The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 57 of 57

User Info Menu

Hi Meggy,

I'd been looking at John Anthony's pickups for some time but this thread convinced me to take the plunge! The pickup, made to order with a custom depth, arrived just six days after placing my order.

Looking forward to getting it installed in a couple of days!

Ibanez JP20 with John Anthony Guitars CC Pickups-img_2747-3-jpg

Ibanez JP20 with John Anthony Guitars CC Pickups-img_2748-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    Hi Meggy,

I'd been looking at John Anthony's pickups for some time but this thread convinced me to take the plunge! The pickup, made to order with a custom depth, arrived just six days after placing my order.

Looking forward to getting it installed in a couple of days!

Ibanez JP20 with John Anthony Guitars CC Pickups-img_2747-3-jpg

Ibanez JP20 with John Anthony Guitars CC Pickups-img_2748-jpg
    Looks superb - I do hope it works out as well for you as the one I fitted did for me. Nice guitar! what model is that, may I ask?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Meggy
    Looks superb - I do hope it works out as well for you as the one I fitted did for me. Nice guitar! what model is that, may I ask?
    Hi Meggy,
    Sorry for the slow reply. It's a Maryan model by the Italian luthier Domenico Moffa. I've had the pickup installed for a couple of months now and am very happy with it. A friend has a '60s Gibson L7 with a real Charlie Christian pickup and the JAG pickup comes very close.

Unfortunately John Anthony passed away in July so his pickups are no longer available.

Ibanez JP20 with John Anthony Guitars CC Pickups-img_3511-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    Hi Meggy,
    Sorry for the slow reply. It's a Maryan model by the Italian luthier Domenico Moffa. I've had the pickup installed for a couple of months now and am very happy with it. A friend has a '60s Gibson L7 with a real Charlie Christian pickup and the JAG pickup comes very close.

Unfortunately John Anthony passed away in July so his pickups are no longer available.

Ibanez JP20 with John Anthony Guitars CC Pickups-img_3511-jpg
    Lovely guitar, and the pickup really does look like it belongs there. I didn't know about John Anthony's passing, and very sad to hear about that. A nice chap, and he certainly made some great and unique stuff - I would definitely have gone back for more.

User Info Menu

Hello David B,

Your Moffa Maryann looks fanntastic with the John Anthony CC Blade floating pickup. Do you have any soundclips of it? Would like to hear John Anthony's handiwork. Sorry to learn of his passing.

Did you consider Colin Cosmini's C90 of CCUK-which has the unfortunate anagram CUCK...old?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbow
    Nah mate, Royal Enfield.

Bof bof bof. ...

Wah! 65mph. Urban warrior 74mpg and pennies to insure as I'm an old git.

This thread has enabled me to post up a picture of a punk guitarist, a mellow motorcycle and this.....

Ah, yes. Charlie Christian pickups. Ahem. Where were we?
    We're right here :

User Info Menu

It looks awesome, David! Wondering about the sound - have any soundclips?