The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 74

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    The block is full length. I asked them if it was hollowed out like gibson does with their weight relieved les pauls and they said no because that would effect the structural integrity. They said it was all done by hand selecting lighter woods - I presume for the neck and the block.
    They must have scored some really light wood because the Exrubato Jazz is fully hollow and is ~6.3 pounds! I look forward to hearing it.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

here's a quick-n-dirty clip. I'm still sick as a dog i didn't use my normal recording setup but I think you can get an idea of how it sounds. Very fat sounding for .010s!

Going through HOF reverb, quilter OD200 amp, 112HD cab.

Looking at the preview reminds me that I need to take the plastic off the pickup covers!

User Info Menu

looks like the price for these will be around $1850.
    Congrats. That sounds good.
    More 'string ' than most 335's - a lot of response for a thinline stoptail -

Sounds like your left hand likes it too...

Will be interesting to hear the full Review.

A hair slimmer neck that won't affect Tone
    might be a cool $ option on any Model for some of us ...

Quote Originally Posted by Robertkoa
    Congrats. That sounds good.
    More 'string ' than most 335's - a lot of response for a thinline stoptail -

Sounds like your left hand likes it too...

Will be interesting to hear the full Review.

A hair slimmer neck that won't affect Tone
    might be a cool $ option on any Model for some of us ...
    thanks, i'd love to try a hawk thinline sometime too!

User Info Menu

Looks great, and sounds great Jack And Congratulations on getting a sig model from such a great company! That is awesome and well deserved

And feel better!

User Info Menu

New Seventy Seven Jack Zucker Model based on Exrubato-screenshot_20190107-203512_chrome-jpg

I think a Thinline with the Neck PU right near Fingerboard might be really cool right after the 20th fret.

Mini Toggle series parallel single on neck PU and maybe your trick of instant series
    when bridge is coil cut .

A Jazz Hawk Thinline - for recording- some subtleties might be lost on stage but Recording with Cab IRs - you hear everything - another reason I love your Reviews

Actually I would prefer a Neck and Middle (with a single coil sized humbucker in middle ) - no bridge but they will probably never do that one.

On Jazz Hawk Fat the Neck PU sounds great where it is ... but the Thinline might really benefit . Do you think so ?

Is your Exrubato unusually loud for a Semi Hollow unplugged ? As loud and full as the Sadowsky is unplugged ?

Thinking there might be benefits from the light weight on the JZ Exrubato ...?
    Last edited by Robertkoa; 01-12-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertkoa
    New Seventy Seven Jack Zucker Model based on Exrubato-screenshot_20190107-203512_chrome-jpg

I think a Thinline with the Neck PU right near Fingerboard might be really cool right after the 20th fret.

Mini Toggle series parallel single on neck PU and maybe your trick of instant series
    when bridge is coil cut .
    They are pretty conservative. I don't think they'd want to do extra switches on any of their hollowbodies.

A Jazz Hawk Thinline - for recording- some subtleties might be lost on stage but Recording with Cab IRs - you hear everything - another reason I love your Reviews

Actually I would prefer a Neck and Middle (with a single coil sized humbucker in middle ) - no bridge but they will probably never do that one.
    Yeah, i don't think they'd go for that.

On Jazz Hawk Fat the Neck PU sounds great where it is ... but the Thinline might really benefit . Do you think so ?
    I think you're right.

Is your Exrubato unusually loud for a Semi Hollow unplugged ? As loud and full as the Sadowsky is unplugged ?

Thinking there might be benefits from the light weight on the JZ Exrubato ...?
    I'm not sure how it compares to the sadowsky but definitely louder than any 335 style instrument I've owned.

User Info Menu

Thanks for your input - I actually spoke to Eiichi yesterday and will get some quotes and see what they will do etc.

But need to put them on a simple email.
    Last edited by Robertkoa; 01-13-2019 at 12:09 PM.

User Info Menu

QC is primo. Send some of those 77 guys to Gibson.

User Info Menu

I exchanged emails with them...FYI. Wait time is about 6-8 months

User Info Menu

here's a quick-n-dirty clip. I'm still sick as a dog i didn't use my normal recording setup but I think you can get an idea of how it sounds. Very fat sounding for .010s!

Going through HOF reverb, quilter OD200 amp, 112HD cab.

Looking at the preview reminds me that I need to take the plastic off the pickup covers!

That sounds awesome as usual, Jack. But can’t you make a little faster?

User Info Menu

Jack,
    great effortless playing. You played more individual notes in that one short clip than I’ve played in all of my videos combined.
    You must be very proud to have your own signature model. I would be. Nice going Jack.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Jack,
    great effortless playing. You played more individual notes in that one short clip than I’ve played in all of my videos combined.
    You must be very proud to have your own signature model. I would be. Nice going Jack.
    Joe D
    Thanks Joe,

The feeling of respect and admiration is mutual. As you well know, it's not how many notes you play but which ones and how you play them and you play the right ones the right way.

User Info Menu

Absolutely Jack. I’m glad I really got to know you.
    Honestly, a 335 style guitar really is all the guitar that a player who plays multiple styles will ever need.

Thanks Joe,

The feeling of respect and admiration is mutual. As you well know, it's not how many notes you play but which ones and how you play them and you play the right ones the right way.

User Info Menu

So, is this a one-off custom order with request for a slimmer neck and "as light as possible" or a actual signature model/prototype intended for production?

User Info Menu

Jack you always had absolute monster chops but I have seen you turn from argumentative to a super nice guy full of great knowledge to share. Kudos to you Sir and may your signature model be a big success.
    God bless and get well soon.

User Info Menu

I like the tone, Jack. Has a nice hollowbody vocal quality to it. The fellows at Deviser 77 Guitars really knocked it out of the park. Are those the stock ALS-255 humbuckers or the Mojotone Clone 59s?

I wonder though: do 77 Guitars ensure that all JZ Sigs weigh in at 6.5 pounds, give or take 2 ounces?

You should test the Exrubato Jazz next.

User Info Menu

I hear a lot of the 'acoustic' tone of the guitar in that clip...must be a really vibrant, resonant, semi-hollow. Cool.

User Info Menu

@Mr B- Yeah- and he only has .010s on it.

Most say the Exrubato Jazz ( trapeze tailpiece ) has the fatter tone ..

I wonder if the lightweight center block on his Sig. Guitar is adding to the resonance rather than interfering like the Maple Center Block does on 335s ?

Another one

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    I like the tone, Jack. Has a nice hollowbody vocal quality to it. The fellows at Deviser 77 Guitars really knocked it out of the park. Are those the stock ALS-255 humbuckers or the Mojotone Clone 59s?

I wonder though: do 77 Guitars ensure that all JZ Sigs weigh in at 6.5 pounds, give or take 2 ounces?

You should test the Exrubato Jazz next.
    I'm not sure they guarantee the weight. I didn't know the exact weight until it was completed. I had requested under 7lbs but it was a mystery for about 6 months!

User Info Menu

very nice the guitar sounds surprisingly lively.

is the top thickness still the same? with just a smaller block?

Quote Originally Posted by Carloscepinha
    very nice the guitar sounds surprisingly lively.

is the top thickness still the same? with just a smaller block?
    it doesn't have a smaller block. As far as they told me, it's just lighter wood. I don't know if they are keeping the details a secret. They did mention that they don't weight-relieve the block like gibson does because they want the guitar to have stability...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fred98
    So, is this a one-off custom order with request for a slimmer neck and "as light as possible" or a actual signature model/prototype intended for production?
    Jzucker?