The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 18 of 18

User Info Menu

Man, what a fun lil bugger. Gonna try it on my old Kay arch top too later...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Looks like someone’s had a very Merry Christmas. Very cool sounding pickup and great playing as always Jeff.

User Info Menu

Sounds great. Since I've heard you play before and you can make anything sound good I checked out some other peoples demos of this PU. They all sounded good to me. Good choice.

User Info Menu

Nice! VERY electric Django! What amp and pick are you using?

User Info Menu

Thanks fellas...yes, a great Christmas...I hosted and cooked, so I got to see all my fave family without leaving the house...and I have a wife who will indulge the acquisition of more guitar shit...which is great.

As for pick and amp, I'm using the Dunlop with the gator on it, the black one (2.0mm?)

The amp is a Roland Microcube. No, really.

User Info Menu

That sounds great. And it really captures the guitar. And of course beautifully played as usual.

User Info Menu

I have both the Krivo Nuevo and the Djangobucker. The Djangobucker with it's adjustable polepieces is quite useful with an acoustic archtop. The Nuevo is pretty much voiced/balanced for Argentine type silver strings.

I have a Line 6 Mini-Spyder that I use (on the acoustic setting) for gigs where I need a battery amp. The 6 watt amp (pretty similar to the Roland microcube) with it's cheapo 6.5 inch speaker breaks up enough to mimic the late Django sound pretty well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    I have both the Krivo Nuevo and the Djangobucker. The Djangobucker with it's adjustable polepieces is quite useful with an acoustic archtop. The Nuevo is pretty much voiced/balanced for Argentine type silver strings.

I have a Line 6 Mini-Spyder that I use (on the acoustic setting) for gigs where I need a battery amp. The 6 watt amp (pretty similar to the Roland microcube) with it's cheapo 6.5 inch speaker breaks up enough to mimic the late Django sound pretty well.
    Oh I’ve not tried the Krivo with my Roland Cube Mobile... sounds like fun

User Info Menu

I am seriously thinking about the Krivo humbucker for my 1954 Gibson L50. So far nothing has really worked reliably.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    I am seriously thinking about the Krivo humbucker for my 1954 Gibson L50. So far nothing has really worked reliably.
    Email Jason at Krivo...he''s really helpful and responds quickly, he'll get you set up with the right pickup.

I'm going to try and do a few more videos while I'm off work...but I think this guy is making some real winners.

User Info Menu

I'll second what Jeff says about Jason. Excellent pickup and Jason is a pleasure to work with

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rob taft
    I'll second what Jeff says about Jason. Excellent pickup and Jason is a pleasure to work with
    And he's probably the world's foremost -- and maybe only -- jazz guitarron player! He really rips on that thing.

User Info Menu

My similar vintage L4 doesn't have a suspended board either. I tried a thin KA PAF and an old DeArmond. Both work but sit too close to the bridge for my taste (just below the middle).

If you go for it I'd love to hear what you think.
    - Joe

User Info Menu

Yeah email Jason he’s really helpful

User Info Menu

What a treat. Do your students know you can play like this?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by soljaime
    What a treat. Do your students know you can play like this?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

As for my students, they know I play, but I don't think this would impress them much. Now, cranking up my tele and burning through the "King of the Hill" theme--that always gets everybody smiling.

User Info Menu

I have a Krivo Nuevo that I use with my Gitane DG300
    It nails that 'electric Django' sound - and is very quiet for a single coil

User Info Menu

I have a friend in the same boat, i.e. he is thinking of getting a Krino for his L-48 (might be an L50). Let us know how it goes.