The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 23 of 23

User Info Menu

Couldn't resist. Loving this guitar. As far as I can see this "floor model" is absolutely perfect. I did have to switch the pickup ring around, which I have learned for some reason is not a "bug" but a "feature" that I immediately reverse!

CME set it up perfectly. I don't normally play D'Addario (Chromes?) Flatwound, but I'm enjoying these strings. The tone is lovely. I got a slight discount off the already reduced price, making this one of the best guitar deals ever. The inlay work on this guitar seems especially beautiful.

2016 Gibson ES-175 Figured Sunburst-es175-figured-1-jpg2016 Gibson ES-175 Figured Sunburst-es175-figured-2-jpg2016 Gibson ES-175 Figured Sunburst-es175-figured-3-jpg2016 Gibson ES-175 Figured Sunburst-es175-figured-4-jpg2016 Gibson ES-175 Figured Sunburst-es175-figured-5-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Here is a quick clip of Jimmy Raney's Aebersold solo on "Out of Nowhere"

User Info Menu

That's a real beauty.

I understand that CME will have another large batch of guitars in the next few days. Maybe others will follow your lead.

I'm curious about the truss rod cover. Also, how would you describe the neck?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass
    That's a real beauty.

I understand that CME will have another large batch of guitars in the next few days. Maybe others will follow your lead.

I'm curious about the truss rod cover. Also, how would you describe the neck?
    Yes the cover has a little f-hole design. Not sure I like it, though I don't "dislike" it either.

Funny, I just picked it up and played it, loved it. Never thought about the neck carve. I'll have to compare it with the others I have. Moving among my L5ces, ES165, VOS ES175 and this guitar I feel very little difference in terms of neck carve, but I could measure to be sure.

User Info Menu

What a lovely sunburst, and a tone to match! Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Happy New Guitar Day! I know you'll enjoy it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass
    I'm curious about the truss rod cover.
    They started to but that on all Memphis guitars recently ...

User Info Menu

Lawson, That is my favorite color hands down.
    What a beauty. Your hands have the sound NAILED!!
    great clip. I am mega jealous. Getting a brand new perfect Gibson 175 is a life event to most.
    Play it like the mans man you are! I am very happy for you.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Lawson ,
    Beautiful guitar and a smart choice. Do enjoy .

User Info Menu

Congrats Lawson. Now, like me, you have both a blonde and a sunburst 175. A boy scout must be prepared...

User Info Menu

Ya got a good ‘un!

User Info Menu

BINGO! You won!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    great clip. I am mega jealous. Getting a brand new perfect Gibson 175 is a life event to most.
    Joe D
    I'm thinking of doing a "shoot out" (a peaceful one) with the VOS ES175, this one, and your ES165. Not to decide which is better, but just to celebrate all three of them!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    Congrats Lawson. Now, like me, you have both a blonde and a sunburst 175. A boy scout must be prepared...
    Actually my blonde is the Epiphone Premium ES175... not quite in the same league!

User Info Menu

Joe D
    The color is actually rather close to the L5ces I bought recently.

I'm beginning to feel like maybe... I will taper off buying for a while! I got too many nice guitars and they are all clamoring to be played!

2016 Gibson ES-175 Figured Sunburst-es175-figured-1-jpg2016 Gibson ES-175 Figured Sunburst-l5-introduction-3-jpg

User Info Menu

I say this to Vinny and Mikey all the time.
    if you can swing it and you are not getting yourself into trouble then go for it. Honestly, I wish I could do it. one other very important thing you said. All your guitars have the same neck. To me, that makes it easy to jump back and forth between your guitars. That’s a biggie.
    You have great taste in guitars.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

if you can swing it and you are not getting yourself into trouble then go for it. Honestly, I wish I could do it. one other very important thing you said. All your guitars have the same neck. To me, that makes it easy to jump back and forth between your guitars. That’s a biggie.
    Joe D
    Thanks Joe! It all started with "your" ES165. It's funny, I now have bought 6 Gibson archtops, still own 5 of them, and every single one has fully met my greatest expectations. Each one has been an incredible instrument especially for the prices I paid.

User Info Menu

Very nice!

I'm wondering if there is a correlation between the forum going down and all the new guitars. It seems that deprived of the contemplation the urge to make things real becomes too much to resist. If the retailers figure this out we can expect to see the site hacked and prices raised simultaneously....

User Info Menu

This new one......now that's "the tone" ......only IMO.

User Info Menu

Joe D
    When you are ready take your pick....Blonde or VSB.

User Info Menu

I think you should sell some of them books to buy more guitars...

;-)

User Info Menu

I hate to tell you this Lawson but you are falling deep into the Gibson rabbit hole. Trust me, it is very hard to get back out but do enjoy. At least you are a savvy buyer and get the smoking deals.

Soon you will be at meetings with me and BigMike at Guitaraholic Anonymous. The furthest I made it was step 7 before I fell off the wagon again.......LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    I hate to tell you this Lawson but you are falling deep into the Gibson rabbit hole. Trust me, it is very hard to get back out but do enjoy. At least you are a savvy buyer and get the smoking deals.

Soon you will be at meetings with me and BigMike at Guitaraholic Anonymous. The furthest I made it was step 7 before I fell off the wagon again.......LOL
    But to go to the meetings I have to want to quit... and I don't! But you can give me a match-book cover with your phone number on it and when I hit bottom, I'll know I can call you. That's the 12-Step way!

LOOOOOOVE this rabbit hole.