The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 49 of 49

User Info Menu

Yeah that’s a great clip, saw it yesterday and was going to post it myself. That’s the sound i want, and why i bought an es175 vos last year. I plugged into my deluxe reverb and compared it to the sound of the clip and luckily I can say I sound exacly the same, just my playing is not as good and I could have payed 40% less..

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Only the three AT Custom models and Westville guitars are finished in nitrocellulose. Indeed, they are more expensive, but definitely worth it. A great alternative is the Seventy Seven Hawk (Jazz). But to my ears the three AT Custom models and Westville guitars sounded better, more open.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Does anyone know if the Archtop Tribute AT105 is finished in nitro lacquer or is Poly? Their reverb ads say absolutely nothing. Thanks in advanced!
    The AT102 is polyurethane, so the AT105 must also be, since the price difference is very small between the two. The AT102 I think it will finish its manufacture this 20218.

My AT175 is finished in nitro.

User Info Menu

Has anybody tried/owned the 330 copy (Archtop Tribute AT130)? I have been searching for a good 330 without ending up very poor and it sounds like the AT has something going on there.. At least from the 175 clip and all the things I read..

I didn't try it, only have seen it. Beautiful guitar. Jesse van Ruller said about it that this guitar is twice as good as a Gibson and twice as cheap...

User Info Menu

Has anyone tried an AT350 or seen a video demo of it they can refer me to? I'm impressed with the tone of the AT105 but like the AT350 because it has one pickup, a 17" body and 25 1/2" scale. I would like to hear one to find out if the tone is as good as the AT105. I am seriously considering getting one.

A few months ago I have tried the AT350. I liked it a lot. It is a great guitar, well-made and excellent price/quality ratio. Here are two videos, same guy (not me), similar model, different pickups.

I have also compared it to the more expensive custom model, the ATC 350BK. That is an even better guitar (actually a Westville). Seventeen inch is not comfortable for me, otherwise I would have bought it. If you can afford it, get this one.

User Info Menu

someone on the forum sold an AT350 last year. I pm'd them and asked them about it and they said that the neck was *HUGE*. Can anyone else who owns one comment on the neck profile?

User Info Menu

"they said that the neck was *HUGE*"

That's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it...

The AT350 is a great looking guitar.

I don't own one, only tried them. I wouldn't describe the neck as *HUGE*. In my memory it is not fatter than, for example, a Seventy Seven neck. Some like it, some don't. To me it felt pretty comfortable. The necks of these AT guitars are modeled after the necks of the similar Gibson models, but I don't remember what years. (It could be 1959.). Hope this helps.

User Info Menu

The guy who sold it had several seventy seven guitars and said it was much fatter than those. I wonder if it was a special order?

That is not what I remember of it, though memories are not always reliable. If you are seriously interested why not get in touch with Masaki at Walkin'? He knows the 77 brand very well as he used to sell them until he started his own Archtop Tribute brand.

User Info Menu

i'm good with guitars ATM. I sold my 175 a while back because with the '63 kessel, i had no reason to use anything else. And the seventy seven exrubato 335 style guitar I have is great. I wouldn't mind having the hawk thinline at some point but currently i'm happy with what I have.

I'm curious but not enough to buy one.

I understand. I have an Exrubato Custom and a Hawk Jazz. Very different guitars but I love them both. The Hawk is very light and as it is a thinline really comfortable to play.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky

All that tone from a JPY148 000 guitar. Gibson may well never make another ES-175 but its spirit will live on in the DNA of its progeny flung far in Japan.
    Notice that Guy # 1 fingers sounds excellent

Guy #2 sounds great really excellent .

Guy#3 gets a bit of a nasal sound - picking just a bit closer to bridge and less focused.

Do you really lose anything by moving that Pickup to fingerboard ?

Great Guitar for the money either way.

I like their ES 150 DC - they copied the original too well though ...basically like a 2.5" to 3 " (?) thick ES 330 - I remember the Gibson version being a nice deeper warmer tone than a 335 330 etc.

From the land of Gotoh - I'd prefer Gotoh locking tuners and stoptail - but I get that it's a Tribute.....
    Last edited by Robertkoa; 01-18-2019 at 12:07 PM.

User Info Menu

it has thunk!

User Info Menu

Mid Depth is 2.5"

Archtop Tribute, Rozeo Ladybug, or...?-screenshot_20190119-072405_samsung-internet-jpg
    +
    Archtop Tribute, Rozeo Ladybug, or...?-screenshot_20190119-081432_samsung-internet-jpg =

Less "thunk" °

In the reverb description or their Site - turns out that they are using their own laminates and pickups ...

If they made a "mid depth " 135 with smaller block - BAM - .

If they will "tribute" a Barney Kessel - maybe they will tribute the Pat Martino stoptail Gibson ...

Anyway - a great resource to get an excellent Guitar which (blasphemy ) might exceed the sound of the originals in some ways .

I had been on that Site before but didn't realize they were made by Westville and of high quality .

My favorite AT so far :

Last edited by Robertkoa; 01-22-2019 at 02:54 PM.

User Info Menu

Hey guys, how are you?

Would anybody know if they make Left Handed Guitars? I'd really be interested in a 175 Type, 2 Pickup AT105 if they do.

Thanks fellas.
    Tommy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tommyga
    Hey guys, how are you?

Would anybody know if they make Left Handed Guitars? I'd really be interested in a 175 Type, 2 Pickup AT105 if they do.

Thanks fellas.
    Tommy
    Yes they do. Archtop tribute AT102L Classic (Left-Handed) NEW Natural / | Reverb
    Just email them or contact them trough reverb.

User Info Menu

Howdy, Walt..how are you?
    I did contact them thru "Reverb" and I got a reply a few minutes ago. They are making the Lefty AT105..but NOT with 2 Humbuckers (which is what I'm really looking for), and they have no plans on making any until 2021 at the earliest!
    Think I might be stuck with a Peerless Gigmaster or an Eastman AR372. Have any of you guys trid/played, or owned both? How do they compare?

User Info Menu

I have to dig up this dead thread... i have an ibanez az 242, which is great, but not really what i need
    somebody offered a Rozeo Ladybug Mahogoany TBC... I can find zero information.. (in english anyway)
    nobody seemed to mention them here, has anybody got experience with these?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I have seen a few of these at Last Guitars when I was in Tokyo, but perhaps not this particular model. In general these are well made guitars. I like their smaller size which is comfortable to play.