Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fun new Fenders

Fun new Fenders

Fenders new parallel universe series has been leaked and I fun it both entertaining, but it also has some guitars that I might consider

First of all the ones that I really like

Then there are the ones that I don't mind
    And then there is one I absolutely hate

eh..weird mish mosh of parts...fender has a history of doin stuff like this...usually not to great response!!! haha

i kinda like the candy apple strat with jaguar/jazzmaster appointments..looks like something hank marvin would play...but even thats a mess!!

change out the pickguard on the filtertron tele and you might have something

cheers
    Last edited by neatomic; 01-12-2018 at 08:11 PM.

The Strat-Jag is cool, the rest, meh.

Fender should take a nod and cash in on what a lot of folks are building themselves, Jazz masters with tele hardware and pickups. I'd be on that like a fly on potato salad.
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action?"

--Adam West, as Batman, 1966.

I like them all. Fender's humour and wit and playfulness are refreshing. Compare Fender Parallel Universe to what were shown by Big G at CES.

This bodes well for Big F.
    Great Deals with Great Folks: max52 (Guild-Benedetto Artist Award); prickards (Ribbecke GC Halfling); Cincy2 (Comins Concert)

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
    Fender should take a nod and cash in on what a lot of folks are building themselves, Jazz masters with tele hardware and pickups. I'd be on that like a fly on potato salad.
    They had an offset telemaster as a limited run recently .. can't remember if it was last year or in 2016.

But this year they give you The Meteora! (Behold)

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic View Post
    change out the pickguard on the filtertron tele and you might have something
    I hoping it looks better in real life .. could easily be tempted by it (It's orange!)

My only reaction is "AAAAACCCKKKKK!!"

I'm with Mr.B on the Strat-Jag. I have a '64 Jag, and the thought of a 25 1/2" rosewood board and a third pup added to the already-rich tonal palette is intriguing.
    Best regards, k

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74 View Post
    I'm with Mr.B on the Strat-Jag. I have a '64 Jag, and the thought of a 25 1/2" rosewood board and a third pup added to the already-rich tonal palette is intriguing.

or go to 30" scale with a bass vi!! hah

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Lobomov View Post
    Fenders new parallel universe series has been leaked and I fun it both entertaining, but it also has some guitars that I might consider

Then there are the ones that I don't mind
    And then there is one I absolutely hate
    The first 3 have me intrigued

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic View Post
    eh..weird mish mosh of parts...fender has a history of doin stuff like this...usually not to great response!!! haha
    When did Willie G. Davidson start designing guitars?
    -- Bob

Fun new Fenders-fender-limited-edition-whiteguard-strat-jpg
    Now that's righteous. I was thinking about doing this to my old Strat, but with a Strat scratchplate.

Fun new Fenders-jaguar-strat-jpg
    I like this but the chrome volume and tone control looks wrong.

Fun new Fenders-fender-limted-edition-tele-thinline-super-deluxe-jpg
    But this looks lush, 13 gague roundwounds for bridge p/u twanng! Yeah, as Jabbers says lose the scratchplate and you've got a winner.
    “When a wise man points at the moon the fool considers the finger.”

guitars like guitars

Here on GearNet is a leak of the upcoming Jazz Telecaster. Looks like a mashup of the Telecaster and the Jazz Master.
    Fun new Fenders-jazz-telecaster-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lobomov View Post

Hmm, it's a thinline Cabronita! Like this one a lot, though the pickguard material is quite odd. Wouldn't mind seeing a white MOTS in the same shape, which probably just goes to show how perverse I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone View Post
    Here on GearNet is a leak of the upcoming Jazz Telecaster. Looks like a mashup of the Telecaster and the Jazz Master.
    They come in seafoam too!

Fun new Fenders-fender-limited-edition-jazz-tele-jpg

FWIW, I find the Jazz Tele quite interesting. A Tele with a couple of Jazz Master pickups would be pretty good sounding, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone View Post
    FWIW, I find the Jazz Tele quite interesting. A Tele with a couple of Jazz Master pickups would be pretty good sounding, IMO.
    Couple of the nicest Tele's I've heard recently had a P90 in the neck and rest standard Tele bridge and PUP. That Tele bridge plate and round bridge pieces play a important part in the Tele's sound.

Mmh, these hybrid Strat-Tele‘s and Tele-Strats have been available from Warmoth for quite a while ... I kind of dig them ... but if I am jonassing for anything in the Fender realm it is a P90 tele. Still going back and forth whether the bridge pickup should also be P90. Do they make P90 Tele bridges?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank67 View Post
    Mmh, these hybrid Strat-Tele‘s and Tele-Strats have been available from Warmoth for quite a while ... I kind of dig them ... but if I am jonassing for anything in the Fender realm it is a P90 tele. Still going back and forth whether the bridge pickup should also be P90. Do they make P90 Tele bridges?

A couple of companies make a short Tele bridge that stops right after the bridge pieces so anytype of pickup route can be put in the bridge position.

Nickel Vintage Style Short Telecaster Bridge | Allparts.com

Of all the Fender's I've never owned a JazzMaster and was thinking of building a combination Tele and JazzMaster. A Tele body, neck, controls then a JazzMaster vibrato and bridge, probably two P90 or JazzMaster PUPs. Set it with the shimmed neck like Leo did for the archtop like string break across the bridge.

This is one 2018 Fender that piques my interest. Eric Johnson hollow body strat.

Fun new Fenders-qtresql-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by docbop View Post
    A couple of companies make a short Tele bridge that stops right after the bridge pieces so anytype of pickup route can be put in the bridge position.

Nickel Vintage Style Short Telecaster Bridge | Allparts.com

Of all the Fender's I've never owned a JazzMaster and was thinking of building a combination Tele and JazzMaster. A Tele body, neck, controls then a JazzMaster vibrato and bridge, probably two P90 or JazzMaster PUPs. Set it with the shimmed neck like Leo did for the archtop like string break across the bridge.
    I'm actually considering the opposite--a JM body with tele bridge pup, but JM neck pup.

Jazzmasters are really comfortable to play seated.
    Last edited by mr. beaumont; 01-13-2018 at 03:56 PM.
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action?"

--Adam West, as Batman, 1966.

I really like this one. It has attitude. The only thing that I'd change is the knobs for Fender amp knobs like Muddy did. Never been a fan of Tele knobs.

Quote Originally Posted by rob taft View Post
    This is one 2018 Fender that piques my interest. Eric Johnson hollow body strat.

Fun new Fenders-qtresql-jpg
    The Fender CE-something that was interviewed on GuitarWank mentioned a thinline strat was coming out, he didn't say it would be a Eric Johnson model. Does look interesting.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and speculate that whoever is coming up with these has seen Reverend's stuff and likes and admires it, and wondered why Fender hasn't thought out of the box for a while. Nothing wrong with fun, stop being so sober-sided for a change. Good for them, whoever they are.

Reverend Guitars - Buckshot

Reverend Guitars - Jetstream 390

They couldn't be more un-appealing to me if they paid me to!

Sorry...
    Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
    Milano, Italy
    https://soundcloud.com/theodore-koja...hy-bro-project
    Hy-Bro Test Sound Files

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed