Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Posts 251 to 253 of 253

User Info Menu

Just got one of these (Junior Barnyard) yesterday... wanted one for years. I've only had a few minutes with it, so no time to explore it at all, but just plugging it in, it sounds pretty authentic to me. I need some time with it, especially since NOTHING is labeled LOL... I've been digging, and I guess one toggle is a bass cut, and the other is a high cut. I'll figure it out.

Now we need to somehow setup a comparison between the JB and the JJ-150! (the "other octal preamp pedal")

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    Just got one of these (Junior Barnyard) yesterday... wanted one for years. I've only had a few minutes with it, so no time to explore it at all, but just plugging it in, it sounds pretty authentic to me. I need some time with it, especially since NOTHING is labeled LOL... I've been digging, and I guess one toggle is a bass cut, and the other is a high cut. I'll figure it out.

Now we need to somehow setup a comparison between the JB and the JJ-150! (the "other octal preamp pedal")
    Here's an image that explains the controls on the Jr. Barnyard pedal: Google Image Result for http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1080/6428/products/Jr_Barnyard_MANUAL_2020_grande.png?v=1604892009

User Info Menu

Yeah, I found that pic, it was helpful. I basically leave both switches UP, which on my pedal means the left toggle (bright switch) is OFF, and the right toggle is UP, which means bass is CUT when I engage the boost side. Right now I'm running the preamp vol on about 10:30 and the boost vol at 0 (still adds gain), which allows me to toggle between 2 different gain settings***, with too much increase in volume.

***similar to the other "octal" pedal(thread here), the LL-150 demo video: they call one side "Oscar Moore" and the gainier side "Junior Banard" LOL

I'd still like to check out the LL-150... for the sole fact that is has a master volume, or output control, if you will. Tavo never puts that on his pedals for some reason, and I find them quite handy... but no complaints about the tones of the JB: Tavo nailed it, imo. And if you have seen the videos of Johnathan Stout using one (in threads here), look them up! It really is like an EH-185 in a box. EHIAB lol
    Last edited by ruger9; 02-28-2021 at 02:51 PM.