The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 103

User Info Menu

Fantastic Rob, wonderful sound

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Magnificent sounding and looking guitar and great playing. It should be a keeper.. Keep those video clips coming our way.

User Info Menu

Congrats and play in good health !

User Info Menu

Well, I'd like to thank you all individually, but time is in short supply at the moment (I have a new guitar to play! and many other things to do, unfortunately). So, please note that I appreciate ALL the comments, and thank you for them.

One of my main worries was making such a beautiful instrument sound bad, as I felt I was not just presenting the guitar, but also the luthier. He just wrote to me, giving the thumbs up, so I can relax!

I also worry about misrepresenting the compositions for their composers. I plan to record some of those pieces again, just one per video, as I haven't played them to my satisfaction.

And all of this goes to confirm, that there is no such thing as a solo performer. I'm supported by appreciative people, but also luthiers and composers. And each of them has their own influences and inspirations, and so on back through centuries. We are not alone.

And I can promise you that it's not the last you'll hear from that guitar!

User Info Menu

Class.

User Info Menu

Forget the thumbs up, he should have given you hug!
    You are a good guy Robster. I learn from you. Not sure I can ever emulate your grace exactly, but i'll try..
    Joe D

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Well, I'd like to thank you all individually, but time is in short supply at the moment (I have a new guitar to play! and many other things to do, unfortunately). So, please note that I appreciate ALL the comments, and thank you for them.

One of my main worries was making such a beautiful instrument sound bad, as I felt I was not just presenting the guitar, but also the luthier. He just wrote to me, giving the thumbs up, so I can relax!

I also worry about misrepresenting the compositions for their composers. I plan to record some of those pieces again, just one per video, as I haven't played them to my satisfaction.

And all of this goes to confirm, that there is no such thing as a solo performer. I'm supported by appreciative people, but also luthiers and composers. And each of them has their own influences and inspirations, and so on back through centuries. We are not alone.

And I can promise you that it's not the last you'll hear from that guitar!

User Info Menu

A Masterpiece

Congratulations Rob

Alan

User Info Menu

Someone has to say something negative here.

It's not my guitar. Or me playing it so beautifully.

There, I've said it.

User Info Menu

What a treat to see and hear such a superb instrument fittingly matched to a superb player and interpreter of timeless music. "De Angelis" was sublime. Thank you, Rob. I look forward to more of your playing, and to the delicious sonorities of Mr. Elferink's exemplary instrument.

User Info Menu

Haha. My wife just asked me if someone had said something negative.

Cheers, Alan. It certainly is.

Joe, my wife hasn't stopped laughing at the word grace. I often bang into things, break things. Grace isn't a word used around me.

User Info Menu

citizenk, thank you for your eloquent words. Mr Elferink is aware of this thread, and is very happy with all the nice comments.

User Info Menu

Joe, my wife hasn't stopped laughing at the word grace. I often bang into things, break things. Grace isn't a word used around me.

that's only because you save it all for your music!!! hah

cheers

User Info Menu

Beautiful instrument and playing. It is going be a joy watching the two of you get to know each other

Will

User Info Menu

Forgive me if I say, but I saw this coming from the outset.

The design, the builder, the strings...all the choices made and anticipated to us by Rob were obviously aiming at a sound he had in his mind, and that we could hint from his style.

The result is so... musical...This guitar makes him be him at its best.

Congratulations Rob Mc Killop. You did it.

User Info Menu

Not much more kudos can be added, but I hear the sensitivity of the instrument for sure. You can bash it or tickle it and it rings out with an appropriate degree of volume and quality of timbre. That's the best experience for a discerning player! You can count on a guitar like this to speak your intentions with lots of breathing room to spare, meaning you'll never outgrow it as a player.

Happy for ya Rob... Glad you finally have in your hands what you've probably imagined owning for years.

User Info Menu

Thanks, guys. Those last two comments are particularly interesting. I've had a sound in my head for a long, long time, but never quite found it. Until now. It's both old and new, as is the music I play. I'm a lucky guy. But it took a long time to get here. I sincerely hope you all find what you are looking for!

User Info Menu

Some of us have been singing the praises of 18" archtops for years. There's nothing that can be said better than the sound from that beautiful 18! And to think, it's not even broken in!!! 18's provide a sense of warmth, depth, and sonorous body greater than any smaller archtop I've owned. Once you experience a great 18" nothing else will do. Go big or go home. Great playing too Rob! That should be the last guitar you'll ever need. Thanks for sharing some of your joy!

User Info Menu

Thanks, 2B. And I have to add that the guitar feels very comfortable to me, not large at all. "Just right!" as Goldilocks would say!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    Can't stop smiling, huh Rob? I can't blame you. It's a wonderful sounding guitar. And I doubt you'll need to install a new nut and tuners or get a fret job done. Congratulations.
    lol. What? You bought your 18" Chinese archtop used for 35% of what that guitar costs. You just can't let it go can you. Leave the man's NGD thread alone.

User Info Menu

And I have to add that feels very comfortable to me, not large at all. "Just right!"
    That's what she said!

Hey, I applaud your playing man! That guitar is a beauty inside and out!

User Info Menu

I can't help but believe that Elferink's phone will be ringing for a few more of these.

Really nice sounding guitar and it handles dynamics well.

Congrats.

User Info Menu

2b, I think you got me a little wrong. I'm not complaining, and I did not mean to ruin his NGD. He has a wonderful instrument and knows it. I make what I thought was a gentle joke and get this?

User Info Menu

I thought you were being funny. Made me smile.

PS As if anything anyone says could spoil this day!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps
    I can't help but believe that Elferink's phone will be ringing for a few more of these.

Really nice sounding guitar and it handles dynamics well.

and that was built for robs very specific acoustic wants in mind..with bosset bronze/brass strings..no pup..etc..a true collab

but an elferink 18" pitched at the thom flatwound/dearmond floater sound, i'm sure would be equally amazing

that's the beauty of working with a gent like mr. elferink..he gets it!!!...he's a great luthier and yet a student of classic designs and tone!

i read his regular posts on the (late lamented) prepared guitar site faithfully..always great stuff

PREPARED GUITAR

why i always knew he would be the perfect match with rob!!

cheers
    Last edited by neatomic; 02-22-2018 at 09:03 PM. Reason: add-

User Info Menu

The inspiration that this guitar will give you is priceless. Well done sir!