The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

Seems like a killer amp for the money (100w, lightweight), BUT i wonder if it sits well in a mix because it's designed for use with a bass, is it possible to get 'deluxe reverb'/Dv-mark/Quilter tones out of this thing?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That is the amp I used on my gigs with a Holy Grail sitting on top of the amp running through the effects loop. It was me playing melodies and my buddy playing rhythm with backing tracks running through monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Headshot
    That is the amp I used on my gigs with a Holy Grail sitting on top of the amp running through the effects loop. It was me playing melodies and my buddy playing rhythm with backing tracks running through monitors.
    does the EQ work like a guitar amp EQ or is it set to different frequencies?

User Info Menu

I had the 25w version and it didn’t work

User Info Menu

I love my 40W Rumble. SO LIGHT. Great for bass. Decent for jazz guitar. 4 band EQ - I don't know the freqs but they're likely in the manual. Also sounds cool elec guitar with overdrive - really thumps!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnesto
    I had the 25w version and it didn’t work
    What didn't work about it?

User Info Menu

The eq are very difficult to dial in, I dont recommend it for archtop guitar the ibanez promethean sounds better

Quote Originally Posted by Arnesto
    The eq are very difficult to dial in, I dont recommend it for archtop guitar the ibanez promethean sounds better
    The eq knobs are set at

BASS: ±15dB 2 80Hz

LOW-MID: ±12dB @ 280Hz

HIGH-MID: ±12dB @ 1,2kHz

TREBLE: ±15dB @ 10kHz

What was difficult to dial in/out of the sound?

The promethean looks nice but it has a 10" speaker and is a tad heavier

I had the Rumble 150 head, but I wasn't satisfied with the amp. Too much bass! I guess if you play solo-guitar it might work. I sold because it didn't work for me in the mix. These days you have guitar specific solutions which might be a little bit more expansive but they are therefore fulfilling the purpose more adequately.

Quote Originally Posted by hans halmackenreuter
    I had the Rumble 150 head, but I wasn't satisfied with the amp. Too much bass! I guess if you play solo-guitar it might work. I sold because it didn't work for me in the mix. These days you have guitar specific solutions which might be a little bit more expansive but they are therefore fulfilling the purpose more adequately.
    What speaker did you use and how did you set the EQ? did you try setting the bass on 0?

User Info Menu

Before the invasion of smaller micro-amps, I used the Rumble 200 head on several gigs. The four-band eq and voicing are great, and the tone is warmer than that of G+K MB 200. Low weight but bulky dimensions compared to newer micros. As with most bass amps, no on-board reverb. The Vintage voicing has a tad of it. As for the Rumble 100 combo, a lot depends on the Eminence speaker, which obviously is meant for bass. Haven't tested one. Some smaller bass combos are quite nasal on guitar frequencies. Also, as evident from various Forum threads, "jazz guitar" means different things to different players. The amps listed in the opening message vary a lot in character. My general comment is: don't glue your eq settings, because you may/must change them for every venue and often during the gig as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    Before the invasion of smaller micro-amps, I used the Rumble 200 head on several gigs. The four-band eq and voicing are great, and the tone is warmer than that of G+K MB 200. Low weight but bulky dimensions compared to newer micros. As with most bass amps, no on-board reverb. The Vintage voicing has a tad of it. As for the Rumble 100 combo, a lot depends on the Eminence speaker, which obviously is meant for bass. Haven't tested one. Some smaller bass combos are quite nasal on guitar frequencies. Also, as evident from various Forum threads, "jazz guitar" means different things to different players. The amps listed in the opening message vary a lot in character. My general comment is: don't glue your eq settings, because you may/must change them for every venue and often during the gig as well.
    I've been eye'ing this one, it ha 2x8" speakers and more wattage, about the same weight and price

tc electronic BG250-208 – Thomann België

Quote Originally Posted by Misty
    What speaker did you use and how did you set the EQ? did you try setting the bass on 0?
    I had my DIY take on the RE NY8 (same dimension and Eminence Beta 8) with the amp connected. You can try to dial out the bass and the low-mid control to compensate for the woofiness, but you loose volume too. I guess the mids don't sit in a good place for guitar. Maybe it will work for you but my experiences weren't that satisfying. With a bass guitar the setup was much better. I don't think it has something to do with my speaker because I once plugged it into a 100w Hiwatt amp and it was loud as hell and good sounding.

User Info Menu

You are talking about a rig for guitar, right? Why don't you eye the DV Marks? They are meant for guitar and weigh a great deal less, while costing half of the Henriksens. And it wouldn't be me if I didn't mention my TOOB ultra-light cabs, which many pros are happily using, with a variety of amps. 12", 100W, 9-10 lb. Just today tested one with MB 200 and TC Hall of Fame reverb. Great tone and v-e-r-y loud if needed.

You are talking about a rig for guitar, right? Why don't you eye the DV Marks? They are meant for guitar and weigh a great deal less, while costing half of the Henriksens. And it wouldn't be me if I didn't mention my TOOB ultra-light cabs, which many pros are happily using, with a variety of amps. 12", 100W, 9-10 lb. Just today tested one with MB 200 and TC Hall of Fame reverb. Great tone and v-e-r-y loud if needed.
    Because i'm afraid the DV mark little jazz will lack volume, and the jazz 12 is already in the budget range of a quilter 101 mini+12"cab.

I'm trying to keep everything as light and cheap as possible

EDIT: I'll probably get the Quilter and a cheap lightweight cab
    Last edited by Misty; 01-20-2019 at 12:46 AM.

User Info Menu

I see. You may find the Quilter quite bright, if you want to achieve a dark, smoky traditional jazz sound. 101R highly advisable for two reasons: ordinary EQ instead of the strange Tri-Q, and a reverb that's just about as good as it gets.

BTW, forgot to mention that I have twice approached Fender, suggesting they make a jazz guitar version of the Rumble 200 head, by replacing the voicings (and possibly, also the overdrive) with a decent reverb. First time, no response. Second time: "Right on!" End of story.

Good luck!

I see. You may find the Quilter quite bright, if you want to achieve a dark, smoky traditional jazz sound. 101R highly advisable for two reasons: ordinary EQ instead of the strange Tri-Q, and a reverb that's just about as good as it gets.

BTW, forgot to mention that I have twice approached Fender, suggesting they make a jazz guitar version of the Rumble 200 head, by replacing the voicings (and possibly, also the overdrive) with a decent reverb. First time, no response. Second time: "Right on!" End of story.

Good luck!
    Wow i hope they make a rumble 100 guitar combo

I prefer bright fendery tones, i don't like playing with a traditional dark bassy tone, i don't mind listening to them but when i play myself i prefer crisp bright tones with almost no bass