The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 48 of 48

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzgtrl4
    Very interesting, never heard of the LS-15 either. Wonder if Sadowsky will have one at the Namm show. I guess ill find out. Does the LS have the 1 11/16 nut or 3/4?
    1-3/4"

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

How are you buying this guitar?

Importing to Italia from Japan yourself?

That should require the sale of your ‘villa toscana’ to finance it?

I am sure you will love this guitar. Looking forward to hearing how you like it (and hearing some playing on it.)

Chris

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ptchristopher3
    How are you buying this guitar?

Importing to Italia from Japan yourself?

That should require the sale of your ‘villa toscana’ to finance it?

I am sure you will love this guitar. Looking forward to hearing how you like it (and hearing some playing on it.)

Chris
    Yes, I bought directly in Japan, I did not need to sell the villa in Tuscany, I was able to sell the one in Rome!

I hope you'll arrive soon, let's see if I fall in love!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by valevitti
    Yes, I bought directly in Japan, I did not need to sell the villa in Tuscany [...]
    Great, because my wife and I still plan to spend the summer at your place in Tuscany.

User Info Menu

I hope you'll arrive soon, let's see if I fall in love!
    I suspect: ...too easily.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ptchristopher3
    Great, because my wife and I still plan to spend the summer at your place in Tuscany.
    I wait for you! especially if your wife is young and beautiful ...

Joking aside, I put a search announcement for Sadowsky or Benedict but in the end I decided for the Sadowsky because compared to the Benedict Child seems more versatile then I saw on the net some Child and Benny with the paint of the whole top split .. the glossy part makes cracks both on the flat part and in the joints, I would not be a congenital defect of these models.

Has it ever happened to you?
    Attached Images Attached Images Sadowsky LS-15-img_7612-jpg 
    Last edited by valevitti; 01-08-2018 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Photo

User Info Menu

Wow, google translate does some funny things - Benedict Child somehow does not work as a guitar name.

The Benedetto Bambino, has a lacquer finish that could indeed be more easily damaged than the decidedly robust (i wonder how google with translate that to Italian) Sadowsky guitars.

But in my opinion, Benedetto guitars are not at all subject to unusual finish checking or damage.

But I think the two pickup LS-15 will be an incredibly versatile and great sounding guitar.

User Info Menu

Hahaha! you're right I forgot to replace the two words! I talk about this in photos and other similar but at the joints, I have seen on more instruments even quite recent and for me can not be caused bad care.

Sadowsky LS-15-img_7612-jpg

User Info Menu

In my opinion and experience, the joints are where the grain directions cross. This makes it exactly the place for a finish crack if the guitar is subject to unusual temperature and humidity changes.

But getting what you want for the reasons you want is the ultimate luxury. I am sure you will love the LS-15.
    Last edited by ptchristopher3; 01-08-2018 at 08:14 PM. Reason: fixed confusing sentence

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    I sent an email to Sadowsky on Fri asking about availability outside Japan.
    I heard back from Sadowsky. They will be begin offering them in the West some time in the next several months. They have one in the shop (NYC) if anyone wishes to try one out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    I heard back from Sadowsky. They will be begin offering them in the West some time in the next several months. They have one in the shop (NYC) if anyone wishes to try one out.
    Being all Sadowsky archtops made in Japan, it doesn't surprise me the Asian market being served first.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LtKojak
    Being all Sadowsky archtops made in Japan, it doesn't surprise me the Asian market being served first.
    Yeah, there are a LOT of cool and unique Sadowskys available in Japan, including a blue Jim Hall(!)

Sadowsky guitar | eBay

Sadowsky LS-15-sadowsky-blue-jpg

User Info Menu

Just arrived !!!

simply fantastic ...

Sadowsky LS-15-img_7873-jpgSadowsky LS-15-img_7872-jpgSadowsky LS-15-img_7871-jpg

User Info Menu

Superb as expected. Congratulations.

Is the sound as great as expected?

And marble columns as well!

User Info Menu

WOW!
    Once Sadowsky makes these (or the SS15/semihollow) in a plain-top version, I'll get into trouble...

User Info Menu

valevitti - Congratulations! Sadowskys are terrifically made guitars - I'm sure you'll enjoy yours!

User Info Menu

I played the LS-15 at the namm show, wow was really nice. i want one now. congrats

User Info Menu

Just arrived !!!

simply fantastic ...

Sadowsky LS-15-img_7873-jpgSadowsky LS-15-img_7872-jpgSadowsky LS-15-img_7871-jpg
    That's quite the beautiful instrument. And I simply LOVE the contrast of the black hardware and binding with the light sunburst. If it plays just half as good as other Sadowskys I've played, you're in for a treat.

May you enjoy it for many years to come in good health.

Cumplimenti ancora!

Pepe
    Milano, Italy

User Info Menu

Looks a little like the Jimmy Bruno with a longer scale.

Congrats! I am interested.

User Info Menu

Please do share some sound clips of your beautiful Sadowsky, we want to be certain that it sounds as good as it looks!

User Info Menu

Anybody pickup or played this guitar?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    Anybody pickup or played this guitar?
    Not personally, but SoundPure has a brief demo up on the yoo.

User Info Menu

I was surprised to see this guitar joins the body at the 16th fret. I thought most archtop guitars joined at the 14th fret. Is this unusual as I think it is? It does not take a lot for me to get confused. :-)