Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 55 of 55
  1. #51

    User Info Menu

    Put on a new set of regular strings set of 11s like dadarrio XLs.
    Put back pickup bridge pickup down low to bring out more tone.
    Like all guitars of any brand model some are nice and some do not have the mojo but hard to say without playing it.

    SZ

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #52

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by polkzoo
    Put on a new set of regular strings set of 11s like dadarrio XLs.
    Put back pickup bridge pickup down low to bring out more tone.
    Like all guitars of any brand model some are nice and some do not have the mojo but hard to say without playing it.

    SZ

  4. #53

    User Info Menu

    The HJ650 was the first hollow body I ever purchased on line. It came from Portland, OR and I’m in Seattle. That was a safe step. I moved then to sampling a Yamaha AE1200S. An even better archtop. Then to a Guild X500, which at $1800 seemed an expensive purchase. Sold that for $3k. A light went on. There’s money in acquiring the right guitar. Oh boy! This is going to be fun. Well, 105 guitars over a 7 year period, from a couple Gibson L5CES and a Super 400, to a signed Guild Benedetto Johnny Smith, it was a good 7 year ride. Be careful if you buy an HJ650!

  5. #54

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    The HJ650 was the first hollow body I ever purchased on line. It came from Portland, OR and I’m in Seattle. That was a safe step. I moved then to sampling a Yamaha AE1200S. An even better archtop. Then to a Guild X500, which at $1800 seemed an expensive purchase. Sold that for $3k. A light went on. There’s money in acquiring the right guitar. Oh boy! This is going to be fun. Well, 105 guitars over a 7 year period, from a couple Gibson L5CES and a Super 400, to a signed Guild Benedetto Johnny Smith, it was a good 7 year ride. Be careful if you buy an HJ650!
    I have one of those I've stripped of its hardware to re-fit it with pickups, pots/caps, etc. to see what it sounds like. Seems like a good "test bed" archtop body for that kind of project.

  6. #55

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    I have one of those I've stripped of its hardware to re-fit it with pickups, pots/caps, etc. to see what it sounds like. Seems like a good "test bed" archtop body for that kind of project.
    You’ve got skills! That’s a good thing.