The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 33

User Info Menu

Gibson is introducing the 2019 ES350T Chuck Berry model at NAMM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Looks like they are copying his humbucker model instead of the more iconic P90 guitar.

I think he recorded his 55-56 stuff (Maybelline through Roll Over Beethoven) on his LP custom, and switched to the P90 ES-350 for later tunes like Baby Doll (1957).

Johnny B. Goode was recorded in Jan 1958, and he was still playing the P90 ES-350 at the Summer 1958 Newport Jazz festival.

User Info Menu

It's about time the "Father of Rock n Roll" got his own signature guitar!!!

User Info Menu

Gibson teamed with Chuck Berry’s Son and Grandson to create Berry’s famed ES-350T which will be out this year. “We x-rayed the original down to the micro-level to recreate it,” adds Gueikian.

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/28430-gibson-reveals-2019-lineup-and-signature-models

User Info Menu

gibsons also releasing a

– Slim Harpo ’62 ES-330 model

cool!

and thru epiphone-

George Thorogood – Epiphone Ltd Ed Thorogood “White Fang” ES-125TDC

cheers

They still need to bring back the 175.

User Info Menu

“Our artists are going to be an integral part of what we do”

they say they want to increase custom "artists" models...past and present...so maybe we will be seeing a jim hall 175 somewhere down the line!

cheers

User Info Menu

Well heck yes!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic

they say they want to increase custom "artists" models...past and present...so maybe we will be seeing a jim hall 175 somewhere down the line!

cheers
    Or a Joe Pass for which they already have the prototype.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    Or a Joe Pass for which they already have the prototype.
    Two Joe Pass 175's were made. One is in the possession of John Pisano. The other was returned to Gibson, but where is it? If Henry J. has it, good luck getting him to turn it over.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic

cheers
    I would investigate purchasing such an artist guitar.

User Info Menu

Gibson did a Steve Howe ES175 from 2001 - 2007 as well as a Herb Ellis ES165 before that.

Gibson Tal Farlow still no.1 in my book. GREAT axe.

User Info Menu

Artist Signature models usually mean that there is premium to pay on top of the (already high) retail price of the "standard" model without there being much of a difference anyway.
    Recreating a specific guitar down to microscopic details? Well - they overlooked a lot of that and really messed up when they "recreated" Clapton's ES 335....

Marketing scam I say....

Oh.....long live the Wes Montgomery model too. The WM & TF are my favorite Gibby’s.

User Info Menu

waitin on those george gobels

Gibson ES-350T-51vgd3s-pdl-_sl500_aa300_-jpg

cheers

User Info Menu

I wish they'd done it while Chuck was alive. Few players influenced the path of the electric guitar like he did.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    I wish they'd done it while Chuck was alive. Few players influenced the path of the electric guitar like he did.
    i'd guess the family was easier to work with than chuck...he was a tough negotiator..probably show up at gibson with his everpresent attache case and tell'em to fill it up before he let them put his name to it!! hah

great guitar..i'd hope they do the p90 issue

cheers

User Info Menu

He earned the right to be a tough negotiator...as Keef found out to his cost!

User Info Menu

I must admit, a Jim Hall 175 would be nice to have...complete with string damper.

User Info Menu

Jump to 5m30s for the guitar:

User Info Menu

Are those two Mojo-built GA-5 LP Jr. amps on the floor?

Funny to include them if that is the case.

Or has Gibbo decided to sell little amps again?

The guitar looks great, and I am sure it was fun for the family to be involved in the introduction.

I also assume the guitar goes for about 2X (or more) vs. some reasonable value.

Interesting and odd to see the amps on the floor.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nopedals
    Looks like they are copying his humbucker model instead of the more iconic P90 guitar.
    Nope.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Nice pics David.

I’d buy one tomorrow at about 40% of what I assume will be a gibbo-silly price.