The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 56 of 56

User Info Menu

Thanks Spook - How've you been? Heard from Big Mike?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CamillusUSA
    I'm very well though obviously suffering a bit of guitar envy. I didn't realize Wu guitars had achieved that level of sophistication and style. If only there were a place to store one more guitar around here. I am glad I loaded up on Yunzhi's and Wu's back in the day. Ended up being a good long term choice. Like you, I acquired a variety and have enjoyed the options that affords. As for Big Mike I have not seen a post from him in awhile.
    Last edited by Spook410; 09-02-2021 at 01:39 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CamillusUSA
    He’s become a lurker. He rarely posts any more, but he posted a month ago. He felt alienated by a few members here. It’s unfortunate, but it is what it is.

User Info Menu

IMHO, sad. He's a good guy and always there to help....

Thanks.

User Info Menu

Hello everyone. I want to thank the members of the group who have shared their experiences ordering a Wu. As a lefty, this was basically my only option within my budget. I have returned to Jazz guitar after a 20+ year hiatus, trying to play something between Bucky Pizzarelli, Bill Frisell, Joe Pass,and Charlie Hunter. It took almost a year, about 100 emails back and forth with Ms Lora, COVID-related delays, and some detailed finishing work from my local luthier, but I am really happy with the result--all for roughly the price of a production archtop. I'll post more details soon. In addition, I have learned a lot about amps here, and am very happy with my Little Jazz, even with the low A string.
    Attached Images Attached Images Show Us Your Wu?-wu-dv-setup-jpg 

User Info Menu

Congrats on your new guitar. I can see why it had to be a custom. Would have been tough to find those features on a production model.