The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

I'm more into playing my guitars than posting pictures of them, but I was playing these 3 today and couldn't help myself. They sound quite different from each other, and all sound just wonderful!

Some Andersen Guitars-img_1390-jpg

Some Andersen Guitars-img_1392-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Which one do you like the best?

User Info Menu

I will take the little guy on the right, thank you. Or if not, the bigger guy in the middle.. Or BOTH.

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    Which one do you like the best?
    I really don't have a favorite. The Streamline, which is the least expensive model is every bit as good as the custom guitars. It does the archtop sound, both acoustic and amplified, just perfectly. And it's so pretty!

The Oval Hole is meant to have a fuller acoustic sound with more bass response. Mine has a 1 3/4 nut and I love it for chord/melody stuff, but it's versatile. I plugged it in to make sure the pickup worked, and it sounds great, but I just play it acoustically.

The Model 14 "Little Archie" also has a lovely acoustic voice. Smaller, of course, but having the hole up close to your ear puts the sound where you can hear it. It really rings out and sustains, almost like a small flat top, but plugged in it has a full arch top sound. The perfect couch guitar. And it probably weighs less than 4 lbs.

What I like about all three is that they are very easy to play, with even response on all the notes and comfy neck profiles. And I appreciate the craft that went into them. I'm fortunate to have such nice guitars and they make me happy every time I play them.

User Info Menu

Beautiful collection!!

User Info Menu

Those are some really sweet guitars. I tend to buy Unity, Heritage and George Benson models. You certainly keep your herd small but each guitar has the class of a fine Bentley...

Gorgeous !!!!

User Info Menu

Those are sweet! Andersen's are so nice to play and have such a rich, clear balanced voice. I've played dozen's of them and one day last year, I got a call offering an incredible opportunity to buy an Emerald City Reserve in which I had an obvious interest. It's the one in the center of the picture taken in October during a session of Andersen acolytes! It was an incredible gathering of player friends of which I'm honored and thankful to be consider a member!
    Peace!
    Some Andersen Guitars-andersen-sisters-4-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    Those are sweet! Andersen's are so nice to play and have such a rich, clear balanced voice. I've played dozen's of them and one day last year, I got a call offering an incredible opportunity to buy an Emerald City Reserve in which I had an obvious interest. It's the one in the center of the picture taken in October during a session of Andersen acolytes! It was an incredible gathering of player friends of which I'm honored and thankful to be consider a member!
    Peace!
    Some Andersen Guitars-andersen-sisters-4-jpg
    Must..resist...urge..too...argh, couch, five archtop guitars, Persian rug...ah, nevermind:
    Attached Images Attached Images Some Andersen Guitars-img_1709-jpg 

User Info Menu

If there is one guitar ive sold in the last two years that I somewhat regret parting with was my custom Andersen Model 17. It was originally Gary Larsen's, then wound up in England - and I brought it back to the US.

The playabilty was just superb and required very little fretting effort. The neck shape was ergonomically perfect for me- and that is what I miss most about that guitar. I just found the sound to be a little sterile/dry for my taste - and the color was just not too appealing - a rather overly red attempt at a violin finish.

However, Andersens have a great reputation for good reason - and many happy owners.

I could certainly see myself aquiring a mint Emerald City in the future - if one presents its at the right price.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Here's my 2013 Vanguard Laminate 16 x 2 7/8". I recently replaced the original Lollar Imperial HB with a Lollar Charlie Christian HB size - besides sounding really good (just as fat on treble strings; more clear on wound strings) it looks killer on this guitar due to the unadorned fretboard.

(not sure why the photos uploaded horizontally...on my phone and by email they were vertical)
    Attached Images Attached Images Some Andersen Guitars-img_5325-jpg Some Andersen Guitars-img_5326-jpg 

User Info Menu

Beautiful. The quality of wood, and craftsmanship are exceptional. A fine specimen from one of the best luthiers to ever walk the planet.

User Info Menu

I own a Streamline very similar to the one in the OP (it is a standard model, after all), and I am having a hard time imagining how acoustic archtops can get better than this. Different, of course, but better? Absolutely flawless instrument. And what a tone!

Quote Originally Posted by ES125er
    I own a Streamline very similar to the one in the OP (it is a standard model, after all), and I am having a hard time imagining how acoustic archtops can get better than this. Different, of course, but better? Absolutely flawless instrument. And what a tone!
    I agree!

It's great to hear from other Andersen owners out there!
    Last edited by Gilpy; 12-15-2018 at 01:17 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    If there is one guitar ive sold in the last two years that I somewhat regret parting with was my custom Andersen Model 17. It was originally Gary Larsen's, then wound up in England - and I brought it back to the US.
    Do you mean Gary Larson, of The Far Side fame?? He is a jazzer from Sea-Tac, so that is a cool story!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Do you mean Gary Larson, of The Far Side fame?? He is a jazzer from Sea-Tac, so that is a cool story!
    Yes- Far-Side Gary.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilpy
    The Model 14 "Little Archie" also has a lovely acoustic voice. Smaller, of course, but having the hole up close to your ear puts the sound where you can hear it. It really rings out and sustains, almost like a small flat top, but plugged in it has a full arch top sound. The perfect couch guitar. And it probably weighs less than 4 lbs.
    I really like that guitar. If I may ask, what is the point of the very short tailpiece? I realize the guitar is smaller, but the string length below the bridge ends up being way longer than normal.

User Info Menu

Anyone played Andersons double top? Impressions?