The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 118
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO
    Congrats! Enjoy!
    Thank you Tommo! She shipped today and is scheduled to arrive on Monday!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by pilotony
    Great looking L5. Play it in good health.

Tony D.
    Thank you Tony, that's very much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    Yes! Congratulations on your new Wesmo! That is spectacular! You're going to love it. Looks brand spanking new. Sparkles and shines. You'll be playing and sounding like one of my favorite guitar players of all times. What an awesome thought!
    Thanks skykomishone! She really does! As I mentioned above, she's so clean, especially after two owners, which made her even more irresistible! You can tell that the seller, who is just a fantastic guy, really took care of her!

I can assure you, I'll be doing my worst Wes Montgomery imitation possible when I play her!

Thanks again and

Quote Originally Posted by geese_com
    Congrats!
    Thanks geese_com, that's much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    Congrats - a fine choice ! When this appeared on Reverb I knew it wouldn’t last long. The seller made a nice video reviewing the entire guitar - which certainly added confidence to a prospective buyer.

If more sellers took that approach - they would be very successful.
    Thanks QAman, I appreciate it!

He certainly did and as soon as I saw it, I didn't think it would last long either, so I started corresponding with him immediately. What a GREAT guy! He couldn't be/have been nicer!

To be honest, I need another guitar like I need a hole in the head (my wife agrees with me), but I've wanted one of these for years and after seeing what's been out there in terms of age/condition/price and then seeing this one, I just had to have it.

Thanks again and

Quote Originally Posted by Strbender
    WOW, just WOW
    Thanks Strbender!

User Info Menu

Congrats on your new WesMo! They are great guitars and it will serve you well in the years ahead. I've a 98 model and its my favorite go to git.

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    Here's the sound I really like coming from a Wesmo:

I always loved that video! Kills me how Wes just teaches them the tune on the fly and how quickly the band picks it up. I guess that's what happens when you have talent!?

Quote Originally Posted by Easy2grasp
    Always one short of just enough.
    Ain't that the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzstdnt
    Nice. Happy NGD!
    Thanks very much Jazzstdnt!

Quote Originally Posted by FredH
    Congrats on your new WesMo! They are great guitars and it will serve you well in the years ahead. I've a 98 model and its my favorite go to git.
    Thanks Fred! I can't wait until she arrives! Do you have any tips for me?

Also, I'd love to see pictures of your's if you're willing to share them?

Thanks again and

User Info Menu

You can't post too many pictures of that beauty

welcome to the L5 Wes club

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg
    You can't post too many pictures of that beauty

welcome to the L5 Wes club

Thanks Bluedawg! My sentiments exactly! Since I'm new around here, I don't want to, nor would I ever, want to overstep my bounds. Personally, my feeling is the more the merrier, no matter who might be posting pictures of their gear, especially their guitars.

Would love to see some pics of your Wes as well!

Thanks for the post and

Well, she just arrived!

I'm going to wait a little while to let her get acclimated to the temperature in the house before I officially open her up.

This is going to be more torturous than waiting for her to arrive!

Well, I felt safe that she became acclimated to the temperature in the house and finally opened the box/case; she's even more beautiful than in the pictures!!!! You can tell that great care was taken in maintaining her condition, which is near pristine.

I just finished playing her (acoustically) a little while ago and she's like putting on an old pair of slippers!!!! What a warm sound and the neck is just gorgeous!!!! I love the feel of it and it's so easy to play!!!! The way the action was set-up is just about right where I like it, so no adjustments necessary and I have to say, I really like the flats on her. They feel very nice!

Of course, the first thing I had to play was my worst Wes impression by hacking-up "Four On Six" using my thumb of course! LOL!

Next stop, plugging her in to my Marshall 1974X to bask in the glory that is a Wes Montgomery L-5!!!!

Here are a couple of pictures I took:

She looks comfortable in her new surroundings doesn't she?

User Info Menu

Beautiful!

Thank you very much Gt!
    Last edited by Midnight Blues; 02-09-2019 at 11:27 PM.

Duped.
    Last edited by Midnight Blues; 02-09-2019 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Duped

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blues
    she's even more beautiful than in the pictures!!!!
    I agree! Just perfection! Like many of us, improved somehow by travel!

Long may she run!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blues
    Well, I felt safe that she became acclimated to the temperature in the house and finally opened the box/case; she's even more beautiful than in the pictures!!!! You can tell that great care was taken in maintaining her condition, which is near pristine.

I just finished playing her (acoustically) a little while ago and she's like putting on an old pair of slippers!!!! What a warm sound and the neck is just gorgeous!!!! I love the feel of it and it's so easy to play!!!! The way the action was set-up is just about right where I like it, so no adjustments necessary and I have to say, I really like the flats on her. They feel very nice!

Of course, the first thing I had to play was my worst Wes impression by hacking-up "Four On Six" using my thumb of course! LOL!

Next stop, plugging her in to my Marshall 1974X to bask in the glory that is a Wes Montgomery L-5!!!!

Here are a couple of pictures I took:

She looks comfortable in her new surroundings doesn't she?
    These are a bit risque, opened up on the bed? HAH... where is this thread headed?

User Info Menu

Excellent! You will never let that one go. Mine is solid as a rock, stable tuning and a tone that can’t be duplicated. Not better, just unique. I always feel privileged to play mine and it’s been over 20 years since she showed up on my doorstep.

User Info Menu

Wow!! Beautiful guitar there happy playing

User Info Menu

Pheeeew! That's just gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by Flat
    I agree! Just perfection! Like many of us, improved somehow by travel!

Long may she run!
    Thanks very much Flat! The pictures, especially mine, don't do her justice. I'm terrible when it comes to taking them.

Thanks for the post and

Quote Originally Posted by p1p
    These are a bit risque, opened up on the bed? HAH... where is this thread headed?

Don't worry, I made sure there was enough room just in case. Especially as clumsy as I am!

I wanted to take her to bed and sleep with her last night, but no doubt my wife wouldn't have cared for that. She's not into the ménage!

<span class="st"><em>

Thanks for the post and