The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 46 of 46

User Info Menu

In case you missed it: there's a thread in here with somebody trying to decide on Aviator 10 VS 12. If you haven't already, you should check out the Quilter sample vid he posted. Might help with speaker size decision. It's better than nothing....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thanks for the tip
    I went on the Facebook Quilter, tons and tons of info out there!
    The Micro Pro Mach2 8 gets a whole lotta praise from the guys owning it.. Really hard to make up my mind.
    The 101R +Blockdock 10 gets very good reviews also.
    Apparently is has all the volume needed for band situations

User Info Menu

I don't often go to my local music store but I dropped by Friday and was surprised to see three Mach Pro 2 combos: an 8, a 10 and a 12. The 12 lists at $USD 1000 MSRP which comes to $CAN 1300 but the tag on the 12 was $1600! IS it common for them to be listed above MSRP? I'd buy it online first over been had like that.

User Info Menu

In Europe the 8 inch combo is 835€ and the 12 is 935€
    The prices seem very high in your shop, especially for North America!
    The prices for US brands are usually 20% higher (more or so) in Europe.
    Have you had the chance to try them?

User Info Menu

You're lucky to have such a store nearby! Is it possible that was the HD version with the Celestion niodymium speaker? That lists for a couple hundred more at right around $1200 US, putting it right around $1600 Can.

Great speaker BTW. That's what's in my Mach 2 HD extension cab. Light and sweet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    I don't often go to my local music store but I dropped by Friday and was surprised to see three Mach Pro 2 combos: an 8, a 10 and a 12. The 12 lists at $USD 1000 MSRP which comes to $CAN 1300 but the tag on the 12 was $1600! IS it common for them to be listed above MSRP? I'd buy it online first over been had like that.
    Maybe it was a Mach II 12 HD, which lists for about $200 US more that the standard 12. (The difference being the Celestion BN-300s speaker.) That would make more sense.
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 12-17-2018 at 12:47 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jx30510
    In Europe the 8 inch combo is 835€ and the 12 is 935€
    The prices seem very high in your shop, especially for North America!
    The prices for US brands are usually 20% higher (more or so) in Europe.
    Have you had the chance to try them?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccroft
    You're lucky to have such a store nearby! Is it possible that was the HD version with the Celestion niodymium speaker? That lists for a couple hundred more at right around $1200 US, putting it right around $1600 Can.

Great speaker BTW. That's what's in my Mach 2 HD extension cab. Light and sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Maybe it was a Mach II 12 HD, which lists for about $200 more that the standard 12. (The difference being the Celestion BN-300s speaker.) That would make more sense.
    I was scared to try it out -- what if I really like it?! I'll be by again this week and see if it's a HD.

User Info Menu

If it has the HD there is a little label on the front label "HD"

User Info Menu

I was scared to try it out -- what if I really like it?! I'll be by again this week and see if it's a HD.
    If it weighs about the same as the 10", it is the HD model.

User Info Menu

If it has the HD there is a little label on the front label "HD"
    That too, tnx

Quilter Mach Pro 2 : 8 or 12 inch?-quilter-12hd-front-jpg

User Info Menu

Really hard to decide between

# the Blockdock10 TC + 101 reverb
    #the Micro Pro Mach 2 8

The thing is I have a pedal board with OD, Delay, Comp and Tremolo.. Do I really need the Mach Pro with all that

User Info Menu

Really hard to decide between

# the Blockdock10 TC + 101 reverb
    #the Micro Pro Mach 2 8

The thing is I have a pedal board with OD, Delay, Comp and Tremolo.. Do I really need the Mach Pro with all that
    Did you play the MP 8? They say it can be used for acoustic too. But I find that hard to believe without a tweeter. Would like to know.

User Info Menu

Well this video might just answer all my tone doubts concerning the Quilters.
    Ok the subject is pickups and telecaster... but watch in the background...
    ... just a magnificent sound, better or just as good as anything out there.. I would even say better
    I can't figure out if it's a 8, 10 or a 12 inch, but no big deal in the end, I love the sound (and playing)..

Just for your information the guy isn't a dedicated jazz player, just capable of playing in any style.. Very versatile and soulful guitarist, watch his other vids, very enthusiastic and nice to listen in my opinion.

Last edited by Jx30510; 12-21-2018 at 01:17 AM.

User Info Menu

... just a magnificent sound, better or just as good as anything out there.. I would even say better
    I can't figure out if it's a 8, 10 or a 12 inch, but no big deal in the end, I love the sound (and playing)..

Just for your information the guy isn't a dedicated jazz player, just capable of playing in any style.. Very versatile and soulful guitarist, watch his other vids, very enthusiastic and nice to listen in my opinion.

I'm guessing the 8", on the front view you can see a bit of the edge of the speaker through the grill. I asked him, I'll see if he responds.

Another point on these amps, the work really well with pedals if you're into that kind of thing.

User Info Menu

I really love the sound.
    Would you think the clean sound of the 101 Reverb and 10 Tc cab can match the Mach Pro?
    I'm wondering if it's worth going for the MP if I can obtain this sound with the 101...
    Maybe it's not possible, with all the options the MP 2 has, since the MP2 has all those settings capabilities the 101R doesn't have.
    All in all I'm looking forward pulling the triggerin the the days to come..
    MP 8, MP 12 or 101R + 10TC.. That is the question..

User Info Menu

I went to the store yesterday and the 12" combo was gone! So I'll never know if it was a HD, but it could have been. I saw the 10" combo was just under $CAN 1300, and the MSRP of $USD 949 = $CAN 1288.

User Info Menu

good prices at the store in Wisconsin--don't remember the name right now $1000 for 12 HD

User Info Menu

JLeonardJ, the guy in the video, got back to me. That Quilter has the 8" speaker.

User Info Menu

Oh thank you very much for relaying the information
    I will be purchasing this one I think
    I really dig the sound
    Very tasteful

User Info Menu

Well I've - at last - made up my mind and ordered the Mach Pro 2 8 inch.
    I took it over the 101 Reverb + 10 Blockdock for several reasons.. I prefer the combo solution, the Xlr output for recording (i'll be using that for recording live with the band), the different voices, and multiple OD types, and the switch pedal that I also ordered with it, very convenient solution
    And most of all the sound on the J Leonard J video really convinced me.. Just what I want to hear.

And.. I also ordered the Keeley Double Tracker 30 ms.. So amazed with those Mike Stern, Scofield tones, I just had to go for it.

Big Beatles and Lennon fan so I 'll have a great time I imagine Sometimes some demos just explod the GAS waiting somewhere in your head, ready to grab your feeble mind...

I'll report in a few... very long days now

User Info Menu

Well I've - at last - made up my mind and ordered the Mach Pro 2 8 inch.
    I took it over the 101 Reverb + 10 Blockdock for several reasons.. I prefer the combo solution, the Xlr output for recording (i'll be using that for recording live with the band), the different voices, and multiple OD types, and the switch pedal that I also ordered with it, very convenient solution
    And most of all the sound on the J Leonard J video really convinced me.. Just what I want to hear.

And.. I also ordered the Keeley Double Tracker 30 ms.. So amazed with those Mike Stern, Scofield tones, I just had to go for it.

Big Beatles and Lennon fan so I 'll have a great time I imagine Sometimes some demos just explod the GAS waiting somewhere in your head, ready to grab your feeble mind...

I'll report in a few... very long days now
    Hi,
    almost two months have passed, can you tell me what are your impressions on the quilter micropro mach 2 8inch?
    I’m with you, feeling that the micro pro combo has a theoretical advantage to the 101+blockdock cab. If we escalate to the 12hd, it’s 950euros.
    My other contender would be a fender pro jr iv (550€). Being in europe, our quilter supplier would be the same, so regarding the price difference, I appreciate your experienced opinion! Are you happy with your choice?