The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

View Poll Results: Which Gibson model would you most like to see reissued?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • ES-150

19 16.81%
  • ES-250

17 15.04%
  • ES-350

34 30.09%
  • L-7

17 15.04%
  • ES-125

26 23.01%
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 56 of 56

User Info Menu

Could Gibson compete with Salman replicas? Doubtful. Tiny as it is, that market is served. Personally I'd go with a Salman, for a third of the cost - they look great + Metheny loves them , or a Japanese alternative, or a used Gibson.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I was not thinking about the 300, but rather this one:

New Loar LH-700-VS

compared to

2005 Gibson Custom Shop 1934 L-5 Reissue

The second one costs 3X what the first one costs.

This has little bearing on the question, but years ago I owned the real '34 L5 that Gibson used as a pattern for the RI.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    ES350 3 knob but yes sadly it will never happen. We are a dying breed close to extinction.
    My son plays guitar. Les Paul’s and SG’s. He always says “why to you play those stupid big guitars”.
    If I gave him a L5 he would just trade it for a Strat.
    You should kick him out of the house and trade his stupid planks for a nice acoustic archtop with a 12th-fret neck-join and no cut-away, to really rub it in! Not all young people are like that, you know. Some choose hollow-bodies exclusively and dream of owning an 18" Super 400 acoustic. Those The Loar people should get on that chop chop.

p.s. I voted ES-150

User Info Menu

Add the discontinued ES175 to the list. Out of production 4 years now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Add the discontinued ES175 to the list. Out of production 4 years now.
    I still can't wrap my brain around Gibson discontinuing the ES175. They just gave up on one of their most iconic archtops.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler
    I still can't wrap my brain around Gibson discontinuing the ES175. They just gave up on one of their most iconic archtops.
    I agree--hopefully they will reissue it at some point.

It may be that it was just too hard to sell in any volume at the prices they wanted to sell it for. Kind of like Alfa Romeo with its sedans.