The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 95 of 95

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by h1pst3r88
    ^ That just made me laugh out loud!

(actually anything BM makes is tough to get out of mind!)

I sorta took what you guys said wrong for a moment or two. Trust me fellas, I've loved cooking all my life. My Dad used to take me to "the Plant" (Newly Weds Foods, look them up) and remember seeing men in "the lab" experimenting with coatings for their customers. Think Mrs. Pauls, Grotons, think the stuff covering the Blooming Onion... Yeah Newly Weds Foods products. Nobody in my generation wanted to work for my grandfather (he was tough) but when we all grew up guess what, we were the biggest damn foodies out there. LOL...

All my grown life I loved cooking. Relocating made me learn how to make deep dish pizza, chicken en mole, all kinds of stuff I used to get back home. And any time I went in a restaurant I'd say "damn that is good, I gotta learn how to make that". Still do...

Wish we could all sit down and share some food and play guitars...

Big

Big

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

yeah cooking is an art same as guitar playing...tons to know... lots of work and skill required...pleasurable, and both great ways to spend an afternoon or evening!!

just don't get any garlic on the fretboard!! haha

cheers

User Info Menu

BigMike,

That was said with the utmost respect for your culinary chops! Only YOUR oxtail stew could divert our collective attention from the new Citation!

In fact, I was just telling my 14yo about you today. I said that one of these days I was going to take you up on one of your very gracious invites for dinner -- even though Chicago is a hell of a commute from Boston for dinner

One of these days -- just let me know the red wine that you prefer!

Hope you are feeling better!!

-Chris

User Info Menu

I say we charter a bus and head to Mike's for dinner. After dinner Cognac, cigars, and playing the best guitars in the world.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    I say we charter a bus and head to Mike's for dinner. After dinner Cognac, cigars, and playing the best guitars in the world.
    BigMike's Guitar and Gastronomic Festival... that should be a yearly pilgrimage. I'd be in every year!

User Info Menu

ROAD TRIP

Toga
    Toga
    Toga !!!!!

"Do you mind if we dance wit yo dates ??"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    sign me up. I'm retired with all the time in the world!

User Info Menu

I'm not retired but wouldn't miss such a meetup for anything. Can't even imagine how much I could learn from you all!

...and the food, people, the food!

Seriously, my family is thinking about a springtime trip to Wrigley as we've never been.

User Info Menu

notice how the word Citation simply flows off the lips...it's as gratifying as gazing a beautiful woman strolling down the avenue in a red dress on a hot summer day...don't get me started.

BM, I'd like to share Gumbo recipe's with you....Louisiana style, oh yeah!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeinNJ

Jazznote,

Wasn't that the last year Gibson was in KZ ?? Olivia's now has THIS ONE for sale on Reverb.

Gibson CITATION #14 electric archtop featured in 1975 Gibson | Reverb

Like dogs to me, they're all precious in their own unique way.

Big
    What amazes me is the huge price difference. The one built by Aaron sold in August this year for a little over 10k and this one is priced at 30k being only 10 years older.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    yeah cooking is an art same as guitar playing...tons to know... lots of work and skill required...pleasurable, and both great ways to spend an afternoon or evening!!

just don't get any garlic on the fretboard!! haha

cheers
    Well this does make sense: in German Koch means Cook, so Greg finally made it to the right place ...

User Info Menu

Rain is on the way, no bright sun, and trying to shoot in this overcast produces a lot of reflections, BUT I wanted to show off the spruce in the top some so posted these full sized shots, hope you enjoy them.

Big

Attachment 47278Attachment 47279Attachment 47280Attachment 47281
    The lacquer looks appropriately light for a nice acoustic response. You can see the rippling from the grain. Just beautiful.

User Info Menu

Yeah Marty she still a beauty you know I want two great pieces at Heritage Auctions
    THE BEST was George Benson’s that RED GB5 prototype he toured with for years

then in October the same year I won this Citation man what a deal

BIG

User Info Menu

I doubt Gibson will ever make another Citation, not in the foreseeable future.

The world has changed.

User Info Menu

I agree Marty I think heritage and gibson are just gonna be making les pauls and 335 style guitars and they’re going to be tourist destinations to people that don’t know any better

what a damn shame

User Info Menu

Sad but true, Mainstream arch tops are following us off to the Promised Land.

A toast…..

User Info Menu

HA 2002 Gibson Citation-483dcca6-8d98-4d0a-bd09-9f415d59da74-jpg

Well on a lighter note the big man still cooking and yesterday I made a big pot of chicken noodle soup with an amazing array of vegetables
    so come and get it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lobomov

It's always easy with 20/20 hindsight .. But had I know what would happen to the archtop marked then I would have picked up that Tal Farlow that Thoman had for £36000 back in 2013 ... oh well
    Am I detecting an extra "0" in that price?

User Info Menu

I still feel pretty lousy so I braised up some oxtails and then transferred everything to a even bigger pan and threw in every kind of vegetable I had into the soup pot. Covered and slow cooked in the oven. It's just what I needed , aside from the guitar getting here in one doggone piece. The checking, I don't know man, if it's checked I'm ok with it...

Big

Attachment 47251

Replying to a four year old post, but I still remember the mouth watering picture of the ox tail stew. It reminds me of the several round trips my late wife and I made in Andalucia and southern Spain. Many restaurants and tapas bars serves ox tail stew (or Rabo de Toro as it's called there) and every place make it different from the others. Often the best is had in more humble places where the locals eat and drink themselves. The best we had was at "Bodega San Fransisco" in Ronda and at the public market bar in Merida. So the revival of this thread brings back happy memories for me - as well as the pictures of gorgeous guitars.

User Info Menu

Even better is today’s entrée which is a chicken and sweet corn and cheese enchilada tray and a mild green chili sauce

off the hook delicious HA 2002 Gibson Citation-bc5d5074-e9af-4f40-8953-4ad690d47e4d-jpgHA 2002 Gibson Citation-7a43b7eb-6fc3-4165-ae3a-3bba3a2ea7e0-jpg