The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 68 of 68

User Info Menu

I have the early LJ the aux makes horrible ungrounded noise ??? the amp sounds fine with any of my 9 guitars just like Lawson,s audio clip. Where is neutral on the eq ??? thanx mickmac

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have been assured by MF that it is the new version (I assumed such since it is backordered until 4/9) and said that if it is not then I can return it with free shipping both ways.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rdwhitti
    I have been assured by MF that it is the new version (I assumed such since it is backordered until 4/9) and said that if it is not then I can return it with free shipping both ways.
    Excellent. Any idea how long the 20% code will be valid?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wengr
    Excellent. Any idea how long the 20% code will be valid?
    I don't know but it used to say on their website. April 18 I believe.

User Info Menu

Neutral EQ is with the knobs at 12 o'clock. It's not a Fender.

User Info Menu

I don't know but it used to say on their website. April 18 I believe.
    thanks for the info, where do i find the 20% code?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzgtrl4
    thanks for the info, where do i find the 20% code?
    I think it's right on the MF webpage for the amp.

User Info Menu

I see that MF and other retailers keep setting back the expected in stock date.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wengr
    I see that MF and other retailers keep setting back the expected in stock date.
    Mine finally shipped, I should have it tomorrow.

User Info Menu

I'm really wanting to try the CMT version of the DV Mark Micro 50. Have this feeling it would sound great.
    MD

User Info Menu

Mine finally shipped, I should have it tomorrow.
    My Little Jazz arrived last night but I only got to play on it for a very short time. My initial impression was quite good. I put it on my desk at ear level and it sounded clear and articulate with the tone controls all at 12 o'clock (neutral). Tweaking just the bass did not seem to have much response, but I only had a few minutes to test. The small speaker is not a problem for me at home. More later when I post a NAD.

User Info Menu

The Little Jazz is somewhat sensitive to both elevation and distance from a wall or other obstruction in the rear. The rear ports cause it to need a little distance from a wall, a foot or so, to sound best. Flat on the floor it has a lot of bass, but that decreases as it's elevated or tilted. When I first got mine I thought it needed to be elevated, but as time goes by I'm liking it better just flat on the floor. The tone controls are not as quickly effective as on some amps, so you may need to make larger adjustments than you're used to on some other makes. But I mostly just run it flat, with maybe a little treble rolled off, depending on the room and the guitar.

User Info Menu

So QUIET ! I am used to playing through my DRRI and always thought of it as quiet, but man this Little Jazz is absolutely silent until I pluck a string or strum a chord! It is a little eerie...

User Info Menu

So QUIET ! I am used to playing through my DRRI and always thought of it as quiet, but man this Little Jazz is absolutely silent until I pluck a string or strum a chord! It is a little eerie...
    Great to hear (or not hear!) Mine is showing as out for delivery today, so waiting in anticipation.

User Info Menu

How would you compare their headroom?

User Info Menu

No idea about the Fender, but I've used my Little Jazz in blues jams so loud I needed better earplugs, and never came close to running out of headroom. I had the volume on the amp not much above 12 o'clock, and I was as loud as anyone, louder than I like. I quit going to that jam because it's so friggin' loud, and mostly rock to boot, but the Little Jazz held its own against much bigger amps without breaking a sweat.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    No idea about the Fender, but I've used my Little Jazz in blues jams so loud I needed better earplugs, and never came close to running out of headroom. I had the volume on the amp not much above 12 o'clock, and I was as loud as anyone, louder than I like. I quit going to that jam because it's so friggin' loud, and mostly rock to boot, but the Little Jazz held its own against much bigger amps without breaking a sweat.
    Agreed, I think you could say that headroom in the Little Jazz is for most purposes infinite. Even the DRRI gets quite loud and still stays clean (after all, Leo Fender supposedly was endlessly chasing clean as the ideal); it will beak up but at that point it is quite loud, at least to me.

User Info Menu

I have owned a Lil Jazz, the second version with the internalized fan, and love it. Unfortunately it is not loud enough for me to gig with. Recently picked up an open box DV Mark 208 cabinet for $200 and plugged it into the Lil Jazz with the internal speaker active giving the rig a 4 ohm signal to the speakers. Man, it sounds amazing! Now have the headroom and volume and a cab that I can run in stereo if I want. It weighs 22lbs and is on sale for $250 from time to time.

Highly encourage Lil Jazz owners to give one a try. You will love it!

i have tried a stereo setup with the Lil Jazz on one side and a Vox MV50 Clean the other using stereo Chorus and Reverb. The stereo sound is nice but not ideal where the two speakers are in the one cabinet. The cab is 8 ohms in mono and 16 ohms per speaker in stereo.