The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 101 to 104 of 104

User Info Menu

Ran across a photo of a rosewood bridge without any modifications to the area under the thumbwheels like mine has.

From #93 above…
    The notches under the saddle for the thumb wheels were likely added later to lower the bridge height for easier playing due to the neck angle pulling up over the years.

Just a curiosity thing.

Tom

I need to learn about Archtop Bridges-840f2763-9eb4-4e44-9bef-4aae0ba394ba-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It took me at lease 20 years to realize I hated wood bridges. Metal warms, focuses the sound and might increase sustain in my unpopular opinion.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SOLR
    I know it's an old thread,

But what was the outcome Joe?

S
    Matt made JD a killer bridge. It was in the vein of a Jimmy D’Aquisto style, featuring a wider base. I liked it so much that I immediately ordered one from Matt for my archtop.

The archtop came alive with much greater sustain and tone. I was floored how much difference the bridge made. Unfortunately Matt Cushman has retired.

I need to learn about Archtop Bridges-ed3d57d8-5186-4f81-93ef-78a310fe42cb-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Matt made JD a killer bridge. It was in the vein of a Jimmy D’Aquisto style, featuring a wider base. I liked it so much that I immediately ordered one from Matt for my archtop.

The archtop came alive with much greater sustain and tone. I was floored how much difference the bridge made. Unfortunately Matt Cushman has retired.

I need to learn about Archtop Bridges-ed3d57d8-5186-4f81-93ef-78a310fe42cb-jpeg
    Thx for the update.....

too bad Matt retired

S