The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 42 of 42

User Info Menu

Every Polytone I've seen, except the earliest bass model (see below), has the switch.
    1980s Roland Cube 60 Chorus-polytoneface-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ellistan
    I was thinking of maybe putting an Eminence Beta 12A in it. I guess that's what they put in those Henriksen amps. And supposedly can get a really dark tone.
    Really good amps, before you spend try the bass 8-9 mid 8-9 treb 3-4 reverb 2.5 bright pull off.
    on floor tilted.

They are not bright sounding amps, i have 40 & 60 Chorus and 2 Polytones all great, my 40W has Lil Buddy, my 60 Chorus stock orig Roland speaker,not quite as efficient but fine also good bottom end. If still unhappy a Cannabis Rex, (excellent)

User Info Menu

my Roland Cube 60 orange is without the reverb tank. Could you tell me the code of the original reverb tank "8xxxxxx" so I can buy another one?

Thank you

User Info Menu

I just bought an 80s orange cube 100 -- quite love it. Does anyone know if the cabinet size is larger than the 60?

Many thanks in advance,
    Michael

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ellistan
    Update: The amp is back on the ground and sounds pretty damn good again. lol

Still curious if anybody has one of these and has swapped the speaker. Specifically with a cannabis rex. I've read that some people do that replacement but have never heard a sound clip. Also the cannabis rex is a 50w speaker and the cube is a 60w amp.
    I sold my Cube 60 Chorus (only because i have four other amps)
    They sound fine on the floor, i did not change the orig Roland Spk, it was ok tho.
    However i changed my Cube 40 1978 orig Roland Spk put a 10" Eminence Lil Buddy huge difference,
    If i had kept the Cube Chorus i would definitely put a Cannabis Rex in, the 50W & 60W thing is not a problem a CRex can easily handle it.

Those Cubes are a little strange even if they sound a pinch bright when recorded you will hear they are not.

I would never sell my Cube 40. it is just as warm as my Polytones,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sintones
    I just bought an 80s orange cube 100 -- quite love it. Does anyone know if the cabinet size is larger than the 60?

Many thanks in advance,
    Michael
    Yes a little bigger

60W 375 X 435 X 235

100W 396 x 465 x 264

User Info Menu

I have an old Cube that is 100 watts and I like the way it sounds but it has a 15 speaker. It weighs more than my 50 watt tube combo. I prefer a 12 inch speaker for guitar. Is it kosher to put a 12 inch speaker in that enclosure?
    Attached Images Attached Images 1980s Roland Cube 60 Chorus-cube-jpg 

User Info Menu

Been looking for one of these in good condition. If youd be interested in selling it, I'd like to make an offer for $300USD paypal goods/services. Just let me know. Thanks!

User Info Menu

I agree with you on the weight factor... I ended up selling mine... I'm thinking about the JC40 to replace it. It sounds lovely and weights 34 lbs.

User Info Menu

I have two Cube 60 Chorus if you're interested

User Info Menu

i have an issue with chorus - which is clicking nastily when input signal is paused
    can not find schematic anywhere in the web
    Last edited by bromberg; 02-24-2021 at 01:51 PM.

User Info Menu

I have a copy of that if you need it...

User Info Menu

thanks for responding... I've found it in my archive)))

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by floatingpickup
    I When you turn up the reverb control and tap the amp, it makes the typical crash of a functional reverb, but there is no reverb added to the guitar signal. Footswitch doesn’t solve the problem.
    Attachment 52705
    Hi Keith

Did you eventually solve this issue and how? I have the same problem on a grey Cube 60

Thanks
    Sergio

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Joe M
    Hi Keith

Did you eventually solve this issue and how? I have the same problem on a grey Cube 60

Thanks
    Sergio

User Info Menu

I use a gutted orange Cube 60 as an extension cab fitted with a V30.

User Info Menu

Sorry for not introducing myself!

I actually am a bass player now, I have been playing guitar studying jazz for a few years in the 90s...

I had bought this amp for its fat sound that I loved, actually it sat gathering dust for 20 years.
    The pots were cracking like hell but I managed do get rid of that noise with some antioxidant spray.

The spring reverb noise if I tap the box, or if I move it, is still there though.

I did not open it - yet - to check the interior and clean it on the inside

Thanks
    Sir Joe