The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

Hi guys,

Just came across this beauty on Instagram. Check the other photos, the back is so pretty!
    Merry Christmas to all,

Instruments — Yanuziello Stringed Instruments

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

one of the best current/hip luthiers out there...in canada!...frisell was into his stuff deep

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    one of the best current/hip luthiers out there...in canada!...frisell was into his stuff deep

cheers
    It was the first time I came across his guitars. The details are amazing. Love the perloid type binding on some of his electrics.

User Info Menu

I'm not normally fond of black instruments but that thing has an amazing finish...

User Info Menu

Looks like a very fine Bespoke reproduction of the original Loyd Loar L-5. I'm sure it's a wondeful instrument and it will make it's owner quite happy. For me if I was to have an instrument of that caliber built, I'd rather opt for something that would have a modern take on this design. I'd encourage the luthier to use his or her imigination and the sky is the limit. As long as it serves a musical function i.e. a cutaway, sound ports,etc,

User Info Menu

Nice!
    I've played one of his small-body, hollow electrics -- wonderful instrument!

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Nice!
    I've played one of his small-body, hollow electrics -- wonderful instrument!
    Those made me curious.. the hollow body, no f-holes. Does it feel like what? And does it come across the tone?

User Info Menu

The Yanuziello Carmen Elle was USD12500.00 in 2012, just in case anyone is curious. I don't know what it is today.

A Collings AT-16 is about this price when one comes on the market.

Other L5s of this ilk are the Jackson Cunningham ($8500), Andrew Mowry ($6500), Steve Gilchrist (don't ask) and Paul Duff ($10000), Daniel Slaman (€7250), Maurice Dupont, Rodrigo Shopis (manouche style L5). I am sure there are others.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 12-24-2017 at 04:34 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JPG
    Those made me curious.. the hollow body, no f-holes. Does it feel like what? And does it come across the tone?
    Forum member Jostein G. playing one:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JPG
    if you like those type of specs, you might also like this guitar from one of our own forum members here..grez!

grez guitars

cheers
    Last edited by neatomic; 12-24-2017 at 05:52 PM.

User Info Menu

Joe is an old friend and a superb builder at the top of his game. His instruments are all beautifully designed, built and detailed. He makes some of his own hardware, including knobs, bridges and tailpieces. He has a sterling reputation among players and other luthiers, built over a career that spans nearly 40 years, and instrument pricing that reflects all of that.

The Carmen Elle in the pix was built for David Gillis. He'd be happy to build you one - just throw many thousand dollar bills at him until he agrees.

Same goes for his semis - he built only three of them before deciding that they were "too much work." I had two of them and kept one. I'm sure he'd build another one - again, just throw many thousand dollar bills at him until he agrees.

Koa top, mahogany back/neck, ebony board/guard:

Last edited by Hammertone; 12-24-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Forum member Jostein G. playing one:

Great tone!, and you can definitely hear the hollow body in there. Also sounds like a very versatile guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Joe is an old friend and a superb builder at the top of his game. His instruments are all beautifully designed, built and detailed. He makes some of his own hardware, including knobs, bridges and tailpieces. He has a sterling reputation among players and other luthiers, built over a career that spans nearly 40 years, and instrument pricing that reflects all of that.

The Carmen Elle in the pix was built for David Gillis. He'd be happy to build you one - just throw many thousand dollar bills at him until he agrees.

Same goes for his semis - he built only three of them before deciding that they were "too much work." I had two of them and kept one. I'm sure he'd build another one - again, just throw many thousand dollar bills at him until he agrees.

Koa top, mahogany back/neck, ebony board/guard:

Thanks for the info, Hammertone.
    Though I'm not planning to buy one Carmen Elle (in this lifetime, at least) I'll sure keep checking his creations. It's inspiring just to look at these beauties.
    And wonderful specimen you have there, too!

User Info Menu

Btw, came across this post going over the build process of a Yanuziello Carmen Elle: Yanuziello - Gibson L-5

He does beautiful work. I love his electric lap steel design.

User Info Menu

That guitar is IT for me.

Cutaways are for the weak.

That finish is amazing.

Wonder how it sounds? X bracing. Different from an early L5 perhaps?

User Info Menu

Saw on the Yanuziello Instagram feed that he's making another "Elle-5". That's some pretty amazing birdseye.