The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 107

User Info Menu

How exciting - Im happy for you. This will be an extraordinary guitar. I heard from Bryant the other day - and his ongoing ability to create masterpice guitars continues to reach new heights - and is attracting new admirers.

He will be building me serial number 1150, a celebration model to commemorate his 150th build. I will share the build process - which should take place in about a year.

Keep us posted with the progress !

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That’s the plan Steve...

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    How exciting - Im happy for you. This will be an extraordinary guitar. I heard from Bryant the other day - and his ongoing ability to create masterpice guitars continues to reach new heights - and is attracting new admirers.

He will be building me serial number 1150, a celebration model to commemorate his 150th build. I will share the build process - which should take place in about a year.

Keep us posted with the progress !

User Info Menu

Thanks Bob Trenier Guitars (Luthier Bryant Trenier)

User Info Menu

Since I chose a non-flight case (BAM Hightech) for the guitar, and despite the law requiring most carriers taking off and landing in the USA to try to find storage for carry-on instruments in the cabin; out of caution, I purchased a coach seat for my guitar from France to the USA when Bryant is traveling to the Artisan Guitar Show in April. Interestingly, this was actually less expensive than international shipment with duty (~+$100 over Fedex 3-day coast to coast domestically without purchased insurance)!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7
    Since I chose a non-flight case (BAM Hightech) for the guitar, and despite the law requiring most carriers taking off and landing in the USA to try to find storage for carry-on instruments in the cabin; out of caution, I purchased a coach seat for my guitar from France to the USA when Bryant is traveling to the Artisan Guitar Show in April. Interestingly, this was actually less expensive than international shipment with duty (~+$100 over Fedex 3-day coast to coast domestically without purchased insurance)!

Smart move. I recently returned from Texas with a guitar and purchased a window seat, which was required by many carriers when boarding with an instrument that may not fit in the overhead. The window seat eliminates the need for passengers to climb over the case. It was smooth sailing, and worth the $140 for the extra seat. I just leaned the case againt the seat and wrapped the seat belt around the neck portion of the case. No aniexiety.

User Info Menu

The slow methodical process of carving the Bosnian Maple back is under way. I hope Bryant has a good shop vac!

The Tyrollean Alpine Spruce top has been rough carved, the f-holes roughed out and the spruce x-brace is being fitted.

The rough carved Bosnian Maple back has been glued the the Basswood (more commonly used in violinmaking) kerfed lined, reinforced, Bosnian Maple sides with neck and tail blocks(left). It looks like Bryant is also making a16” archtop as well (right).

The x-braced, rough carved Tyrollean Spruce top is now glued to the rims and back and is ready for refinement.

Last edited by iim7V7IM7; 01-29-2019 at 08:59 PM.

User Info Menu

Bob ,
    Looking great ! Once Bryant mounts the neck to the body - “the guitar is born “ as Jimmy D use to say.

User Info Menu

Bryant has proposed a name for this guitar. He wants to call this model “Artifex”. I honestly had to look up its meaning in the OED (Oxford English Dictionary):

"Early 17th century. From classical artific-, artifex practitioner of an art, expert practitioner of any art, skilled workman, craftsman, artist, performer, maker, creator, author, contriver, perpetrator from arti-, alternative stem of ars + -fex, combining form of facere to do, make."

The name is quite refective the creator of the instrument, the craft used to create it …. Here is a drawing of his proposed simple inlay for the headstock’s Ebony veneer.

User Info Menu

Everything about that headstock screams "sexy deco". I wouldn't change a thing about the shape, script, or inlay.

User Info Menu

Bryant has proposed a name for this guitar. He wants to call this model “Artifex”. I honestly had to look up its meaning in the OED (Oxford English Dictionary):

"Early 17th century. From classical artific-, artifex practitioner of an art, expert practitioner of any art, skilled workman, craftsman, artist, performer, maker, creator, author, contriver, perpetrator from arti-, alternative stem of ars + -fex, combining form of facere to do, make."

The name is quite refective the creator of the instrument, the craft used to create it …. Here is a drawing of his proposed simple inlay for the headstock’s Ebony veneer.

With a name, it can go down in history like the: "Lady Blunt" Stradivarius!

User Info Menu

Very tasteful - I love it.

User Info Menu

Smart move. I recently returned from Texas with a guitar and purchased a window seat, which was required by many carriers when boarding with an instrument that may not fit in the overhead. The window seat eliminates the need for passengers to climb over the case. It was smooth sailing, and worth the $140 for the extra seat. I just leaned the case againt the seat and wrapped the seat belt around the neck portion of the case. No aniexiety.
    Ditto QAman! When I bought Vinny's L5P, I flew to San Francisco to bring it back on the plane. Worked out like a dream. There was not much difference in cost from shipping it, but huge difference in anxiety reduction. And, one of the best parts was meeting and making new friends with Vinny and playing all of his fine collection of instruments.

User Info Menu

Bryant is now about 6-weeks into building of my 17” archtop...

The body is coming right along. It appears to be carved, bound, purfled with the neck joint routed. The subtle shape of the arch, recurve and f-holes in the Italian Alpine Spruce top is now evident. The one-piece Hard Maple neck is also coming together, with the Gaboon Ebony fretboard and peghead veneer and maple binding intalled but still needs to be carved.

Last edited by iim7V7IM7; 02-16-2019 at 03:42 PM.

User Info Menu

Looking great !! It won't be long now- looking forward to seeing the finish accentuate the wood.
    Last edited by QAman; 02-16-2019 at 04:50 PM.

User Info Menu

Steve, you’ll play it in about 7 weeks...

Looking great !! It won't be long now- looking forward to seeing the finish accentuate the wood.

User Info Menu

Bryant is now about 6-weeks into building of my 17” archtop...

The body is coming right along. It appears to be carved, bound, purfled with the neck joint routed. The subtle shape of the arch, recurve and f-holes in the Italian Alpine Spruce top is now evident. The one-piece Hard Maple neck is also coming together, with the Gaboon Ebony fretboard and peghead veneer and maple binding intalled but still needs to be carved.

Looks great already, iim7. I hope to see it in Harrisburg! And to meet you.

User Info Menu

The neck is now on (left)...

User Info Menu

Bryant rough carves the outside of the Bosnian Maple back after the box is closed and the neck is on. This allows him to tap tune the carve and release the recurve in the assembled box where the back and top can interact acoustically.

User Info Menu

Bryant rough carves the outside of the Bosnian Maple back after the box is closed and the neck is on. This allows him to tap tune the carve and release the recurve in the assembled box where the back and top can interact acoustically.

Just like Jimmy D made them. Bryant is the “go to” guy for the D’Aquisto sound. Can’t wait for him to start my SN 1150.

User Info Menu

Bryant has now moved ahead into finishing the guitar. The sunburst and initial clear coats of nitrocellulose lacquer have been applied. He still has about 6 more coats of clear nitro to apply. Since Bryant moved his shop to the south of France a few years ago, many of his sunbursts reflect the local countryside colors of the Uzes area.

User Info Menu

Bryant has now moved ahead into finishing the guitar. The sunburst and initial clear coats of nitrocellulose lacquer have been applied. He still has about 6 more coats of clear nitro to apply. Since Bryant moved his shop to the south of France a few years ago, many of his sunbursts reflect the local countryside colors of the Uzes area.

Beautiful!

User Info Menu

Bob, as you have expended considerable resources supporting the art of lutherie, I hope that this guitar delivers all that you are hoping for! She sure is pretty.....

User Info Menu

Beautiful!

I’m also on Bryants waiting list..next two years.

User Info Menu

Bob,
    It looks fantastic ! A custom build is always an exciting
    process - and in 5 weeks it will be in your hands. Im trying my best to make it to Harrisburg. My good friend Mike M is counting on seeing me and Id certainly love to play this new Trenier.

User Info Menu

Hoo Boy! That color with that figure is really something. Dang...