The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Posts 101 to 125 of 179

User Info Menu

Something is coming at last!
    It has not a picture yet but it seems to be the not Japan model an it says about a special PM neck pickup!

PM25TH | PM | HOLLOW BODIES | PRODUCTS | Ibanez guitars

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hmm....intriguing. Black or antique amber.

• neck type
    • PM3pc Nyatoh/Mapleset-in neck

• top/back/side
    • Spruce MapleMaple

• fretboard
    • Bound Ebony fretboardAcrylic PM special inlay

• fret
    • Medium fretsArtstar fret edge treatment

• number of frets

• bridge
    • Gibraltar Performer bridge

• string space
    • 10.5mm

• neck pickup
    • PM Special neck pickup

• factory tuning
    • 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E

• string gauge
    • .011/.015/.022w/.030/.040/.050

• nut
    • Bone nut

• hardware color
    • Dark Gold

User Info Menu

The PM Special Neck Pickup implies it is only for this model, and could well be the CC.

What is a Gibraltar Performer Bridge?

User Info Menu

Interesting cause the PM200 bridge is a Gotoh GE103B.
    The Gibraltar Performer is on my AF95FM, way less expensive than the PM200.

Makes me wonder what the price point will be, given theres a few other drop downs.

The upcoming PM25 is Artstar fret edge treatment but the 200 is Prestige. Acrylic inlays on the 25 vs Acrylic/Abalone on the 200.

Neck on the 25 is three piece Maple Nyatoh, the 200 is one piece Mahogany.

Maybe not an MIJ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop

What is a Gibraltar Performer Bridge?
    ibanez newspeak for a tune-a-matic

cheers

ps- notice also in the performance pics ^...his cc pup has screws...not the og vintage true- blade

User Info Menu

I think it’s definitely not the Japan model. But I hope a MIJ will soon follow because it seems that it should be an anniversary edition 25 years.

one other difference is the spruce top. It’s the first for a Metheny model

User Info Menu

I just found a pm200 at a great price which made me think about buying it, but now that i read this, i might just wait. I would definitely buy a japanese version of this one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HarryPm
    I think it’s definitely not the Japan model.
    Yeah .. My thoughts exactly ..

I hope that they don't do what they did with the 40th anniversary George Benson model.

With that model they introduced a mass produced affordable Asian version, but only of 40 MIJ guitars at very expensive prices that where basically sold before they hit the dealers.

MIJ version

Asian version

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lobomov
    Yeah .. My thoughts exactly ..

I hope that they don't do what they did with the 40th anniversary George Benson model.

With that model they introduced a mass produced affordable Asian version, but only of 40 MIJ guitars at very expensive prices that where basically sold before they hit the dealers.
    thanks for the pictures! I didn't even knew there was a japan version of the 40th anniversary!

but I am afraid that something similar would happen to the 25th Metheny model, especially if you consider the CC pickup ...
    are they ready for a mass production?

unless there is a totally different approach (no CC pickup).
    if you look for the 20th Sco model, you will find also a special pickup version and it is a humbucker...

JSM20TH | JSM | HOLLOW BODIES | PRODUCTS | Ibanez guitars

User Info Menu

Well as we Ibanez peeps know they do have their own logic when it comes to what and how they do things. Based on the quality of the Indonesian AF95FM i have i am not at all concerned, this should be a nice guitar, especially with a spruce top. Could probably even afford it)))

User Info Menu

funny thing, I was just ready to pull the trigger on the new AMH90 and I was checking the specs as I bumped on the PM25th.
    Now I' m waiting for the full disclosure (photo)

User Info Menu

just when i was in the acceptance stage of what guitars I own, now here comes this one.....

User Info Menu

One of the great things about the original PM100, the PM120, the PM20 (all discontinued) and the PM200 (available) are the 22frets and the better high fret access. I know, I know...there's no money beyond the..., but there are not many factory made archtops with this feature (if you need/want it), the better access (the 22frets are on the PM2 and some other archtops).
    I had a PM100 and stupidly sold it, even if it's generally considered ugly (I think it's great), it should have remained in production, maybe in a cheaper version without the artist name etc.

Again (last time I promise): the deeper cutaway is not on the PM2 only the PM200. Among the less expensive models in this range I liked the PM20 the most, but they're rarely found in the used market.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTT
    One of the great things about the original PM100, the PM120, the PM20 (all discontinued) and the PM200 (available) are the 22frets and the better high fret access. I know, I know...there's no money beyond the..., but there are not many factory made archtops with this feature (if you need/want it), the better access (the 22frets are on the PM2 and some other archtops).
    I had a PM100 and stupidly sold it, even if it's generally considered ugly (I think it's great), it should have remained in production, maybe in a cheaper version without the artist name etc.

Again (last time I promise): the deeper cutaway is not on the PM2 only the PM200. Among the less expensive models in this range I liked the PM20 the most, but they're rarely found in the used market.
    Interesting!
    I didn't ever noticed the difference. I also agree that PM100 should have remained in production because it also has a reduced heel at the neck which gives an easy access and speed to the entire fretboard (not only to the higher frets) compared to any other conventional archtop.

pm100
    Ibanez working on new Metheny model with CC?-ibanez-pm-100-pinup-jpg
    pm200
    Ibanez working on new Metheny model with CC?-pm200-nt-pat-metheny-hd-12-105779-jpg

User Info Menu

and here's pm20 (discontinued) vs PM2 (available), just for us upper access nerds;-)

PM20

Ibanez working on new Metheny model with CC?-pm20-jpg

PM2
    Ibanez working on new Metheny model with CC?-pm2-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzimprov;[URL="tel:1101289"
    1101289[/URL]] just when i was in the acceptance stage of what guitars I own, now here comes this one.....
    Ibanez are such a tease !
    its disappeared from the website now

User Info Menu

Hi fellow Ibanezies:
    Possibly down due to floating specs? Rich at ibanezrules.com has it listed under 2021 new show guitars. He has this to say: IBANEZ PM25TH PAT METHENY
    (Also no price yet)

: “PM25TH - Legendary jazz great Pat Metheny has been playing Ibanez signature guitars for 25 years and the moment is celebrated with a 25TH Anniversary model.
    THERE WERE NO SPECS RELEASED, JUST USING STANDARD JSM SPECS AND WILL UPDATE WHEN CORRECT SPECS ARE AVAILABLE.

User Info Menu

The listing and photos of my PM200 are still up at ibanezrules so I can share too)

Ibanez working on new Metheny model with CC?-b93926d2-b19a-408c-ae59-56d81c8b81db-jpeg

She’s here if you click on the link at the start of the paragraph there’s a bunch of pix. IBANEZ PM200NT PM200 NT BK PAT METHENY
    Attached Images Attached Images Ibanez working on new Metheny model with CC?-4f4a6de8-8442-47aa-8049-877561eec267-jpeg 

User Info Menu

looks like Ibanez took down that page...

"page not found"

could be good or bad.....

User Info Menu

So heres my question since im not experienced with P90s. Would a PM200 with a P90 sound all that different? How so?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkritter
    So heres my question since im not experienced with P90s. Would a PM200 with a P90 sound all that different? How so?
    I would be afraid of the feedback issues. It’s a big body guitar. I believe Ibanez put the silent 58 for a reason

User Info Menu

I took the silent 58 off of mine, it was too bright for me especially on an all maple guitar. Replaced with a Fralin Modern PAF, which sounds great.
    But.... yep some feedback.

User Info Menu

Yeah .. The Silent58 is ok, but a bit underwhelming ... But note that PM100 which is the predecessor to the Ibanez PM200, came with a Super58 and not Silent58. That model ran from 1996-2013.

The silent58 was equipped on the PM120 (2000-2013) .. A thinline version that is a lot less feedback prone than the PM100

Go figure, eh?

At some point I think that I'm going to change the pups on my PM120. I'd love to try Jazzkritter's recommendation of the Fralin Modern PAF, but since they are US based it's too much hassle, but I'll think of something

User Info Menu

Hi Lobo... underwhelming is a good word. It seemed to feel disconnected from playing, whereas the Fralin has a sense of connection. I’ve been surprised that Fralin’s pups don’t get more love here. lol maybe it’s like Gibson, gotta have Lollar Imperials or it doesn’t count)
    I have to believe there’s someone on your side of the puddle who could match.

User Info Menu

Estimate body size on the potential PM25 ?

PM2 (Discontinued in 2020?) is 15 3/4"

PM25 looks like at least like a 16"