The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 36 of 36

User Info Menu

Chris, and others, what are you using for strings on your SH s? I've still got the stock Sadowsky roundwound 11s and enjoying them. I'm tempted to to try the Sadowsky JB polished rounds. Anyone using flats?

Latif

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JeanSut
    Thanke you, jazzgtrl4 ! The prs hollowbody are nice guitars . I know a guy who sounds great on it!

best, Chris

Hi yes the PRS is nice, but the neck is a little big for me. Love to get a Sadowsky someday.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Latif
    Chris, and others, what are you using for strings on your SH s? I've still got the stock Sadowsky roundwound 11s and enjoying them. I'm tempted to to try the Sadowsky JB polished rounds. Anyone using flats?

Latif
    I'm using the JB 12-50's on a JH model. I started with the 11-50 flats which were very nice but I prefer a little more liveliness than flats typically offer. I'm prone to string squeak and have had much less of this with the JBs than with conventional roundwounds.

User Info Menu

I have a Jimmy Bruno Sadowsky that I've been using the JB polished 13s on and like them a bunch. I've never tried flats on any guitar and am new to the jazzworld in the past few years. I got the semihollow as a more all around guitar. It does do a lot of styles well. I'm wondering if by moving to flats or the JBs I'll lose some of the versatility in favor of it being another dedicated jazzbox.

A Sadowsky lover I am I must confess!

Latif

User Info Menu

I am happy with a set of D'Addario round wounds 11th with a wound g string . Instead of 11th e string I put a 12th.
    From high to low e string :
    12/14/21/28/38/49

I did like the sadowsky strings that came with the guitar. But they are difficult to get in germany and more expensive.
    I also played a set of 12th on it for a while but found it too stiff.

best, chris

User Info Menu

Just pullled the plug on a Sadowsky Semi Hollow,i cant wait..!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzgtrl4
    Just pullled the plug on a Sadowsky Semi Hollow,i cant wait..!!
    Nice choice... congrats! Post a review once you get it... oh yeah, and pics

User Info Menu

Did you find it in stock or have to wait on an order? What finish? I think your going to be a happy camper.

Latif

User Info Menu

Couldnt find it anywhere in stock Sadowsky doesnt have dealers anymore. Had to order it from Sadowsky. I got the Sienna Burst. Should be sweeet...ill post pics and review. I currently have a 80's 335 CS and an L4 so this should fit in nicely.

I am owner of Sadowsky semi too, and I bauy it from Jhale music

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marcis
    I am owner of Sadowsky semi too, and I bauy it from Jhale music
    Ya Jhale is not a dealer anymore. show some pics. thanks