'd love to see pictures of your's if you're willing to share them?


    Thanks again and
    Midnight Blues

  38. #37

    User Info Menu

    You can't post too many pictures of that beauty

    welcome to the L5 Wes club


  39. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    You can't post too many pictures of that beauty

    welcome to the L5 Wes club

    Thanks Bluedawg! My sentiments exactly! Since I'm new around here, I don't want to, nor would I ever, want to overstep my bounds. Personally, my feeling is the more the merrier, no matter who might be posting pictures of their gear, especially their guitars.

    Would love to see some pics of your Wes as well!


    Thanks for the post and
    Midnight Blues

  40. #39
    Well, she just arrived!

    I'm going to wait a little while to let her get acclimated to the temperature in the house before I officially open her up.

    This is going to be more torturous than waiting for her to arrive!


    Midnight Blues

  41. #40
    Well, I felt safe that she became acclimated to the temperature in the house and finally opened the box/case; she's even more beautiful than in the pictures!!!! You can tell that great care was taken in maintaining her condition, which is near pristine.

    I just finished playing her (acoustically) a little while ago and she's like putting on an old pair of slippers!!!! What a warm sound and the neck is just gorgeous!!!! I love the feel of it and it's so easy to play!!!! The way the action was set-up is just about right where I like it, so no adjustments necessary and I have to say, I really like the flats on her. They feel very nice!

    Of course, the first thing I had to play was my worst Wes impression by hacking-up "Four On Six" using my thumb of course! LOL!

    Next stop, plugging her in to my Marshall 1974X to bask in the glory that is a Wes Montgomery L-5!!!!

    Here are a couple of pictures I took:





    She looks comfortable in her new surroundings doesn't she?
    Midnight Blues

  42. #41

    User Info Menu

    Beautiful!

  43. #42
    Thank you very much Gt!
    Last edited by Midnight Blues; 02-09-2019 at 11:27 PM.
    Midnight Blues

  44. #43
    Duped.
    Last edited by Midnight Blues; 02-09-2019 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Duped
    Midnight Blues

  45. #44

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blues View Post
    she's even more beautiful than in the pictures!!!!
    I agree! Just perfection! Like many of us, improved somehow by travel!

    Long may she run!

  46. #45

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blues View Post
    Well, I felt safe that she became acclimated to the temperature in the house and finally opened the box/case; she's even more beautiful than in the pictures!!!! You can tell that great care was taken in maintaining her condition, which is near pristine.

    I just finished playing her (acoustically) a little while ago and she's like putting on an old pair of slippers!!!! What a warm sound and the neck is just gorgeous!!!! I love the feel of it and it's so easy to play!!!! The way the action was set-up is just about right where I like it, so no adjustments necessary and I have to say, I really like the flats on her. They feel very nice!

    Of course, the first thing I had to play was my worst Wes impression by hacking-up "Four On Six" using my thumb of course! LOL!

    Next stop, plugging her in to my Marshall 1974X to bask in the glory that is a Wes Montgomery L-5!!!!

    Here are a couple of pictures I took:





    She looks comfortable in her new surroundings doesn't she?
    These are a bit risque, opened up on the bed? HAH... where is this thread headed?

  47. #46

    User Info Menu

    Excellent! You will never let that one go. Mine is solid as a rock, stable tuning and a tone that can’t be duplicated. Not better, just unique. I always feel privileged to play mine and it’s been over 20 years since she showed up on my doorstep.
    It all works out in the end; if it's not working out, it's not the end.

  48. #47

    User Info Menu

    Wow!! Beautiful guitar there happy playing

  49. #48

    User Info Menu

    Pheeeew! That's just gorgeous

  50. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat View Post
    I agree! Just perfection! Like many of us, improved somehow by travel!

    Long may she run!
    Thanks very much Flat! The pictures, especially mine, don't do her justice. I'm terrible when it comes to taking them.

    Thanks for the post and
    Midnight Blues

  51. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by p1p View Post
    These are a bit risque, opened up on the bed? HAH... where is this thread headed?


    Don't worry, I made sure there was enough room just in case. Especially as clumsy as I am!

    I wanted to take her to bed and sleep with her last night, but no doubt my wife wouldn't have cared for that. She's not into the ménage!

    <span class="st"><em>



    Thanks for the post and
    Midnight Blues