The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 57 of 57

User Info Menu

So who wants to try a few of these custom poster companies and let us know which one works best?

custom posters - Bing

https://www.vistaprint.com/lpt/poste...325&GNF=0&rd=1

Custom Poster Printing Overnight | Posterprintshop.com

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Played a Gibson L-5 WesMo for the first time-wes-jpgPlayed a Gibson L-5 WesMo for the first time-wes2-jpgPlayed a Gibson L-5 WesMo for the first time-wes3-jpg

User Info Menu

Man Stringswinger, the sounds that go with those images are what inspired many of us, iconic!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNote
    Doctor Jeff, do you happen to have a high res version of this picture? I'd like to print it out and hang it on the wall - but it shouldn't be too small ....
    I have looked for a way to get a nice print, as well. I finally remembered seeing the "Getty Images" watermark on a variety of images and wondered if they might have something, and voila! (you have to cut and paste, it won't allow an embedded link):

http://www.gettyimages.com/photos/wes-montgomery?family=editorial&phrase=wes%20montgomer y&sort=mostpopular#license

The challenge is, they are expensive. I don't know if you could get a high res print if you licensed the digital media for 12 months for $200 to $300 or not. The cheapest path seems to be $49 for a web level resolution, which wouldn't be all that great for a nice print.

If someone wanted to go in on this, say 4 or 5 guys, and we agreed on the same print, maybe we could split the licensing for a year and all get the opportunity for a nice hi res print that we could frame individually (?)

User Info Menu

Here's some messing with a screen shot from that site, lots you can do with that, without buying a full res image:

Played a Gibson L-5 WesMo for the first time-wes-175-jpgPlayed a Gibson L-5 WesMo for the first time-wes-blue-jpgPlayed a Gibson L-5 WesMo for the first time-wes-brown-jpgPlayed a Gibson L-5 WesMo for the first time-wes-contrast-jpg

User Info Menu

Very nice work, yebdox! It shows to go ya', resolution isn't everything in art.

Okay, except maybe in a ii-V-I.

User Info Menu

Thanks, Flat, no work at all, used a few filters from an app called “Painnter”. I think the filtering would smooth out the pixelation on a screen grab (the first black and white image) and generate something printable in a larger format. I like the last one the best, but there’s more to try, along with a some other work that could generate a nice poster sized image. If I get that far, I will share it here and folks can download and print it, if they like.